Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers II

Post subject: My thoughts on the online state of swords & soldiers (Linn)
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm 

I am Linn. I am currently rank 5 in swords & soldiers and after playing for a few weeks i'd like to give my thoughts on the online multiplayer for S&SII.

Meta
The meta started in the beta with Genierush dominating every other strategie. This got nerfed after a while in the form of tigerleap being worse on Genie. My own spin on the Genierush i call Towerrush than became the dominant strategie and i would beat almost anything using it. A patch nerfed the way cannons function and made the cannons slower to fire. Alhough a good nerf it wasn't enough to stop the rush because you can still kill workers with it. Genie rushing became so dominant that people quickly tried new things to stop it. This spawned a new meta where people would pick demons and rush the Siege troll alongside the kobald trapper which is currently the only counter to Genie. I think this strategie will get a counter someday and that counter will be countered by Genie rush making the game a rock paper siccors game.

Vikings

Berserker: This unit has amazing balance and should not be touched right now

Axethrower:This unit has amazing balance and should not be touched right now

Electric elder: this unit has amazing balance and should not be touched right now

Helga: Helga is a great hero unit with a amazing special ability. In a friendly match between me and Devmon i discovered that Helga also speeds up buildingspeed and mana regeneration from mana runes. Helga also speeds up a enemy corpse explode which might be a bug. For the buildingspeed and buildingproduce speedup i'd like to see this made into a real thing and keeping it in the game. It is fun to use and did not see overpowered when i used it.

Manarune: This tower should recieve no changes

Guardtower: This tower is realy good but useless versus vikings

Frozen mjollnir: this spell is good in its curent state

Freya's blessing: This spell could use more cooldown between uses.

Thor's lightning: this spell is good in its curent state ( love the combo with sheep)

Polymorph: This spell is good in its curent state ( love the combo with lightning)

Ball of sheep: This spell is awesome and a nice finisher (love that it spawns sheep you can lightning)

Snowstorm: Powerfull spell that is underused. It should not be changed.

ol larry's rampage: this is the weakest spell in the game for its cost and power. It should get a minor damage buff

Demons

Goblin Spearthrower: This unit has amazing balance and should not be touched right now.

Barrelrider: This unit should not be touched. players haven't discovered its real power yet.

Naga: This unit is power overloaded. Fits in amazing with the weaker units demons have.

Siege Troll: A player should be able to cancel a atack using the throw trait.

Bomb Tower: This building could be a little cheaper to build. 160 --> 150

Crypt: This tower should recieve no changes.

Demonic Portal: This tower should recieve no changes.

Kobold Trapper: This spell should currently not be changed but we should keep a close eye on it.

Call to arms: Workers should keep there gold bags they had when turning off call to arms.

Soul harvest: This does not spawn a skeleton sometimes when using on a unit thats about to take the final blow.

Ooga Booga: Feared enemy units should not be able to walk trough friendly defences (this will buff bomb tower).

Corpse Explode: This spell is good in its curent state.

Ragnarok: This should do less damage to the enemy base.

Persians

Alchemy: This upgrade is good in its curent state.

Shamshir Soldier: Should get a longer cooldown between creation.

Desert Stalker: This unit should not be changed.

Sandwitch: This unit should not be changed.

Fakir: This units slow should get a nerf. Fakir is useless versus the vikings because of lightning and realy good versus demons. 1 Fakir can kill 10 spearthrowers if not spaced well. its good versus persians aswel.

Genie: This unit should lose the wish after it being interupted, Like getting Polymorphed or Ooga Booga'd.

Gate: this tower should recieve no changes.

Djinn Cannon: Should get a range from the point of the furthest tower (and the furthest in the back).

Djinn: This unit should get minor health reduction and should lose vision instantly upon death.

Tigerleap: This spell should not let targets dash trough buildings.

Shield of Reflection: This spell should not reflect the bomb tower explosion.

Mirage: This spell is good in its curent state.

Bribe: This spell has not been used enough to know its power.

Dance of Daggers: This spell should not get the cooldown reduction from wish. This spell also bugged in a game versus Devmon where Devmon got stuck in the super spell screen and got out of it because i used the spell again.

Superunits

Superunits: should take longer to research and should have a longer time between recreating.

Map

Pickups: Pickups should be the same resource on both sides of the map to avoid RNG being a factor.

Thanks for reading.

Post subject: Re: My thoughts on the online state of swords & soldiers (Li
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:42 am 
Adminaut

Everything I agree with here at the moment.

Champion of ducks. Swiggins main.

Post subject: Re: My thoughts on the online state of swords & soldiers (Li
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:52 am 

So, I agree on everything except that Crypt REALLY needs to be replaced by Necromancer. I find myself NEVER using Bomb Towers because I need the skeletons, as well as portals. Plus, Demons already have 2 different types of structures like Vikings and Persians have

Also, Master Chef should be somewhere in Vikings' tech tree :D

Persians have 4 units (aside from Genie), but Vikings and Demons only have 3. Puts them at a decided disadvantage. Add Necromancer and Master Chef, problem solved!

LASTLY! All factions should have the STOP banner from the get-go and shouldn't cost money. That will add a lot more strategy!

I wish more people played on PS4 :( I've waited for upwards of a half hour during the day today and yesterday (east coast).

Add me: mdyer2