Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 11309
Location: Poland
Infamous wrote:
Alpha Z wrote:
Please, accept 1 Million dollars. No catch.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!


Keep posting like that, and you might find yourself really infamous one day. :thumb:

_________________
Steam
Zardoz wrote:
hahaha
hahahahaha
...
you're serious aren't you
god dammit


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 pm
Posts: 9569
DarkDXZ wrote:
Infamous wrote:
Alpha Z wrote:
Please, accept 1 Million dollars. No catch.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!


Keep posting like that, and you might find yourself really infamous one day. :thumb:


He is already.

_________________
Steam

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am
Posts: 1056
Serious time:

Is it worth adding a section to this thread about writing well-received replies to balance threads?

I'm sick and tired of seeing either "I agree for no particular reason," "I disagree for no reason," or even the condescending "you suck at balance, clearly Derpl is OP and BKM is mandatory because I say so."

_________________
Approaching 2K hours, 3 long breaks from playing, and 2 attempts to leave the forums at least partially. My will is weaker than Nauts.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:31 pm
Posts: 2790
So it only matters to agree when you're kurt edwiener toilethumor starplat "enternameofotherwellknownproplayers"? Sure it's good to add something if you can when you agree but if the person said what you think exactly you don't have to try and add something if you don't have the words for it.

_________________
Send me a PM for my character reworks, link no longer fits in a signature.
Last updated July 11, 2015.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 4159
I agree that there should be guidelines on posting replies too.

_________________
My steam
My not so interesting Twitter


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12872
Location: lol
doofball wrote:
Serious time:

Is it worth adding a section to this thread about writing well-received replies to balance threads?

I'm sick and tired of seeing either "I agree for no particular reason," "I disagree for no reason," or even the condescending "you suck at balance, clearly Derpl is OP and BKM is mandatory because I say so."

I agree for no particular reason.

_________________
Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Winning
FishmanDerp wrote:
doofball wrote:
Serious time:

Is it worth adding a section to this thread about writing well-received replies to balance threads?

I'm sick and tired of seeing either "I agree for no particular reason," "I disagree for no reason," or even the condescending "you suck at balance, clearly Derpl is OP and BKM is mandatory because I say so."

I agree for no particular reason.


I would but since people struggle to take this thread into account when posting I don't think it would help too much...

_________________
I play Froggy, and quote myself. Egotistical? Maybe...
Treeby wrote:
People say you are what you eat. I don't remember eating a sexy beast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [READ FIRST!] Before posting a thread on balance
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm
Posts: 5945
Location: Barrier Magazine Marketing Department
Can we add "Don't discredit posts you deem invalid with 'You're stupid.'" to this list?

Just because a post is adressing something you deem a non-issue you should still provide a clear reason as to why it's not an issue. Saying "I'm right because your wrong" doesn't add anything to the discussion.

If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all.



Treeby wrote:
FishmanDerp wrote:
doofball wrote:
Serious time:

Is it worth adding a section to this thread about writing well-received replies to balance threads?

I'm sick and tired of seeing either "I agree for no particular reason," "I disagree for no reason," or even the condescending "you suck at balance, clearly Derpl is OP and BKM is mandatory because I say so."

I agree for no particular reason.


I would but since people struggle to take this thread into account when posting I don't think it would help too much...

Hell, I'd be willing to do it for you.

If anyone wants it feel free to PM me with things you want to see on that list.
Other than the pre-stated "Give a reason as to why you agree/disagree" I haven't got much.

Well. I've got a few ideas, actually:
  • Don't bring Ranking into the argument.
    Ranks are a very easy number to skew. Many players don't care much about rank, and therefor focus on having a good time over winning. Despite a player's "low" win-rate and "lack of skill", they may still have concerns involving balance that you haven't seen in higher tier gameplay. League 5 players are still players.
  • Consider the other side
    A Derpl player may not consider it fair that Skolldir can get an Attack Speed bonus by "throwing" an immovable Seiged Derpl, but a Skolldir player may consider it unfair that Derpl is immovable. Consider both sides of the argument when thinking about a balance post.
  • People make mistakes
    If a post/reply seems misinformed, don't bash them about it. Tell them that they are misinformed in a civilized manner. Lashing out and stating "That isn't even true, idiot!" will only result in the opposing party getting upset and thinking that "You just don't think it's true!"
  • Remain Civil
    This should go without saying. Keep a level head and respond to everything politely. If someone wants to nerf a character/upgrade you really like or buff a character/upgrade you really dislike, don't bash them. You are allowed to state your personal opinion on the character/upgrade, but you can't base your entire post around your opinion.

_________________
I was Chogi.
Emo Chapington wrote:
[Post brought to you by GuyBrush]
Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

cron