Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.0)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 am 

Luckytime wrote:
I just got feedback from someone that they see the background as green, so it seems to be working for some people but not others? :huh:

EDIT: I got more reports of all the textures loading correctly. So it's not likely something I can control.

I do play on all the lowest settings cause my pc is a potato, I'll load it up and tell you if it's working.

More edits: Setting everything to high makes it work, but I drop from 30 to around 12 fps.

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.0)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
I do play on all the lowest settings cause my pc is a potato, I'll load it up and tell you if it's working.

More edits: Setting everything to high makes it work, but I drop from 30 to around 12 fps.

Everything makes sense now :ix:

So that's a whole other can of worms that I haven't even considered yet. Low texture settings and deathmatch arena are both things I don't want to worry about right now. It would require a lot of research into how Ronimo handles it and I already have enough on my plate. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention and for the screenshots as well, I was losing my mind trying to figure out what was going on. It only seems to affect the background though, that's interesting.

I took your and others' feedback and turned them into a few changes. Hotfix 4.1 is live now!

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.1)
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 am 

fyi, if you didnt know, most animations and textures can be set to override low graphics settings. until/if you do make low quality alternates

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.1)
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 am 

stev wrote:
fyi, if you didnt know, most animations and textures can be set to override low graphics settings. until/if you do make low quality alternates

I tried to figure this out by myself with no success. I'm not too worried about it though since playing a game with a sub-standard machine is a nightmarish experience regardless. I've switched to 720p to avoid dropping frames and I have a decent computer myself so I'm just going to put that issue aside until someone decides to tell me how to fix it.

In other news, I've been working on the art and I feel bad for letting this thread dry up so here's an update. This is how I handle large sections of art. First, I stitch together screenshots from the map in Photoshop, then I draw over the landmasses and, if necessary, break up the larger sections into pieces that still follow the multiples of 4 rule. This way, if I ever want to touch up one or more parts, I still have a guide to follow and I don't have to re-cut the pieces each and every time.

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v4.2)
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:22 am 

I'm currently still working on new art and redesigning old art. I wasn't happy with some of the textures I created so they got remixed with newer designs. Here's an almost complete section of the level that might look familiar.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:03 pm 

There are a lot of failed attempts when trying to come up with something palatable, in the bottom left you can see some of those attempts. However, these are still useful because they provide a bar to improve upon.
I leave them on the page to act as a reference for what not to do.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 am 

Made some progress today. There's a learning curve with putting down just the right amount of objects on each parallax layer, but it's been fun trying to figure it out.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:31 am 

Happy little trees. Made good progress during Independence Day weekend. I'm upscaling some of the textures I already made so they can look good in-game. It's also a good idea to do that in case I want to scale some of them up in the editor so they don't look like a pixelated blob.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 am 

you're very talented Image

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am 

kathy wrote:
you're very talented Image

You've very sweet :ayla:

Coming back to this project with a new mindset: do a little each day. I'm going to try to aim for end of the year to get this one done. Don't let me let you down now!