Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Derpl
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:00 am 

Quote:
You can't just see somebody who's trapped, siege towards them and get a solid nuke off anymore for free.

Yes, but every other naut can keep their "free kill" skill. Clunk can snarebite for free kills. Most nauts can burst down people easily. But landing Derpl's nuke on nauts is harder than ever now.

Quote:
You either gotta be ready for them getting trapped

Which I usually am. But they just escape anyway. The duration is too short. Traps are basicly useless so I don't build into duration anymore as it doesn't make much of a difference (money is spent better in other upgrades).

Quote:
or just snarebump them, which is laughably easy.

Which is really dumb though. Way to award lagging 400 ping players.
There was a reason trap hugging was changed back when Derpl was released.

Post subject: Re: Derpl
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:15 am 

mugg1991 wrote:
Quote:
You can't just see somebody who's trapped, siege towards them and get a solid nuke off anymore for free.

Yes, but every other naut can keep their "free kill" skill. Clunk can snarebite for free kills. Most nauts can burst down people easily. But landing Derpl's nuke on nauts is harder than ever now.

The thing about Clunk's snare-bite is that it's basically the only thing he can do, besides drop-explode and the zoning created by his AA.
Clunk is extremely dangerous if you play into his hands... But he's completely contingent on either you coming into bite range or someone else putting you there... And then you have to not have a response ready, since any kind of knock-back creates enough space to dodge him.
Once explode is on cooldown or Clunk's health is low, unless he kamikazes he can't do anything.

MEANWHILE

"What's that? You're playing a melee character and you wanted to punish this massive ****-off turret that's been locking down both lanes of Starstorm for the past 10 minutes by drop-seiging in front of the forward turrets?
Hope you can chew through that massive health bar in a couple of seconds, because if you can't, oops, there's a snare you had no way of avoiding! Have fun getting shot in the face!"

The big problem with the traps is that they're effectively a cross-counter against anyone that has to get close to Derpl to deal damage.
They make the period where he's supposed to be more vulnerable just as dangerous as his siege mode, because at any time he could drop a trap you have no chance to react to, siege in front of you, and dump a disheartening amount of damage into you while you're powerless to stop him.
Or, if he's in the process of running away, put too much distance between the two of you for you to catch him.

Quote:
Quote:
You either gotta be ready for them getting trapped

Which I usually am. But they just escape anyway. The duration is too short. Traps are basicly useless so I don't build into duration anymore as it doesn't make much of a difference (money is spent better in other upgrades).

If you can deal enough damage to them while they're literally unable to reposition themselves then that's more than enough.
Not everything needs to be able to result in people getting 100-0'd the first time it lands. If anything this game has too many such skills.