Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: ALWB: Season 2! (Scoop & Rocco Officially Banned)
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 am 

Be sure to read the Official Announcement here
    For the Official Schedule of Events, click here

It was roughly six months ago that the inaugural season for the Awesomenauts League with Bets was announced. After the success of the first season, it was only a matter of time before I decided to focus on hosting another season. Rather than immediately hosting a second season of equal value, my goal was to improve on the quality of the league and provide the community with an even better tournament.

For the past couple of months there have been a few roadblocks obstructing the progress of the league. However, I can confidently say today that the second season is well on it's way. Within the next few weeks, I will hope to make an announcement in regards to the second season. But in order to provide the community with the highest quality of entertainment, I decided that I should inform you guys on what is to come and ask for suggestions and ideas on how to make it even better!

Below is a list of things that I hope will be present for Season 2:

• Tryouts and qualifiers determine teams
    • Riveting round robin pool play
    • Intense playoff elimination action
    • ALWB Weekend Event
    • Fan voting for All-Star festivities
    • Fan and viewer contests
    • Prizes and prizes galore
    • Fantasy league play
    • Stats, stats, and plenty of stats
    • ...and much more!

Hopefully I will be able to provide you guys with updates along the way - as things are set in stone. But for now, nothing is completely finalized and is subject to change. That being said, I do not want to keep the community in the dark. I want the final product to be something that the entire community can be a part of - not just one side of the community!

Donations are being accepted towards Child's Play throughout the duration of the season and during the #ALWB Weekend Event! Remember to include your username in the comment as there will be incentives* to donate. Help support a great charity by clicking on the image and donating directly!
    *Determined later on, but may include: higher chances of winning prize pack drawings, more betting money, a mention on the website and stream

Last edited by Bets on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:58 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League with Bets: Season 2!
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:21 am 

Oops. Please move this to tournament section. It logged me off and when I logged back in it posted here...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 am 

Where are the benefits

Carl wrote:
This game made me xenophobic. I was buying wine once, I almost bought one then realized it was from Argentina. I grabbed an American wine instead

StarDasher wrote:
This game has made me racist.
I block every single japanese people i encounter.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:34 am 

Can't wait :scoop:

Steam | Twitch | Gelati community

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:43 pm 

Odd time to announce considering the AAC will be going on for the next 12 weeks, but the first season was the best awesomenauts tournament to date at the time.

Already cynical and bitter at life like a dejected old man.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:13 pm 

I'll be honest, I read the title and thought this was some kind of gambling attempt. Then I read the OP's name.

:shady:

Anyways, sounds like fun.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:39 pm 

Let Luigi be a caster :glasses:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:24 pm 

Mowcno wrote:
Odd time to announce considering the AAC will be going on for the next 12 weeks, but the first season was the best awesomenauts tournament to date at the time.

I am hoping that season 2 will turn out to be the best tournament yet again (even if it wont have the prize pool) - but for different reasons of course.

Awesomefest 2 will be completed before this starts, at the very least, so that may give you an indication on when this will be. There were two main reasons to make this thread: to allow the community to provide feedback and allow them to be a part of it before it even begins AND to give me motivation to go through with this now that I made it "official".

Mr. L wrote:
I'll be honest, I read the title and thought this was some kind of gambling attempt. Then I read the OP's name.

:shady:

Anyways, sounds like fun.

This was a common misconception for the first season. But, maybe it wont be a misconception for the second season...

(I gotta keep some secrets :thumb:)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:26 pm 
Adminaut

As requested, I have moved this to the "Playing together and Tournaments" sub-forum :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:36 pm 

This was probably the best tournament to happen to the scene (at the time), and I'm strongly encouraging any and all teams to participate. Bets works really hard to provide the community with some fun and exciting stuff, and if this is promised to be better than season 2 you can be damn sure it's going to be awesome. And besides, who doesn't like stats? :glasses: