Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 1
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 am 

Yoolip needs a rework to his abilities, his AA was fine.

If it is going to be changed, though, I'll go ahead and echo everyone else- the AoE is terrible when allied droids eat your AA. Make it pierce instead.

The rest of the buffs will need more testing before I can say anything definitive, but the Scoop buffs really concern me. I don't know who asked for AA buffs for Scoop, but IMO, they were very undeserved.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:46 am 

Some early thoughts on what I've tested:

• Derpl: Swapping the trap's arming time for a cast time is kinda awesome. They feel both resposive for Derpl again, fairer to play against and reduce the power of traps vs melees. The rest is kinda eh, I'm a bit undecided on it. I think this is by far the best iteration of ranged traps we've had, the other versions were unplayable compared to this. I need to think a bit more on this and see if I can get some games against other players in, but my impression of the ranged aspect of trap is that it feels a bit off, but workable if you want to go down this route. However the cast time was a massive improvement alone, and the visual is quite noticable. It's extremely difficult to say if it could work with just the cast time and spawning at the centre, but it's something to think about. Cat changes are fine, but I don't like where fatcat is price wise. You basically need a perfect run on the dropod to get it out of the gate, either make it 5 solar cheaper so it's able to be gotten out of the gate consistently, or 15 solar more expensive to put it out of first buy range. Size nuke is a massive improvement, maybe a little bit too small now.
    x
  • Sentry: I'd revert the range increase from the BHS projectile, and not go as heavy on the size nerf. I love the rest of the BHS changes, but the AoE feels a little too small now, could do with a halfway point. I don't like the projectile range increase because it basically makes him really hard to approach. I feel like nerfs to BHS's zoning potential are being countered by the range increase. It's like he's gone from zoning like a Clunk, to zoning more like a Yoolip with the +range gaze upgrade.
    x
  • Yoolip: I don't really get the idea behind changing his AA to ranged, I mean he doesn't struggle to waveclear with dinos and his zone of control with +range gaze is really strong. I mean I'm not against it, it's just not really solving any issues Yoolip has. Anyhow if your going to keep it, something needs to be done about the ridiculous turret pushing power this change gives him. Yoolip has always been able to create droid trains with the droid heal on his AA and melt turrets with a 100% damage to turrets and strong quark microscope DPS. The thing is, this only used to happen if he was left unattended because as soon as somebody turned up, Yoolip had to leave melee range of the turret and the push ended. Now he can just sit in the face of whoever turns up and keep pushing. If the walk past the turret he can use dinos and gaze to force you back under it, dinos will bounce off of the turret, turning around and melting anybody who tries to walk through them. Previously at melee range of the turret, his abilities had little value as they did not pierce the turret.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:03 am 

Sam! wrote:
-Mammoth scarf on Ix didn't need buffing. It's a very powerful item, just the huge paywall prevents people building it early. Reduce it to like 130 solar but don't increase the slow, 30% slow is stupid.

The slow wasn't buffed though, just the speedup on Ix and his ally when he bonds with one.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 am 

Thanks for the beta: these changes are quite interesting!
I agree almost everything with guys said, but still, my observations:

Dizzy
- There is no need in 5 seconds dash recharging time. The problem was in the upgrade, now it's gone (a different mechanic to my surprise. Yet not sured for good or worse).
- Dungarees. In my opinion 3s is too much (especially in the crowds - one person hit is a success already). Water clones are easy to land, they deal medium damage and normal CD - 7s. Giving Dizzy another recharge speed upgrade (she had three already) will turn her into the spam-machine. +15% size upgrade isn't even close that good if you ask me. Let's start with 1.5s and see what happens next. Otherwise that would be another Smiles whipping everything with his tail every 4 seconds.

Yoolip
- Not sure if he ever needed a ranged aa. His close combat on aa had reasons as his wrench can be tuned to amplify, mark enemy droids for HP drops and heal allied droids. These utilities are too useful to be applied for free from a distance. Amplify on ranged aa? Really? Who's that - a new Penny with infinite charges? Tell me this is a joke.
Well you can give him a pierce, remove amplify, polish the balance and so on - but the initial pulse of this change is out of my comprehension.
Quote:
Yoolip: I don't really get the idea behind changing his AA to ranged, I mean he doesn't struggle to waveclear with dinos and his zone of control with +range gaze is really strong. I mean I'm not against it, it's just not really solving any issues Yoolip has. Anyhow if your going to keep it, something needs to be done about the ridiculous turret pushing power this change gives him. Yoolip has always been able to create droid trains with the droid heal on his AA and melt turrets with a 100% damage to turrets and strong quark microscope DPS. The thing is, this only used to happen if he was left unattended because as soon as somebody turned up, Yoolip had to leave melee range of the turret and the push ended. Now he can just sit in the face of whoever turns up and keep pushing. If the walk past the turret he can use dinos and gaze to force you back under it, dinos will bounce off of the turret, turning around and melting anybody who tries to walk through them. Previously at melee range of the turret, his abilities had little value as they did not pierce the turret.

That was posted just before I pressed a submit button, so we are mostly talking about the same things :/

Qi’Tara
Golden, as it was already said before! A shield mechanic on Salty Seal is much more better than cleanse you mentioned before.
- Still, I would ask you to experiment with numbers. 100hp is literally nothing. Rae's shield provides 225hp for example. You could say "well yes, but Rae stands still and she's not an assassin, that's fair". Until you realize that 100hp is TWO bullets from almost every aa in the game and three bullets from Derpl's turret. I believe the weakest burst damage skill in the game is Smile's Hook - it deals 100hp damage. And still - it's enough to crack this shield in no time. Rae's rift will damage it by itself, so there's a chance with the help of only one bullet Qi’Tara stucks in the middle of a dangerous situation. Rare Sentry would not accompany his black hole with his mines and so forth.
In current state Salty Seal is almost always defensive. There's no way Qi’Tara would storm the gate with such unreliable thing, in that case Chakram serves better. And if I were an escaping Qi’Tara, I would rather prefer extra speed - it has both offensive and defense use and works just fine in almost any situation.
TLDR: please make shield at least 200hp. It's still easy to deal with it, but not that easy you don't even notice it by shooting randomly with aa.

Raelynn
- That was said before, no need in additional range.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 am 

I went into the beta, and it appears Skree's saw blade still does DoT based damage. So a fix would be nice, ok thanks.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:02 am 

yoolip is silly

Last edited by stev on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Can we please standardise the measuring system already, Romimo?

Otherwise this happens:
stev wrote:
incase anyone was wondering, when they say increase/decrease size of dizzy AA, BHS, etc. they are referring to the radius value

As far as I am aware, and as far as I understood of the diagram that was floating around years ago:

Radius = radius

Size = diameter

Width = size in circles, else width of the hitbox

Height = height of the hitbox (unused for circles as far as I have seen)

A "Ronimetre" = approximately* 1.47cm on a 1920 x 1080 display.

It is so needlessly confusing that I'm getting close to going through every item decription and rewriting them all in a massive thread.

Please also stop describing circles as having "range" instead of with a measure of their radii. I don't want to know that Healbot has 10 range because that measurement is meaningless. Healbot might as well have seven eggs for all that helps, or 22.517442 units of "thing". Give its radius as a simple value that has some exact, related value in game; base it off Lonestar being exactly one "unit" wide in his hitbox or something.

* Based off original measurements of Snipe's range that have unhelpfully changed recently.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am 

Hello, Ronimo, the creator and killer of Derpl.

Derpl

All your derpl changes doesn't solve the main problem with passive Derpl playstyle. He still will be too good vs melee chars and has too much turret pressure and area control. BUT this nerfs will kill active playstyle. Just why did you decided to nerf mobility for 3nd slowest char in game?

-Siege mode, Derpl is no longer immune to CC during the transformation out of siege mode.
-Siege mode, gravity and maximum fall speed reduced by 20%.
-Trap, Derpl is slowed by 50% while deploying the trap.

Especially for slowing during deployment of traps. Now Derpl feels like some kind of Yooolip with it self snare.

You have made rework for Sentry or Q'tara, but why we have only blind nerfes for Derpl? Now he will be even more counterplayed by any CC and harassment camps, his AA still awful, lategame unplayable.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 am 

it really feels like youre just throwin * at the wall for derpl and seeing what works for nerfs. i dont really care tho personally since derpl is aids.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:53 pm 

Monkey Hand will only be useful if it also increases the bullet speed

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere