Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Realynn rift and piercing is to save and does to much.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Even shorter version:
Don't buy T-800 Dome. It is trash and smells faintly of vomit.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 pm 

droid is great for solocarrying dead weight

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 pm 

spamming "your turret is under attack!" by throwing droids at the turret is a god-tier paranoia tactic tbh

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:00 am 

You're sugar coating droid spawner a bit too much there, the situations you described are rare and the reasons it's bought is to get random rift bodyblocks and turret cheesing. Nobody buys the thing against a chucho with the specific intention of "if I throw the rift at this precise time I can catch the sticky to save myself providing my cooldowns are off" - no, it's just a random thing that occasionally happens. Pushing in this game is incredibly uninteractive when you're sitting behind the turret trying to defend against ranged characters, and raelynn is the biggest offender of them all. She can just chuck a rift in front of the turret, enabling free push with droidspawner and blocking retaliation if you're standing behind the turret because of the rift. Being able to throw a rift at a turret at any time and get 5-6 AA hits in would be the real reason why this item is seen on practically every L1 rae ever.

I really don't like the item since the two reasons you actually buy it for are really cheesy.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:55 am 

Maybe not everyone, But I certainly do, I'm sure I'm far from the best Raelynn player, but the moment doesn't have to be precise, especially against certain nauts like Lonestar or Chucho where you can tell when they're setting it up, sometimes before they even prep it. So long as you remain behind the droid, especially if you have a good grasp of where the droid spawns on your rift. The body blocking is usually not difficult if your opponent is not factoring it in, and even comes naturally to how you would usually place time rift, assuming you're always firing it in front of them. By in front of them I mean close to you if they're moving towards you, or far away from you if they're running away, giving rift more potential for chasing.

And I honestly think vision is underrated in nauts, having humming placed in the enemy critter area while they are respawning means you'll likely have it back by the time they retaliate, the benefit of killing the critters, as well as knowledge of exactly where they're coming from and when. I'm going to sound like a huge hipster saying this, but what everyone uses it for is far less than the uses it actually has.

I'm surprised you brought up Chucho's bomb, because that's actually one of the easier ones to block with humming, I would have argued more about the fact that Raelynn can just teleport out of bomb if chucho doesn't have visor, or just use Iron Rifle since it blocks over half of Chucho's base bomb damage to begin with, I didn't quite consider those when bringing it up, humming blocking bomb would only really make sense if you weren't near a turret anyway or were intending to be aggressive.

I will, however, concede that a lot of these cases are situational, you're far less likely to use rift to chase opponents if said opponents are Frog or Skolldir, and the vision doesn't cover invisible enemies, but being able to deny something like a cocoon, or block a good 400 damage, I don't think it's something worth disregarding entirely.

Also Humming isn't smelly, you take that back! :fist:

The Lord Protector wrote:
The solution to this is having droids that are actually a threat instead of a joke.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 pm 

not to mention her snipe is one of the easiest "skill" shots to hit in the game.
- LArge hit box
- GLows when ur gonna hit a boi
- L O N G range
- literally makes u sandwiches
- tucks u into bed at night and tells u how much a good boi u r
- protects u from dad when he comes home smelling like beer

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I know you, like, super hate Snipe at the moment—I'm not judging: I'd probably cheat on you for Snipe as well—but this is a well-natured discussion about Timerift. More specifically, why people that pick T-800 Dome deserve to lose 70% of their brain real estate for making such a horrible decision in the course of their lives.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am 

Personally, I would have said "Deserve their brain cells commandeered by child protective services as a result of neglecting them."

But I can see that there are no takers for the church of humming, feel free to return once you change your mind.

The Lord Protector wrote:
The solution to this is having droids that are actually a threat instead of a joke.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:00 pm 

I think balance wise raelynn is in a good place but she still needs a nerf to piercing and/or rift.
Having the piercing do full damage 1st target, and half damage all subsequent targets would be a good solution, imo.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:22 am 

Raelynn needs more interesting AA upgrades in general.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: