Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Let's talk about Yoolip
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 pm 

Sam! wrote:
None of these changes do anything honestly

Just let him cancel out of dinos into gaze like nibbs can orb out of breath. Look what being able to refract while bonding did for ix - let him do that and see where he stands after that.

agreed

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:52 pm 

Sam! wrote:

Just let him cancel out of dinos into gaze like nibbs can orb out of breath. Look what being able to refract while bonding did for ix - let him do that and see where he stands after that.

Seems like we've reached some sort of consensus. Now, all we need to do is play the waiting game until the devs decide to conjure some sort of beta for Yoolip.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm 

Id prefer if his healing upgrades weren't so strong...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm 

DarkClaw wrote:
Id prefer if his healing upgrades weren't so strong...

how else would all the yoolip one-tricks be remotely useful

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

Sam! wrote:

I would agree with you on a balance and QoL point of view, however you have to keep in mind that Ronimo 'designed' Yoolip's gaze around being a double edged sword.
This is probably the only good thing I have to say about his design, since most of the new nauts don't have much risk reward going on (making them very straight forward).

To elaborate on this "Double edged sword" design; Clunk's explode is very well designed imo because when you miss explode it puts Clunk in a lot of risk while hitting the explode is very rewarding, compare that to deadlift's shield which has no downsides and is always rewarding. Which of these 2 designs would you prefer?

I would rather change Yoolip's dinos into something more reliable and more support orientated.
Currently they are nothing but a spam tool with healing upgrades.
A simple way to make them better and more interesting would be by lowering the damage slightly, Increasing the CD slightly, making the dinos auto-jump and changing the auto-jump upgrade into a weaken upgrade.
A weaken upgrade on dinos might allow Yoolip to be more active, while making dinos a better support ability.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 am 

I think his combo is alright, sure dino's can get a buff. But if you look at his kit it's actually so busted. 200 dot for 180 solar, healthpacks, 16% amp on an AA. it's just his * poor movement combined with self-stun that makes him so bad atm.

In full fights yoolip is the one that always dies. He can't get out. Even with range gaze his trick will always bring a lot of risk and downtime. He has average max health and even with boots his jump and character acceleration is awful. His movement is more predictable than Rocco's and eventhough he has a surprisingly strong AA (16% amp allowed on this char wtf), using it effectively is most often not possible with how fast your health will drop to 0.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm 

I think his AA could have a Genji like puff cloud upgrade or something like that to make it more tactically viable.

His boots give him a great 1vs1 escape though, one of the very few characters I ever buy boots as.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm 

I agree with jas, dinos should be more reliable. At the moment, they're usually deployed as a self/team heal or used to trigger Quark Microscope. Given it's high cooldown, its impact is very low due to how easy it is to avoid, not to mention that the heals are scattered all over the place - more often than not, it ends up being wasteful. I would fully support giving dinos a longer cooldown and lowering damage dealt vs nauts, if they jumped at enemies at base.

When it comes to his AA, it's fine the way it is. He wasn't meant to be able to outbrawl most nauts, his design was intended to rely and be relied upon by his teammates and i'm fine with that, honestly. Funnily enough, he has one of the most busted upgrades in the game (Quark Microscope) in that row which no one ever mentions. Also, can we just replace Sonic Wrench with something else? It always triggers me whenever a teammate picks that and ends up being useless in teamfights, that upgrade is a meme.

When it comes to his movement, eh, i think it's alright. Support nauts' do have clunky movement so i don't see why Yoolip should be any different. Also, making someone go fast all the time would be a nightmare to deal with when said someone has the ability to make you completely helpless (i'm sure some of you must be thinking of Ix when it comes to movement but he isn't a Support naut, he's a Demigod so he doesn't count).

If any buffs were to take place, some prices would have to be adjusted (similar to what was proposed in the original post) since some of his upgrades are pretty damn good, actually.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:35 pm 

Does someone actually buy Yoolips AA upgrades before he has upgraded everything else first? I just buy his AA when Im run out of everything else to buy, and for the AA upgrades mainly focus on getting dps to do turret dmg. Oh, with the exception of droid Kill health drop, that one is usefull.

Anyway, besides that one upgrade, the rest in AA line is just taken when we are about to win the match anyway.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:26 am 

The biggest problem with Yoolip is he's so inconsistent. His combo is hard to land due to enemy players having BRAINS, yet when it does land they get melted and insta-die.
He needs to have a reliable source of damage that can't be simply jumped over.