Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Small changes I'd like to see to Nibbs in 4.7
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 pm 

Man... so much for the point of the thread >_>

I'd at least like a slight attempt to bring us back on track. I'm still glad that they removed the bug that allowed her to fall on the floor for Linux users even if the fix was a little shaky since she stutters a tiny bit now.

Regardless I'd still like to see MALZ replaced with something else, and put on base. If nothing from my OP would make it in I want that at the very least.

Especially since Eternal Flame going back to normal means that she's been made slightly weaker (Which I'm ok with, but it's interesting to note)

Hopefully 4.8 whenever it happens will be a balance patch similar to 4.6. That's really all I want.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm 

I'm probably the one to blame for the fix on nibbbs on 4.7, the fallin bug is ~2-3years old but it is so easy to trigger when you don't want it to happen than I feel it's better to have it gone; Especialy if it's for only one platform (linux)

Same for the fire orb bug, if it should stay it for the balance forum, not the bug forum.

Last edited by REMqb on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:43 am 

Arti wrote:
OK Nibbs nerfs has been in effect for a while now, time for feedback.

Imo, Nibbs used to be a B-tier naut, about as good as rae imo. Now she feels more like C-tier. Wherever you want to place her, feels to me like she lost a whole lot.

Flame burst does not hit as hard anymore and is way harder to use on mobile nauts. Even something like punishing a pushing lonestar is really hard to pull off now that flame doesn't hit instantly from the center. Nauts pretty much have to run into her to get hit by the dot. This is a major nerf without compensation.

As mentioned before there are no more unexpected acrobatics either, moving flame is gone. Arguably a minor nerf, to me she feels way more rigid.

I'm kinda thinking about switching mains, been trying out snork gunk alot but he has his own weird issues.

You talk about embracing unintentional bugs and I fully agree with you that they should be, there's tons of hidden things in this game like that (such as max using scene while firing slow-mo), but asking for compensation on fireballs being fixed is wtf. Eternal flame being bugged just randomly happened - it was a clear bug that needed to be fixed for the sake of balance because we had instant fireballs in the past and it broke nibbs. It wasn't interesting, it wasn't tech, it was just a clear bug that gave her too much power - it just randomly popped up one patch a few months ago, don't assume that's how nibbs is supposed to work from then on. I'd say that nibbs was up there in A tier while she just got a free base 300 damage buff on firebreath.

I don't mind weird usages of mechanics (mastering deadlift lunge to get weird bounce hits, penny knocking people in different directions regardless of where she came from), but I find it odd that such an obscure and minor bug is causing you to question who you play. Nibbs moving a tiny bit during breath hardly had any real applications and you were probably just making sub-optimal plays focusing too much on performing it because it's so damn finnicky to pull off.

Also if you're going to put malz on base I'd fully expect a 10% overall reduction to slow orb. You joke about how malz is a terrible upgrade yet it's just outshined because nibb's other orb options are all so incredibly strong. Having a 40% slow aura in front of your turret at all times that you can't interact with is pretty dumb, and I think it's high time slow orb sees a power reduction because in tandem with the wormhole buff, landing firebreath is made too easy on a lot of characters.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:34 pm 

I'm going to chip in at last. Many games on nibbs despite the fact I haven't been playing her much anymore. I've tried to follow the discussion as well as possible and would like to drop my two cents.

1. The knockback stuff. I think this is actually more useful than harmful. I love using it to get the unexpected drop on people. Or even use it to keep chasing lux but from behind instead of being pushed by him. (to get those last aa hits in.) or using lone's bull to boost myself into enemies or allies whilst teleporting.

2. Malz on base. It's a meme. I've found it of little use except for a few aa build. Or when using it to deter an opponent from going down one route fearing you'll jump out. Often into traps or teammates. Or a better corned for breathe. I'm not opposed. But I would like the cool down not to be reset. But set to something low like 1-2 seconds. That way you can mindgame with a punishment of roughly 3-4 seconds of being out of commission. Whilst also preventing the spam of slow. I also like being able to use it like this to deter aggressive skolldirs and similar nauts from rushing you down. Or attacking a defended turret. The orb can easily offset the throw or punch.

3. I love he idea of frenzy decay. Right now frenzy feels like hit and miss. You need to be lucky for a creep to respawn. To keep it up in certain situations. So being able to fix it at 3.1 instead of loosing it all is a nice idea. Certainly would make running enemies around more fun as nibbs. I'm not opposed to small additions to frenzy either. But i don't know how these could be balanced well. I feel like nibbs aa in general is quite good. If not outclassed by many other aa's luckily her little hitbox helps with that. A tiny bit of hp regen taken out of tarot cards might be interesting. Might require tarot to be even more expensive too. Then again I already feel like 320 is a lot. Especially since you greatly benefit from berries and skroggle to make it consistent. Jacking up the price a lot.

4. Aa changes in general? Buying aa damage early feels like a massive waste except for slightly easier farming. But at 180 for a decent change it's not as straightforward as monkey hand (piercing Rae aa) or exploding bullets on lone. I don't think the damage should be buffed or anything. Maybe made a little less expensive? In some games it feels like if you don't immediately invest in fire you are just a liability for the team until lategame. If you even make it.

5. Even though a bug. Yes. Nerfing eternal flame has made it rather bad. Might as well go for long range heavy burst or shield short burst. As you'll do more damage most of the time. Used to be great to get a few early kills. I do agree the damage was too free. Felt like a straight upgrade. But really helped nibbs get going. Without kills the little dragon is so expensive you might as well stall until you have a decent set of damage upgrades. Slow and pull. Likely berries. Don't forget a lot of newer nauts make nibbs life hard. Smiles is literally enough of a brick that base fire can be waded through to hook you. Thank god for orb I guess. Rocket her hoes away if you don't body block him. Qi-Tara usually eats it except for high speed. This all improves later game. Just feels like a waiting game.

((apologies for mistakes in writing. I'm not good with touch screens.))