Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Voltar
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm 

tbh, you can't buff any aspect of voltar without considering what it would cause afterward.

If you buff its damage upgrades/base damages, he snowballs even harder in case he can make it happen and makes him unapproachable unless you have a comp able to dive him effortlessly (good luck in blind pick).

If you buff its healing, he becomes insanely oppressive because he lowers/negates all poke characters effectiveness while empowering low sustain chars like swig/derlp or chucho/rae.

Slevens wrote:
Pubs get ruined by Voltar because he is a literally snow ball machine where if he gets a kill or two early/his team wipes they can just train through towers and win games in less than 10 minutes. It's by far not his healbot at all, it's his drones honestly. DPS drones take a lil while to get going but when they do it makes Volt one of the hardest chars to 1v1 because of his brainless, aimless damage whereas burst drones do require at least a little bit of aiming.

his entire kit is snowbally as hell if you know his best upgrades.
HoT on AA, chili, AA damage, drone upgrades, bombshell, KB healbot; all appear to be cheap and effective so with just 2/3 kills and 1 tower you're pretty much an insane force (if you don't appear to play against some bs sentry/smiles comp lol).

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:34 pm 

Honestly, #DeWorkVoltar.

I still want old Volt back just with his new healbot lmao.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Honestly, #DeWorkVoltar.

I still want old Volt back just with his new healbot lmao.

Yeah, old Voltar, new healbot, no more money from healing wave and make the old dreams of greed into that strengthen upgrade idea or something. I'd fund that.
Old Voltar needed some other things fixed on his charge AA though, like the charge being useless because it was a really long time for not a particularly good boost to healing and lowering your healing per second. There was also the really wonky exponential charge mechanics of the last versions of old Voltar that should go back to linear charging.
Drone lasers are a maybe could be kept, since they aren't nearly as frustrating as the old bullets randomly firing in the wrong direction and not hitting anything.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:08 pm 

if a rework revert is on plan in any case, you might have to reconsider his old simultaneous drone explosion damage scalling (120 with 30 per weaponised hull stage pre rework).
Same goes for his old AA where he had "base chili", tough it might make him easier to balance with that in mind

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:24 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Old Voltar didn't have base Chili.

That's new Voltar—the one before the current, really-super new Voltar

Old Voltar could heal droids with an AA that pierced everything, dealt no damage, and had a different name.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:27 pm 

If I recall correctly his drone explosion was 360 damage at base and 780 when full upgraded. Personally I don't think that's too high at all when you consider using it left him with hardly any DpS or burst for 12-16 seconds. There was a bug that caused an extra drone to "queue up" after throwing them that has already been fixed since then.
Old AA had a way worse chilli, took 3 seconds instead of 2 to charge and gave you way less healing per second. It could also be stunned out of charging, which reset it, to make it useless a lot of the time (Skolldir dear god why). There was also no HoT on it back then so it wasn't giving people auto healing for 10 seconds.
If old Voltar came back the charge mechanic would need to be majorly buffed if anything.

I wasn't even around when the super old voltar was a thing so I'm just going to pretend he never existed. :)

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
He still exists on the old Wiki because it's not been updated for ages.

The old explosion was indeed 36 at base (now 360), but maxed out at 72, not 78 (4 x 18).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 pm 

I usually get my ass beat trying to run DPS laser Voltar. Opponents off cooldown win the fight, and opponents on cooldown run away (and Volt is too slow to chase). Am I just that bad?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
I usually get my ass beat trying to run DPS laser Voltar. Opponents off cooldown win the fight, and opponents on cooldown run away (and Volt is too slow to chase). Am I just that bad?

:shrug: It's all about map awareness and knowing when you can be in the thick of the fight and how to manage your positioning. That said I get chilli + AA damage when I run it so you have some form of burst and poke.