Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:18 am 

Does that change apply to the base as well? Just lost a 30 minute 2v3 game because skreebot kept pushing even though our base was under attack for over 20 seconds. Skree didn't teleport back but proceeded to clear bots near mid and then attempt a turret push.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm 

Another update just went up: fixed a few bugs I noticed while testing, plus touched up the tower defense logic a little.

lostsmu wrote:
Does that change apply to the base as well? Just lost a 30 minute 2v3 game because skreebot kept pushing even though our base was under attack for over 20 seconds. Skree didn't teleport back but proceeded to clear bots near mid and then attempt a turret push.

Yes. If his base is under attack, he will drop whatever he is doing and go defend it.

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:56 pm 

Joost wrote:
Really awesome to see you're back, Veanko!

Are you aware that you can now publish your bots as a modpack? That will make it much easier for others to test your bots and they'll always have the latest version of your work.

I hope some people will be willing to try out your latest bot updates and post whether they're doing well, since we'd love to update the existing bots. :)

it might make it easier to test bots, but it probably won't increase the the number of people testing them AND give feedback anyway. Joost I think you guys should consider the possibility to update veankos bots without big testing this time. Do a few internal rounds and then just upgrade them if you don't find big issues. We're in a live BETA after all so i think this wouldn't be the worst time to do that before all the new players come in and if there's a huge problem with one of the bots you can just revert it in a hotfix.
From what i'm reading here it could already be a huge improvement since a lot of things are being addressed in general ai that players complain about a lot. Also there are specific "fixes" like adapting to leons new stealth behavior as well. Like veanko said this was the update that was meant to get in game A YEAR AGO. So even if it's not perfect for the current upgrade changes its still a lot better then what we have... If it was a new bot creator i would say yes, we should test it extensively, but since veankos work has always been solid i say just put it live...

On a side note: Veanko there is a problem with your Lonestar bot. I was playing some co-op versus bots games and in 2 of those games i saw the blue Lonestar bot getting stuck in the top hiding area on Aiguillion. Both times he was jumping loops in the right corner of the hiding area and it seemed he couldn't get out. Probably would be fixed with the new update:

Veanko wrote:
-If the bot is in or was in a named area called "CORNER_STUCK" in the past 1.5 seconds, jumping will be disabled (well, mostly. It really only disables jumps caused from waypoint navigation)
-Fixed issue that caused bots to jump when they wanted to go down

Thanks for still updating btw :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:26 pm 

I would like to quickly mention though that the new bots don't work very well on Starstorm. This is because the waypoints to the turrets are messed up: the waypoints to the front turrets are where the back turrets are, so when the front turrets are being attacked the bots will defend the back ones, and there are no waypoints to the back turrets, so whenever the back turrets are under attack the bots will go AFK as they are trying to get to a waypoint that doesn't exist.

If ronimo decides to update them (which obviously I hope they do, the main reason I even updated them in the first place was because it was too painful to see bots not defend their towers in coop vs bots) I would recommend they sort that out first. Or just disable Starstorm from the coop vs bots queue.