Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 1
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Answering Machine attackspeed doesn't work any more.

New Yoolip AA is a mess, feels like a nerf as the huge deadzones and mediocre range isn't a big enough tradeoff for the hard nerfing of his amp and noticeable DPS nerf. I'd rather you change Dinos honestly, they've been a huge factor for Yoolip's polarizing performance. If we keep this ranged AA he needs upward/downward aiming. Even if you add some invisible "weapon" node to him to rotate with his aim so he can fling gears up and down it'd be swell.

Could new Head in Jar just be attackspeed instead? It'd be a lot easier to describe in the tooltip and would just feel better than an invisible damage increase. Double Rocket's knockback value is overnerfed as well, could do with an increase given you're getting like zero damage out of using both rockets due to the new mechanic.

I agree with the attack speed change, also if this consume mechanic is going through the self-kb reduction on Nuke Bug should eb removed

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 am 

As someone who literally only plays as Rae I'm glad to see she isn't being ignored :raehands:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:37 am 

What if we make head in a jar even wackier.

-Slight self-knockback when at 3 rockets
-Refill 2 rockets when deploying laser trap or using rocket launch
-Increase damage after laser trap or rocket launch
-All your enemies turn into Yuri
-When laser trap is active you shoot 20% faster (so you can dps while trap and burst while it's not)
-Rocket launch cooldown reduced by 0.1s per rocket hit
-Getting a win as rocket automatically sends the other team an EZ every minute for 4 hours.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm 
Adminaut

Sawblade is still a DoT it seems? Really looking forward to testing out Dual Saw again once it is properly flat though.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm 

I know nothing about balance, but from a gameplay perspective, the Rocket Laser Trap positioning change just feels unfun and unintuitive. The entire point of Rocket is to be able to do damage from a distance; he is a ranged character. This change contradicts this playstyle.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 pm 

please revert the Yoolip changes. unnecessary, and you're killing a fun melee character.

BHS range buff is unwarranted too.

Monkey Paw is going to make annoying raes more annoying, but it's range is pretty awesome/tempting as an upgrade

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 am 

anyone who says yoolip's AA has 0 aoe is lying btw

and making skree's sawblade not DoT is a very, very bad decision... (inb4 banned by fish)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 am 
Adminaut

stev wrote:
(inb4 banned by fish)

Being wrong isn't against the rules.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am 

Right first off I want to congratulate Ronimo for actually bug testing the beta before releasing it, it really shows. Most of my complaints for a change are balance problems, which is how it should be. Anyhow there are 4 pretty major bugs I found:
-Sieging during the trap animation cancels the trap/makes it spawn at your feet
-Dizzy is randomly gaining charges with walkbot pro still. I wish I could be more specific but I cba to figure this one out.
-Dizzy's clone slows people who walk through it when it's arming (unupgraded).
-Dizzy's dash will randomly cast itself again after dashing. Ie I use dash then 0.4sec later Dizzy dashs again without me using dash. Again I wish I could be more specific but I'm just not feeling like doing a full bug test of the beta rn.

As for balance, this is the bigger problem:
  • Dizzy: Fairly weak in the beta, has been overnerfered a fair bit. The dash CD increase paired with the walkbot pro change is what really hurts, a huge amount of her power was frontloaded in having a near endless supply of dashs, which has been near enough removed. Imo I wouldn't revert it since it's really crap to play against, but I would give her a bit more power elsewhere in return. Inparticularly, a good number of her dash upgrades suck, her AA upgrades are still weak (bar graffiti artist), and her clone dmg is a bit low imo (particularly the dmg upgrade). Also idk if she needed the 10dmg buff to dash dmg, I'd rather see her buffed elsewhere.
  • Derpl: Already covered him a few times already, but I stand by what I said in my last post, and would probably go for option 2. The only thing I would like to see is a 2.4sec slow for 20-25% added to traps. Ie they snare for 1.2sec then slow for 1.2sec at base and snare for 1.6sec then slow for 0.8sec with the upgrade. It would give base traps a bit more BKM resiliance.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:36 am 

I really don't think being able to chain your AA with your primary burst skill as rocket should be considered OP. If you're brawling or in a team fight, it still has to reload every time you shoot it..I think increasing the charge time is far more efficient. and still makes rocket fun to play. That way you're nerfing rocket in a way that simply raises his skill ceiling instead of killing his play style. And I really don't like saying this...believe me...but I feel like some balance suggestions come from people who, instead of admitting their own fault, are blaming the game. Losing your AA charge when using a skill..will ultimately change the way rocket is played for the worse.
This is why I hardly ever see QiTara despite how stupidly good she is. She really isn't that fun to play...you deal loads of damage by simply maintaining contact with your opponent during the duration of your skill...walk away and hope they die. Chukrams is a pretty cool skill though.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next