Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Lets talk about Dizzy.
 Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:54 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
You've agreed with me but with marginally different words.

I'd rather not have a boring, flat, uninspired, tepid, grey, lazy cooldown reduction upgrade. Make it more interesting than -2.5 seconds.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:18 pm 

Dizzy actually has quite high skill requirement. Sure anyone can play Dizzy and just dash around without dying, but to fully contribute to your team, you need more than that. Its not possible for my reaction times and accuracy to land kills the way some L1 Dizzies do. On the other hand, lower level Dizzies are like background noice even for me. They get some chip dmg made, but I barely even notice or pay attention to their existence.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:32 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I'd rather not have a boring, flat, uninspired, tepid, grey, lazy cooldown reduction upgrade. Make it more interesting than -2.5 seconds.

As boring as CDR upgrades are, there's a reason most games stick to them over "if you juggle three 87.3333335612223% full bottles of Mountain Dew on the Great Wall of China during the Ides of March reset your cooldown" upgrades. They work, and are easy to adjust if they become underwhelming or overbearing.
Let's not innovate for the sake of innovation, because that's how we get things like Skree's Ceremonial Mask.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:34 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I'd say Heroes of the Storm hits a relatively sweet spot between the mechanically interesting and the plausable in its talents. They're more complex than basic number changes (in most cases) and offer some level of flavour, but aren't equally ludicrous and nuanced.

Not that I, of all people, am saying to copy something from another MOBA, mind you—it's the inspiration that's worth a study.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:34 pm 

I think Dizzy is one of the most mechanically interesting and fun to play characters. But DAMN her upgrades are boring :derp: Most non-trash upgrades are variations of +damage and -cooldown :shrug:

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 pm 

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm necro-ing this one. Some changes I'd like to see

1.Stunning Dizzy during a dash interrupts the dash. Currently she finishes it which makes no sense she has no i-frames or cc immunity during it.

2.Base dash length reduced by 20% - Dizzy's very mobile and honestly saying cc traps her is very specific to only about 1/3 of the nauts. The others have no real way to stop her dashes. This has been a trend lately with new characters (i think ix was the last character that didn't have across the map escape moves that also initiate which makes the xp system favored towards these characters slightly, but I digress)

3.Change the first dash length increase upgrade to just a flat out 25% increase for all dashes. This would restore the dash length from the above proposal with a 5% length increase overall which is enough to help, but not enough to be annoying. This would help make her top row more competitive as I've never seen someone take the dash range upgrade. Plus this upgrade is really hard to keep track of which dash will be long as it is.

4.This is just a throw out there idea, but increase the cd on bubble and buff the upgrades that reduce the cd slightly so those upgrades are more competitive. The cd's aren't really that large to begin with.

Those are my simple suggestions. Personally I think dizzy's dashes shouldnt function the way they do, but rather should only reload when they are all out (like when leon uncovers from invisibility), but I know people will hate that idea.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 am 

No to all of these except the dash stun, as they kinda butcher her as a character. Also everyone bar a handful of Dizzy players sleep on her cd upgrades, they're actually kinda broken when in tandem together as she can have bombs up every 2 seconds mid fight.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:23 pm 

Not quite sure how these suggestions would butcher her character as she's a combo character at her core. Ronimo just made it so that she also is untouchable like rocket when he came out. She's able to dash a whole screen away as it is, the dash reduction would require her to get an upgrade to make it more effective as an escape move/initiation move (with the latter being affected more as the distance gained from 2 dashes would make her safe from almost everything except other initiating escape moves (which aren't usually saved as they are burst) and snipe. This would let people actually effectively counter her as the only counter right now is hope you have enough ping to surprise her (if she's playing well). Wouldn't be an easy counter as her dashes still make her hard to hit, it just wouldnt be an instant back to safety move at start (think yuris bubble speed upgrade, nibbs fire speed upgrade). As for the upgrade change, it's undeniable that the upgrade sucks. People type lol in general chat if you mention getting the upgrade.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:03 am 

While I agree that she is too slippery, butchering her dash range and then giving her a now mandatory upgrade kills the variety she currently has. So I'd say a small range nerf (<10%) as to not have to then give her a range upgrade. I think her time aa is rather problematic currently though as it's a lot of random damage you have to walk through to even have a chance at her so a nerf to it's duration would be nice, it's currently 2 seconds so maybe 1 second to 1.5 seconds.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:36 pm 

Why does blowfish nozzle even exist anyway? Giving sentry AA to a fast dash character to enable them to area deny, kite and wall off pushes all at once. Why tho?