Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [Read srsly]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:59 pm
Posts: 1240
I would suggest to just start closing returning topics :)

I don't mind every 'get mad' person to make a reply on some topic, however I do mind every 'get mad' user to make a new topic.

_________________
3HM's team captain.
@3hmnauts | Twitch | Steam
--
Niko wrote:
the same points are being repeated ad infinitum


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read srsly]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Winning
Kngrichard wrote:
I would suggest to just start closing returning topics :)

I don't mind every 'get mad' person to make a reply on some topic, however I do mind every 'get mad' user to make a new topic.


This.

_________________
I play Froggy, and quote myself. Egotistical? Maybe...
Treeby wrote:
People say you are what you eat. I don't remember eating a sexy beast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read srsly]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12862
Location: lol
Kngrichard wrote:
I would suggest to just start closing returning topics :)

I don't mind every 'get mad' person to make a reply on some topic, however I do mind every 'get mad' user to make a new topic.

Got PMed a solution lately, and with a quick revision, it could work.

_________________
Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read srsly]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
FishmanDerp wrote:
Kngrichard wrote:
I would suggest to just start closing returning topics :)

I don't mind every 'get mad' person to make a reply on some topic, however I do mind every 'get mad' user to make a new topic.

Got PMed a solution lately, and with a quick revision, it could work.

Merging topics would be nice; locking duplicates would work. Keeping a forum clean and organized should be one of the Adminaut's top priorities, per the title of Forum Moderators.

Honestly, it's getting out of hand - to the point where I'd almost avoid this subforum altogether.

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read srsly]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
FishmanDerp wrote:
Kngrichard wrote:
I would suggest to just start closing returning topics :)

I don't mind every 'get mad' person to make a reply on some topic, however I do mind every 'get mad' user to make a new topic.

Got PMed a solution lately, and with a quick revision, it could work.

#doublepostyolo

Fish, why not just make an individual rule-list for the subforum?
Enforce it so people HAVE to visit this thread.

Treeby's current OP can be a guideline if people are questioning whether they should make a thread, and to advise people to report similar threads that are present at the same time (dependant on which thread is newer).

idunno, depends on what Ronimo wants/intends (and I know that very few devs visit this forum, just because of the cluster asterisk*4 that this subforum is).

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [You should read this]Before You Make a Thread on Balanc
 Post Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 am
Posts: 121
Location: United Kingdom
Why not have a bunch of threads for centralized discussion about x and y and then a stickied Index thread that has a comprehensive list of them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [You should read this]Before You Make a Thread on Balanc
 Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 1545
Location: Canada
Alice wrote:
Why not have a bunch of threads for centralized discussion about x and y and then a stickied Index thread that has a comprehensive list of them all.


This is a much better format than your suggestion, as the index thread would be worth more time than its worth to update.

_________________
Steam: MikalMirkas
Leader of VnD (now on hiatus)
rockhardGamer wrote:
anything mikal has ever said is automatically funny and i would recommend avoiding that garbage *

I've officially quit endorsing Ronimo due to how Machiel handled a certain scenario involving user harassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [You should read this]Before You Make a Thread on Balanc
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Posts: 24
Can I also add that nauts also have their strengths and weaknesses. Melee characters inherently do not play well against ranged characters (which can be overcome with skill and map knowledge). If you say that weeds are too overpowered because you are playing Skoll and you have a difficult time wiping them compared to a Vinny player; that speaks of your own inexperience and ignorance.

Also another thing to consider is how balanced a team you carry vs. enemy team. Some teams can gank better (e.g. cocooning) and others can push turrets more effectively. That doesn't make a single skill overpowered just because a team can play out their strengths better than you can defend or counter against it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [You should read this]Before You Make a Thread on Balanc
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 pm
Posts: 25
i read this and still want to make thread on balance not everyone wants same threads if the thrreads good 4 people the y reply and the good ones go top


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [You should read this]Before You Make a Thread on Balanc
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:41 pm
Posts: 127
p van d wrote:
i read this and still want to make thread on balance not everyone wants same threads if the thrreads good 4 people the y reply and the good ones go top


yes


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next