Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Patch notes 1.2
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Patch is going live around now! Including various fixes and balance changes. Discuss!

Patch 1.2
10-8-2012

Character balance/fixes
- Derpl will no longer be stuck in the jumppads in the middle of Ribbit IV
- Derpl, turretmode bullets range improved, base 7.4 > 7.6, upgrade 2 > 2.4
- Derpl, trap snare duration upgrades changed 0.5 > 0.4, 1 > 0.8
- Derpl, trap cooldown changed 5 > 6
- Coco, ball lightning range upgrade now also increases speed
- Coco, ball lightning blind upgrade buffed, 1.5 > 3 Seconds.
- Coco, Ball lightning damage changed, base 25 > 35, upgrades 15 > 5, upgrade cost 205 > 180
- Coco, Ball lightning cooldown changed, base 7 > 5.5, upgrade -1.5 > -1
- Lonestar, Grenades now always explode on contact after 0.3 Seconds. This is no longer affected by the bounce upgrade
- Clunk, missile string with upgraded attack speed should now be correct
- Clunk, attack speed upgrades fixed (order was incorrect: second tier was weaker than first)
- Droids, improved base health and health increase during gameplay
- Leon, crit upgrade split into two upgrades that add +10 damage each. Critchance remains 15%
- Leon, base attack speed reduced 150 > 136, upgrade cost 195 > 215
- Voltar, healing speed changed 60 > 67
- Voltar, Drone cooldown reduction upgrade fixed
- Voltar, fixed that Healbot knockback on blue team was inverted (pull instead of push)
- Froggy G, Dash cooldown upgrade cost 110 > 120, 180 > 190
- Froggy G, Dash stun upgrade cost 130 > 140
- Froggy G, Shot attack speed upgrade cost 145 > 165
- Froggy G, Shot range upgrade cost 145 > 185
- Yuri, fixed timing inconsistencies with healing bubble

General fixes: major fixes
- Fixed a crash when switching control scheme while a popup is being opened or closed
- Achievement Masters Of The Universe has been fixed
- Fixed that only one wireless Xbox controller was usable at once
- Fixed that non-Xbox controllers that output as XInput were read double, causing one controller to control two splitscreen players (for example Logitech F310)
- Music now mutes when the game window does not have focus (on alt+tab, for example)
- Instead of crashing, game now shows a message if videocard drivers are grossly out of date

General fixes: minor fixes
- Fixed that some network packages were lost before sending. This is probably only a minor networking improvement
- Number of Solar Bosses killed is now tracked in the stats screen
- Hawk Wolf Puma Bear descriptions fixed in Spanish, French
- Fixed that second bottom turret in Ribbit IV could sometimes be attacked from the back without returning fire
- Window now minimizes when browser links in main menu are clicked
- Improved menu controls with some control schemes in some specific places
- Removed “mute” button from scorescreen and controls scheme configuration screen (button didn’t do anything)
- Various other minor fixes to functionality and texts

Topics that didn’t make it into this patch and that we are working on
- New character Gnaw will come soon!
- Some players get excessive lag or too many network errors. Less than 0.1% of players cannot enter an online match at all. We are working on this.
- We are still looking for a fix for some players with various Nvidia cards who can only run on Low graphics quality, or not at all.
- A couple of players with specific Asus laptops cannot start the game at all. We are still looking for a fix for this.
- Some users claim that there are bugs in the Rankings calculations, so we have added additional logging to be able to research that. If you see things like that you win and then see your ranking decrease, then send us a log plus extensive description of what happened, so that we can check what is going on.
- Besides new characters and various fixes, we are working on something Really Cool And New (tm). We will not yet tell you what that is. Muhaha!

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 1.2
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm 

That's a very stange change to Derpl's snare, i had no idea it was considered to be so powerful that it warranted a cooldown increase and the duration to be lowered aswell.

And i gotta say i'm very worried on the Coco changes, they seem very excessive.

Last edited by MajorMelchett on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 pm 

Groggy F wrote:
Here are some things that weren't mentioned in the patchnotes:

-Leon's Clover of honour tiers cost 175 solar each
-Leon's attack speed is 136.4, and attack speed upgrade add 15.8% each, curiously.
-9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors' sequel, Virtue's Last Reward, gets an European release, OH HELL YES

A bit miffed that Coco and especially Derpl got nerfed overall while they are arguably the worst 'Nauts in the game, but thankfully Leon got his well-needed nerf. The problem with Coco was that her Lightning Ball build was so much better than the other possible builds. That was not only because her LB was so good, it was also because her other options were so mediocre. I expect that Coco will fall in usage a lot until her other options get compensated for the LB's nerf.

Also, you still haven't balanced Voltar's Happy thoughts and Euphoric thoughts against eachother. I don't really mind it, but it shouldn't take much work.

I hope the Really Cool And New (tm) thing is the Really Cool (tm) thing I proposed when the game launched on consoles, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

Last edited by Groggy F on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 pm 

Interesting changes, I'll have to test them out.
Also, anyone who wants to find out more about the new character Gnaw! A new video has been posted on Ronimo's youtube channel showcasing him! Go go watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCdNiyv ... re=g-all-u

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:30 pm 

Groggy F wrote:
A bit miffed that Coco and especially Derpl got nerfed a bit overall while they are arguably the worst 'Nauts in the game, but thankfully Leon got his well-needed nerf.

I think you missread the coco changes, she's been buffed. Her ball now increase speed aswell as range, the blind is twice as long (that's very over the top), it hits harder on the base attack, costs less and has a lower cooldown.

I do agree with you on Derpl though, that was one naut that really didn't need a downgrade.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:35 pm 

Coco , here I come!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 pm 

MajorMelchett wrote:
Groggy F wrote:
A bit miffed that Coco and especially Derpl got nerfed a bit overall while they are arguably the worst 'Nauts in the game, but thankfully Leon got his well-needed nerf.

I think you missread the coco changes, she's been buffed. Her ball now increase speed aswell as range, the blind is twice as long (that's very over the top), it hits harder on the base attack, costs less and has a lower cooldown.

I do agree with you on Derpl though, that was one naut that really didn't need a downgrade.

That's why I said Coco's LB got nerfed overall. It got a couple of small buffs (cooldown decrease is pretty big, though), but the damage (which was by far it's most important aspect, much more compared to upgrades like Lonestar's dynamite) got nerfed from 70 to 50, and even then it's hard to justify 180 solar for an extra 5 damage, so maybe it's best just to leave it at 35.

EDIT: actually, I just remembered the LB has great knockback potential (it's just I've never seen someone effectivelly abuse it), maybe you're right in that it was a buff after all. I'll have to see this for myself.

Last edited by Groggy F on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm 

conorbebe wrote:
Interesting changes, I'll have to test them out.
Also, anyone who wants to find out more about the new character Gnaw! A new video has been posted on Ronimo's youtube channel showcasing him! Go go watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCdNiyv ... re=g-all-u

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 pm 

Great update! I'm looking forward to some sweet Lonestar air kills without the silly bounce upgrade. And, of course, the much needed Leon nerf.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:44 pm 

So it wasn't a "nerf Leon emergency patch", but an actual complete balance patch. Nice.
I see some huge changes - bouncing no longer a must-have for Lonestar , some other that seem insignificant but allow some nasty set-ups - won't tell which, I prefer to keep them for my fights :twisted:

Now to discuss about balance :
- I think Derpl should be unmovable while in turret mode. He's way too vulnerable to bulls, tongue... Also, his immobility should be compensated by one of the highest DPS in the game, that he clearly hasn't. You should add one or two tiers to his gatling damage.
- For Coco, I don't see a reason for her to be so weak against turrets -especially compared to the player-killer Leon. Her turret damage upgrades aren't even as good as her normal attack upgrade. I remember a 150% bonus in her early build, that seems more appropriate. Also, her blaze damage upgrade needs a buff - over 500 solar for a 15 damage bonus on a 7s cooldown skill ?
- Leon's nerfs seem a bit light, can he still do critical hits on turrets ?
- Froggy G is still S tier
- Are super-droids dangerous now ? They should be "OMG everyone come help me there's a super-droid !", not "Nice, free solar".