Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Ideas to make Snork more unique
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm 

Discussed with a friend on what kind of changes Snork should see to seperate his hook from Swiggens since as of now it's a carbon copy which doesn't present too many new options to the player. As a result we decided that perhaps the best alternative to something like hook would be to pull inspiration from another game: Battlerite's chaos grip on Ezmo
this skill pulls or pushes enemies to the center of the max range meaning it's either a pull or knockback based on distance. We felt that this would fit with how Snork plays rather well while also making his orbs better for positioning based damage

Well that's the rework idea out of the way now for the balance changes that would need to happen for this to be the case, and some changes to his upgrades to make them a little more interesting.

Sticky Snail
-Sticky Snail no longer has I-frames
-Snork Gunk no longer pulls himself towards enemies with Sticky Snail.
Sticky Snail now pulls or pushes enemies to a set distance away from him (.3 sec mini-stun). Snork retains the ability to pull himself towards walls.
-Sticky Snail CD increased to 8 seconds
-Broken Speed Limiter CD effect reduced from 1 second to .75 seconds
-Season Ticket '35 effect reworked into Snork Gunk emits a knockback pulse after pulling yourself towards terrain (With a size similar to deployment pads on Derpl) price changed to 165 solar

Shell Bombs
-Shell explosion damage decreased by 75 each
-Discoclam shells reworked into Snork Gunk now heals nearby allies after all orbs disappear (Similar size to Scoop bindings). Heal starts at 50.Heal amount increases by 50 for each shell that exploded on enemy Awesomenauts (Still 2 staged)

Conch Dunk
-Action Gloves damage bonus reduced to 90% also now only activates when orbs hit enemy Awesomenauts.
-Walkie Talkie reworked into Increase the damage of Conch Dunk by 25% price changed to 300 solar
or
-Walkie Talkie reworked into after hitting an enemy Awesomenaut with Sticky Snail you next 2 autoattacks are ranged (He has a freaking pistol. I'd say make it similar to a lonestar bullet in speed and velocity)

Post subject: Re: Ideas to make Snork more unique
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 am 

Idk I think that ability will just make for a cheesy 1-2 combo plus knockback works too inconsistently in the game

I was just thinking about his existing skills. It might play out pretty interestingly if his Melee damage vs nauts isn't great. If he pulls into a naut and activates his shell bombs, I could imagine a fun dance where you actually want to hug his face while you wait for the orbs to timeout. Definitely sounds like an interaction the game doesn't exactly have right now

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Definitely some cool ideas. We tried a version with a softer AOE enemy pull on a line combined with pulling yourself to walls.

Unfortunately the softer pull felt too unpredictable and the combination with pulling yourself to walls messed a lot with people who missed their target.

I liked the flexibility and how different it felt, but it definitely wasn't as user friendly and felt flaky.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm 

Maybe he soudnt have the option to pull to walls than. I feel like snork would be way cooler as a mid range brawler/harasser than someone that jumps into a team. Maybe reword the knockback pulse on terain grab into a get movement speed if you hit a naut upgrade instead.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm 

I just want to dump my idea.

How about making his right click a long-ranged projectile that ricochets off of walls, turrets and platforms, and explodes at max range/on contact with a target, knocking them back in the direction they were hit from.

You could possibly add a charge mechanic, but it should be made so if it is charged long enough, it passes through platforms instead of bouncing off of them.

It fits his conchBALL theme (I think. I don't know what conchball even looks like), gives him a way to bring people into his middle click and takes skill to pull off successfully.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
That sounds quite like Ball Lightning but with ricochet instead of pierce.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm 

What if snork and the target were both pulled towards each other upon a successful hit, colliding in the middle of the path? Kinda like Nautilus from League of Legends (at least I think that's what his name was... been a while)

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:03 pm 

rpvarela wrote:
What if snork and the target were both pulled towards each other upon a successful hit, colliding in the middle of the path? Kinda like Nautilus from League of Legends (at least I think that's what his name was... been a while)

doesn't realy fit the kit and the naut imo

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:17 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Given that Nautilus' Dredge Line can also be used to pull him to terrain, it wouldn't be "kinda like" so much as it would be "identical to".

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:07 pm 

Linn wrote:
doesn't realy fit the kit and the naut imo

Why? Not saying you're wrong, but what makes you say that?

The Lord Protector wrote:
Given that Nautilus' Dredge Line can also be used to pull him to terrain, it wouldn't be "kinda like" so much as it would be "identical to".

Like I said, it's been a while. Still, I don't really see a problem in it being identical. I mean, it'd still be unique in Awesomenauts.
It would set it apart more than the current version which is too much like Anchor Hook.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality