Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Patch notes 3.5 Beta 3
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Update 3.5 beta 3
28-2-2017

NEW: Custom Game Presets in mods
You can now share your most awesome Custom Game Presets through Steam Workshop, or include the specific settings that your map should be played with.
-You can add one or more Custom Game Presets to your mod in the modding menu.
-Custom Game Presets are created in the Custom Game lobby, there’s no separate menu for this in the modding section.
-If a mod contains both a map and a Custom Game Preset, then those will automatically both be selected if you select one of them in the Custom Game lobby. Players can then change either if they don’t want to combine them.

NEW: AIs in mods
You can now include AIs in your mods. This let’s you make botpacks, or create crazy maps with custom bot behaviours. You can even make a manager bot that spawns other bots and controls buttons in the map.
-You can now include AIs in mods by saving them in the “Behaviours” folders of your mod.
-Such AIs will appear with “(mod)” in front of their name in the map editor.
-To override the standard bots with your own AI, create AI files with the classname and put them in the Behaviours folder, and then enable “Load modded AIs for bots” in the Custom Game Settings. The filenames need to start with “AIBot” and can have a description after an underscore, for example “AIBotDasher”, “AIBotCowboy” and “AIBotCowboy_defensive”.
-You can also create bots for Team Deathmatch this way.
-Bots can be part of a map, or can be a separate AI-pack. To create a botpack you must include a Custom Game Settings preset with your mod and players will need to select that preset in their match to use your bots.
-You can also attach an additional AI to human players using the extraAIToAddToPlayerCharacters setting in the LevelConfiguration object.
-The old BehavioursCustom folder is not used anymore, as it’s replaced by the above system.

NEW: Tags on mods
You can now add tags to your mods, so that people can more easily find specific types of mods in the Steam Workshop browser. A single mod can have several tags. These are the available tags:
-AI
-Co-op
-Custom Game settings
-Deathmatch
-Feedback wanted
-Funmap
-Map
-MOBA
-Multiplayer
-Requires specific Naut(s)
-Single player
-Texturepack
-Work in progress

NEW: Textures in mods
You can now add custom textures to your mods!
-To add a texture, save it in the Textures folder of your mod.
-Modded textures will appear in the texture browser with “(mod)” in front of their name.
-Only DDS files are supported. Requirements are that they don’t have mipmaps, that the texture resolution is a multiple of 4 and that the texture is saved as DXT1 or DXT5.

NEW in map editor: much more flexible Button object
Button got an overhaul with a lot of new options. Old Buttons still function as expected, and automatically change into the new one on load. New options:
-pressableByTeam[Zero/One/None]
-notPressableWhileTeam[Zero/One/None]OnIt
-minimumCharactersRequired
-maximumCharacterAllowed
-timeRequiredBeforeCountsAsPress
-timeToRemainPressedAfter
-invertOnOff
-Buttons now show a text with their name and current state.

NEW: Replays now support mods
You can now spectate matches that were played with mods, both live and afterwards in a replay.
-You’ll need to set the camera boundaries in the LevelConfiguration object to let replays know where the camera can be.
-Mod replays only work for newly recorded replays.
-If the mod is modified after the replay was recorded, the replay might look odd (but will still work).
-Note that some of the more advanced mod uses might not show up correctly in replays, but the core gameplay and map should all be there.

Map editor: gameplay and objects
-Added new Pickup types: DamageBuff, Speed, Attackspeed, Jumpboost and Shield.
-Added new options to AffectArea: DamageBuff, DamageDebuff and SpeedUp.
-AffectArea can now also give a specific upgrade to a player (like ShamanWallBuff1On). Use this at your own risk: future balance tweaks might change these!
-AffectAreas now automatically get particles to communicate what effect they have (this can be disabled).
-Renamed InstancedPickup to DroppodPickup since that better describes what it is (old InstancedPickup is automatically converted to this on start).
-Removed useless depth, scale and mirror settings from InstancedPickup/DroppodPickup.
-PlayerStartPositions can now be turned on and off by Buttons.
-Death zone is now visualised in the editor using thin red lines. (The death zone kills characters when they go beyond the furthest Obstacles.)
-Can now extend the death zone beyond the furthest Obstacles, using settings in the LevelConfiguration object.
-Fixed that death zone boundaries didn’t update when dragging Obstacles, only when changing their settings (they still don’t shrink during editing though, you need to restart the map for that).
-Added multiple upgrades with “Level” prefix, which are specifically made to work on all characters and can be used by AffectAreas.
-Fixed that glass platforms didn’t correctly react to the existIfArenaWallsDisabled/Enabled setting.

Map editor: UI
-Added a button to cut Obstacles in two.
-Added a button to cut pieces out of Obstacles.
-Added a button for mirroring over the middle of the level (this was already possible with the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M, now it also has a button).
-Fixed that copy/pasting AffectAreas would put them in the wrong position (often far outside the screen).
-Assets Browser now also works for DamageSettings (DamageArea), PickupSetting (Pickup), TurretType (Turret) and Upgrades (AffectArea). AI modders can also use that last one to see what upgrades exist.
-Assets Browser now shows additional info in tooltips when browsing TurretTypes and DamageSettings.
-Greatly improved framerate while using Assets Browser in DirectX.
-Added a little icon to indicate that a text field will open the Assets Browser when clicked.
-Fixed that holding the cursor over the GUI in the AI Debugger (F4) would pause all AIs.
-Camera ranges for replays are now shown in the map editor (through thin yellow lines which are only visible when the grid is enabled or the LevelConfiguration object is selected).

Deadlift
-Protective Pose, can no longer teleport while the shield is active.
-Protective Pose, reintroduce delay before decay, 2 seconds.
-Iron Slam, normal arm remains single target, but deals 100 instead of 130 damage.
-Iron Slam, golden arm now pierces and still deals 130 damage.
-Iron Slam, damage versus turrets reduced from 100% to 75%.
-Power Lunge, slightly increased size to make the aiming visual more consistent with the result of the lunge.
-Allies covered by Protective Pose have an icon above their heads. If they are hit, damage numbers are now shown on Deadlift instead.

Froggy G
-Can't touch this, damage reduction reduced from 40% to 33%.
-Clock necklace, heal over time reduced from 180 to 140.

Genji
-Butterfly Nebula Dust, decreased slow from 20% to 15% per stage.
-Cat Pillar, price reduced from 215 to 185 solar.
-Misfortune Cookies, price reduced 215 to 185 solar.
-Hidden Leaves, price increased from 175 to 195 solar.

Gnaw
-Filled teeth, lifesteal reduced from 25% to 22%.
-Diamond teeth, price reduced from 190 to 160 per stage.
-Chattering teeth, price reduced from 165 to 135 per stage.

Ix
-Overexposed Nature Photo, replaced with 1 second duration increase.
-Psionic Bond, base heal over time increased from 180 to 225 over base duration.
-Broken Solar Tree, price reduced from 185 to 160 solar per stage.
-Refract, no longer breaks an active Psionic Bond.

Jimmy and the LUX5000
-Robo Daddy and Robo Mommy, shield reduced from 20% to 15% per stage.

Ksenia
-Remembrance machine, removed a stage, slow increased from 10% to 15% per stage, price increased from 140 to 165 per stage.
-Virtual Reality Dryer, price reduced from 190 to 160 solar.

Leon
-Tongue Stretcher, range increase reduced from +33% to +26%.
-Tongue Stretcher, price reduced from 155 to 135.

Max Focus
- Fixed that the Don Steward from the Frequent Show upgrade wouldn’t allow you to fire until the original cooldown was finished (even though the cooldown did change visually).
- Scene illumination, range decreased by 15%.

Professor Yoolip
-Pancake 3D printer, price reduced from 160 to 120 per stage.

Rocco
-Base HP increased from 1300 to 1350.
-Cutlet Frills Ghilly Suite, damage increase trigger range decreased by 14% (making it more likely to trigger).
-Little Johnny, merged into one stage of 1s stun duration, price increased to 195 solar.

Sentry
-Microfilm, increased price from 140 to 165 solar per stage.
-Disguise moustache, price reduced from 210 to 180 solar per stage.

Scoop
-Snow Shovel, healing reduced from 115 to 90.

Skølldir
-Oily spray on bronze, attack speed decreased from 75% to 60%.

Vinnie & Spike
-Red bandana, weakening effect reduced from 30% to 25%.
-Rubber mask, health per target reduced from 45 to 40.

Voltar
-Healbot, base health decreased from 300 to 250.
-Suicide Drones, cooldown between shots decreased from 1 to 0.6 seconds.
-Weaponised Hull, damage increase reduced from 19% to 15% per stage.
-Weaponised Hull, price increased from 145 to 160 solar.

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 3.5 Beta 3
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:47 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Yes, finally an Ix buff! Those were exactly the changes I hoped for.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm 

Quote:
-Suicide Drones, cooldown between shots decreased from 1 to 0.6 seconds.
-Weaponised Hull, damage increase reduced from 15% to 13% per stage.
-Weaponised Hull, price increased from 145 to 160 solar.

Finally good changes, but where is the chili bug fix?

Edit :

Quote:
-Hidden Leaves, price increased from 165 to 195 solar.

175* to 195

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:29 pm 

Thank you SO MUCH for all these awesome map editor changes and additions. Seriously I don't think people grasp how gamechanging the editor is for nauts as a whole yet, and I'm guessing making the editor better also helps you guys out on your end too. I think with these latest set of changes I'm able to do mostly everything I want now!

invertOnOff is basically "this button is always on and turns off when pressed" correct? Just making sure I understand this. I also want to ask how the average newb like me goes about creating DDS files or converting online images I find into DDS. https://online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/ would something like this even work?

I have some gripes/suggestions on the editor:
  • Creating lush backgrounds and texturing is still a hell of an annoying process, anything that can be done to make that a bit more manageable would be stellar.
  • Please add timeModifier to AffectArea. I got really giddy at the new SpeedUp but then found out it was just the silver coating yellow arrows effect - I'd really really appreciate a way to use a time modifier as an effect, like how yuri's slowdowns and speedups work.
  • Can we please get endPosition and animationDuration added to some more objects? Being able to create moving objects is a pretty big deal, and there's some I'd really like to be able to move: JumpPad, Animation, Texture, Pickup, AffectArea/DamageArea. Additionally, adding the ability to influence when they move would be fantastic.
  • There are some stationary animations that I could use as textures, and vice versa. An example of this is BB_LVL_6_DM_PLATFORM6 in animations. Seems a bit weird that I have to filter through both animation and texture asset pickers to find a texture I'd like.
  • Add a timer object. The current way of creating map events is very weird and hacky with creeps, and messes up in a real game if the host migrates since the creep disappears. A simple, invisible timer object that can influence something at intervals would be a GODSEND. I imagine properties to be something like timeBeforeFirstTick, timeBetweenTicks, TickDuration and buttonID - this is all we need. Alternatively, you could create a manageable list of map timers or somesuch. Either way, the ability to just influence something at intervals would help with a loooot of stuff.

Thanks a ton for these beta 3 map editor changes though, they're sooooo good. Really appreciate these!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:57 pm 

I'm just throwing things out, some regarding beta changes and others just to leave a feedback on my current impression of the state of the game.

-How should IX's bond be canceld now? The only way to "counter" him was to stun him during his tether and now he can just pop refract. It's just gonna make him even more frustrating to play against.

-For me personally, the oily change makes me wanna quit playing Skolldir, it just doesn't feel fun anymore - I suppose it's better for the sake of "balance", but fun is more important and should be considered when making balance changes. When the xp system went live it also got toned down to 60% and literally everyone wanted it to be reverted. I just can't understand why people asked for the nerfs now. Skolldir is far away from being in a broken and uncounterable state like many other chars, in a lot of situations he has to risk his life to get a throw off and even then theres a chance that people are able to escpape. (No followup means u can throw someone into a turret + hit 3 Stunpunches on top of it and Penny for example still gets away when u have no dmg upgrades.) Missing the throw on the other side basically means an immediate punishment resulting in an unavoidable death for you. Other chars like Penny, Leon, Ksenia, Vinnie can safely engage every time due to their silence and at least Penny and Ksenia barely need any followup to get some kills. I don't wanna compare them too much, since only Leon is a real initiator but why would I pick a char with such a high risk mediocre reward when there are just better low risk with high reward chars right now? So yea, im heavily against any nerfs to Skoll, until cc's become fair and balanced across the board.

-Sentry and Derpl are still the most unfun chars to play against due 1 snare results in ur death and Sentry even has a comparable AOE ability that is way too easy to use and impossible to to get out of it if u don't have BKM. (In other games, a gravity field like that is designed to be an ULT with a 60-100s CD.)

-CC's are the most unfair mechanics in the game, you have to consider rebalancing them around the lowest value possible. Every engage with Silence/Stun/Snare followed up by burst ends up being a retarded instafrag without any counterplay to it. Also, BKM needs to be removed to actually allow fair cc balancing.

-The throwspeed increase on Rae's rift a few patches ago was unnecessary and made it braindead to use. Back in the days you were able to anticipate, if u have the time to go in on her before the rift comes out. That's just entirely gone now, Raelynn can just press the button and it appears immediately making her too safe or completely turning fights around.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:20 pm 

Ix is gonna be scary again. I love it :worship:
I love the design of the extra duration upgrade. It doesn't help his already fairly strong 1v1 ability that much (you usually need to switch before the 3 seconds anyway), but is useful in a teamfight and makes all of his support upgrades much more valuable. It might also push Luxor's Purest Crystal into viability.

I am concerned about his diversity, however. It feels like Ix now has an actual trinity of trinities. All three of his rows might have three mandatory upgrades. I can feel Crystal Leaves/Overexposed Nature Photo/Mammoth Hair Scarf as the best Psionic Bond row, Shredded Mining Permit/Salt Miner/Zork Industries Porta Potty as the best Refract row, and Crystal Crunch/Time-Travelled Diamond/Shrubbery Gems as the best Radiate row. Time will tell if Radiate is more diverse, but I really fear that Bond and Refract are locked now :ixsad:

On another note, I like the Deadlift changes. That should make his shield a bit more impactful in the early game. His AA is going to be even more wet-noodly 1v1, but at least he gains some minor clearing power.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm 

MurlocAggroB wrote:
Shredded Mining Permit/Salt Miner/Zork Industries Porta Potty as the best Refract row

>not taking healing refract :rocco:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 pm 

Neutral_Steve wrote:
MurlocAggroB wrote:
Shredded Mining Permit/Salt Miner/Zork Industries Porta Potty as the best Refract row

>not taking healing refract :rocco:

>Taking heal over any of those three :chucho:
(Heal's not bad, but speed is better. It lets you chase and escape. The heal isn't really enough for sustained combat, so it gets edged out)

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

Yeah, those map editor changes are awesome, finally starting my own little project.

Glad that Voltar was addressed for now without resorting to awkward and clunky gameplay changes, suicide drones at 1s were awful. Reintroducing delay before decay to Protective Pose is also thumbs up in my book.

Another solid update guys.

TheBoyWonder wrote:
CC's are the most unfair mechanics in the game, you have to consider rebalancing them around the lowest value possible. Every engage with Silence/Stun/Snare followed up by burst ends up being a retarded instafrag without any counterplay to it. Also, BKM needs to be removed to actually allow fair cc balancing.

I can agree with that.

┌ᾮ┘ wrote:
Absolutely. This game not only needs more of capable tanks (Deadlift is a really good addition to the cast, we just need to work on his numbers) but also a second look at burst nauts with lots of cc and overloaded kits.

There's really nothing wrong with the burst centered meta (i think it's more interesting than push meta, ideally both worlds should meet halfway) but there's something wrong with the balance of the game when you're giving character both amazing damage and heavy cc that leaves a little room for counterplay. Multirole is fine if you're not crossing some boundaries, because you're removing important aspects of the gameplay that way.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:05 pm 

Anyways, my thoughts on Ix buffs.
-Overexposed Nature Photo, replaced with 1 second duration increase.
I like this buff, giving a bit of duration for displace/damage/heal was a good idea!
-Psionic Bond, base heal over time increased from 180 to 225 over base duration.
Ehhhh, perhaps this buff was a bit too much, maybe a 200 could be enough?
-Broken Solar Tree, price reduced from 185 to 160 solar per stage.
Perfect.
-Refract, no longer breaks an active Psionic Bond.
I have to say, I would like to make Ix unable to displace while refracting, but this buff is really cool, at least it's not so very easy to counter now. :thumb:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next