Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Realynn rift and piercing is to save and does to much.
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm 

The past few days that i have been playing nauts ive seen a realynn in almost every game i play. They almost always play the same aswel. Pierce with boots and droid on rift. I cannot express how frustrating it is to sit behind a tower and look at a realynn that gets free poke on a tower with the droid that triggers the turret to take damage, does a decent amount of damage and has a good healthpool. on top of that it can block players into the rift giving you this luck based mechanic of will it * me over or will it let me out. You can do three things to this. You dash trough the rift taking damage from it slowing you dow and wasting one of your abilities and try to kill realynn. you can wait until rift ends making a super obvious atack that is beyond predictable. or you can try poke them trough a realynn rift. I have played games where realynn doesnt do anything and still wins because she cheese pushes the whole game. she has one of the strongest auto atacks in the game and gets full piercing on it. so ontop of her making it near imposible to kill her when rift is up she also hits your turret no matter what. with skree totem being the only thing to prevent her from hitting the tower. she can deal damage to enemy awesomenauts, clear the wave and push the tower with only auto atacks because piercing pierces everything. I want her to be nerfed. next patch will buff her range and fix a bug on iron riffle making her even better than she already is.

Nerfs:
Timeslow on rift 60% --->40%

T-800 Dome
m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶r̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶i̶d̶ --------> Sniping a enemy trough rift will amp them for 15%

Piercing ----> split into 2 ranks each rank costs 80 solar. each rak lets her pierce a aditional target (like chucho's piercing)

These changes will shut down the frustrating cheese realynn i see every game and allow for a new more skillfull realynn with a amp snipe into a 200% damage shot.

~Linn

Post subject: Re: Realynn rift and piercing is to save and does to much.
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Why are you sitting behind your turrets watching a 'Naut with zero escape mechanism outside of literally hoping her enemies can't catch her destroy said turrets with an upgrade that lets her tank a second, at most, of those turrets' fire?

The summoned hummingbird is so weak I don't even want to calculate how many hours it'd take to destroy a turret with them. I actually don't want to do that. It bodyblocking things in Timerift is literally all it has going for it: it's borderline aesthetic.

Next patch also isn't going to buff her range and don't tell me that Monkey Hand is going to become viable while triple damage stacking exists, because damage stacking is near-objectively superior.

A "20%" time modification nerf is actually far more crippling than you appreciate.

I'm also horrified that you've presumably lost games to a Raelynn that didn't do anything outside of turret cheesing. I don't actually know how that's possible unless you were Voltar and your allies were Yoolip and disconnected.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 pm 

You are forgetting that she also has teammates that schoot the tower aswel and if you engage while she has nauts nearby you will get killed. You are also saying that you need to have some skill to take her down but also say that the droid bodyblock luck is the only thing good about so i am guessing you also dont like the droid.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:57 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
So, the problem's not Raelynn herself pushing, but her whole team pushing? Isn't that a problem with literally every team composition physically possible in Awesomenauts? Raelynn hardly creates pushes the same way Lonestar, Chucho, or even Leon can.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:19 am 

a coordinated team going in together can ean easily be taking 2-3 bars at a time off a rift push. whether or not you think thats viable or counterable blah blah blah idc (personally i think its fine) but it is an objective fact that linn is not describing some 1 dmg push that takes hours to add up

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:19 am 

of course you would know that if youd play the game in over half a year

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 am 

i think the stalling that the bodyblock of the droid + pierce on BA generate is more of the problem. Maybe make droids way heavier, this also means that you have to do the switch aggro mechanic to stall droids in front of turret. Which is a more balanced form of stalling because the player needs to actively be around the droids for the entire duration.

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:37 am 

I still don't understand people who sign off on forum posts.
I also don't understand anything that you wrote, but I mainly don't understand people who put a signature at the end of forum posts, especially considering that there's a built-in signature feature.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 am 

GuyBrush wrote:
I still don't understand people who sign off on forum posts.
I also don't understand anything that you wrote, but I mainly don't understand people who put a signature at the end of forum posts, especially considering that there's a built-in signature feature.

What built-in signature feature? the only way to make sure people know who you are, since usernames aren't widely available is to sign off.
You must not trash this ancient art.

~The queen of england

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 am 

Hey I just wanted to say that I have nothing to say on this topic. :raehands: Cya

~Morrowsaw