Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: How 2 counter deadlift?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 am 

I find the strong cow to be very frustrating to deal with. Is there really anything to do against a competent Deadlift besides kite him with chip damage? If he's smart with his shield, he can nullify any amount of burst or cc. I mean obviously it's especially rough as a Sentry main since he makes BHS almost completely useless, but it seems to be a general sentiment among people I play with that he's really hard to fight. The only strong counters I can think of would be like ksenia and leon since they can silence out of invis and catch him without a shield

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb:

Post subject: Re: How 2 counter deadlift?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:49 am 

Good question. He's not really a character who's designed with any obvious weaknesses, in terms of how to secure a kill on him. :shrug:

The main advantage burst has over DPS is that it's instant and can be stacked with other instant damage, but DPS (as the name implies) is more consistent, so I would think his counter would be actually be solid DPS, like Froggy, Nibbs, or even a good, consistent auto attack. Ayla's Rage, maybe? Something to wear down his shield without blowing any long cooldowns. Deadlift counters Nauts with big, single burst moves the hardest. :chew: :drool:

So, I would say hard, consistent damage. But maybe that's just a L3 scrub theorycrafting. :derp:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post subject: Re: How 2 counter deadlift?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:06 am 

If playing with friends: bait the shield with burst, then wear down and kill. Or do a combo using silence first.
In solo: wear him down until he runs away and continue doing other stuff.
You have to count his shield CD. Basically deadlift is a typical “immortal” character that you have to wait for his mistakes to punish him. Like Frog or Dizzy or Rocket. Let him initiate, then fight back.