Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Can lone get a nerf?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:58 pm 

in 80% of matches i join theres a lone there. you know why? cause hes very strong and overpower naut. please nerf him

Post subject: Re: Can lone get a nerf?
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 am 

Unless you want to elaborate on what specifically about him is too powerful and how specifically it should be nerfed, I don't expect this thread to survive moderation.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:16 am 

Lone, Rae, and Voltar are the best pubstomping characters out there, and will not be nerfed. How would top league players get their easy pub solo victories, if those were nerfed? :voltarroll:

On more serious tone, I get it that in premade vs premade they arent so hot, but I have yet to see the day a L1 or high L2 would not win as Lone on Starstorm, even if his team members both are rank 10000. (L2-L3 players) Seriously, I play Clunk and get 10/3, but there is nothing I can do to stop the sole Lonestar doing his 28 000 turret dmg to win the match. Same goes for Rae - if its L1 Rae, L4 L4 members vs L2 L2 L3, its the Rae who wins. Bull and Timerift, those are The Skills which dominate (but also require skill mind you).

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am 

Nerfing pubstompers has little use as they'll just be replaced by another pubstomper.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 am 

Thats mostly true.
I guess it might also just be me being bad against those nauts, or nauts I use bad against those. (especially Clunk) Sentry, Penny, Skolldir, all strong nauts but, one L1 player of those I can handle with rank 1500-2500 team. But L1 Lone? Uhoh. The cooldowns are so fast and pushing so strong, that against us lower L2-L3 players they can dominate the flow of the game to their liking. That said, it requires skill to do so, and its not a free win for them either. But they couldnt solo win like that with most nauts.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:25 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Thats mostly true.
I guess it might also just be me being bad against those nauts, or nauts I use bad against those. (especially Clunk) Sentry, Penny, Skolldir, all strong nauts but, one L1 player of those I can handle with rank 1500-2500 team. But L1 Lone? Uhoh. The cooldowns are so fast and pushing so strong, that against us lower L2-L3 players they can dominate the flow of the game to their liking. That said, it requires skill to do so, and its not a free win for them either. But they couldnt solo win like that with most nauts.

The better lone his abilities save him the harder it is to punish him. You don't need guessing for that. Explode misses completely with a single bull click, counters are the nature of the game.

The chars u named are indeed strong, but if ur in a rank 1000 team with a bit of gamesense VS one L1 and rank 3000 team that never leave turrets, then u can definitely win. Especially cause there are plenty of characters that can be effective with almost no mechanical skill. Teamplay and pushing outweighs one L1 brawler going ham. This is also the nature of the game.

I don't understand what you are trying to say with your last lines. It's not unlikely there is going to be a better solo chars outside of the characters you play. Lonestar has everything necessary to solo win pubs, crammed into one char. He can't be poked out of lane, has a constant cheese push available and bullpins for oneshots. If u go solo and only end up alone in fights VS lone, ur skills will not kill, he heals before your next attempt, your burst skills end up as poke and he continues to control the game. Overall it's mostly his ability to not lose the game to win the game.

But VS double or triple collapse I wouldn't say lonestar does amazing. He saw a lot of play in the 2v2 tournament, but not in 3v3. Lonestar has trouble spacing versus a lot of abilities, and they happen too fast for him. They are lethal when stacked. Lone's two wind up skills with lmited area and damage won't cut it. His pushing and lane presence work great with a pre, but not VS a pre.

It comes down to a classic awesomenauts problem, is it good to nerf one of the best solo pub chars that will also surely nerf his inpopularity in comp further?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 pm 

Gameinsky wrote:
Nerfing pubstompers has little use as they'll just be replaced by another pubstomper.

I don't think that's the point of balance... don't do it because it'll just result in a shift in pub character meta...?

Edit: I'm not saying nerf them solely for being pubstompy, but if they actually *need* nerfs then don't be opposed to it just because someone else will appear stronger in pub games.

Dozenutt wrote:
in 80% of matches i join theres a lone there. you know why? cause hes very strong and overpower naut. please nerf him

A lot of people play lone cause he's a good solo and pub pick, as many here have stated. He does have counters and weaknesses, as does any naut, but he's a lot harder to punish given his skillset. Both his positioning and bull usage / cooldowns play an important role on whether or not you can punish him for pushing or overextending carelessly, but he's by no means overpowered. Bull might be a little too overloaded what with 30% slow for 2.5s, 400+ dps, and additional HP/KB for push or for tanking shots (among other bull builds), but then that's something we'd discuss here in the community rather than a simple label of "he op pls nerf".

Japie also makes really good points in his last two paragraphs; a lot of lone's placements and abilities are difficult to coordinate with teammates against the enemy. Just remember anytime a lone is on your team and they bull the enemy away when they have 1hp (happens more frequently than should); it's difficult for him to work within' his specific areas and do consistent dmg to match other nauts whom have better options (i.e. brawlers). He feels very niche in both pre comps and fighting enemy pres. Finding a good balance of him in both pubs and competitive is the real challenge tbh.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:55 am 

Xelrog wrote:
Unless you want to elaborate on what specifically about him is too powerful and how specifically it should be nerfed, I don't expect this thread to survive moderation.
Gameinsky wrote:

Lone is annoying. That's really about it. Just gotta out-push the Bull cheese. Or kill the Bullman.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.