Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am 

It actually would be possible to do what daman said, with counters and such, tho it would be quite tricky.

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:44 am 

FlawlessHair wrote:
If you're right in front of him, yes, but he cannot determine if his saw is behind him. He could've fired his saw, and then turned around and bam, there you are! But on the wrong side. Then he'd recall it, but it wouldn't do anything.

Sure you can. At the moment you fire sawblade, check if you're facing towards the enemy base and if the target is in front of or behind you. Store this information in a variable. While the sawblade is out keep track of the direction towards the enemy base, and the direction of the target. Have Skree behave appropriately.

It's still not perfect (also, assuming you have no way to search for the sawblade, breaks if skree moves past the sawblade) but should work, more or less, for enough situations to fool the casual observer.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Congratulations on getting this bot added to the beta for patch 2.6! :party: I'll also send you a PM about the next steps to get the bot into the final patch. Bots that turn out problematic might still be removed, so this is not the final victory yet!

Your Skree did very well. We only have two comments: pulling back of his Saw is not always timed very well, but he does quite good nevertheless. He also doesn't seem to react to Lonestar's Bull as well as he could. Both of these are not big dramas though, just points where improvements might be possible.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 pm 

Hey, not sure if you've seen this personally, but I'd like to mention that Skree gets caught when leaving spawn on AI 205 (at least that's the only place I've seen it happen). I don't know how the loop starts, but apparently:
[*]He went downward out of spawn
[*]He goes back and jumps up
[*]He hovers in air for a second, trying to move right to reach the upper exit
[*]He lets go of hover and falls, restarting the loop

He escaped this eventually (not sure how, I stopped watching after a minute [maybe he broke the loop to buy?]) but this could have a negative gameplay impact if it were to occur for an entire match.

Now that that's out of the way, I should mention he's a total beast when I face him on the battlefield, so good work on that part!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:59 pm 

that bug has been fixed internally. not sure when i will update him but it should be this week hopefully.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 pm 

Updated. will no longer get stuck at base on AI Station 205 plus a few other things. you can see those few other things here. all of my other bots have also been updated.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I just went through all the Call to arms (Post all BETA 3 issues here) thread and collected all the AI feedback.

General feedback:
Bots in general are incredibly reckless when attacking the base. Its very rare for them to retreat as it seems they put damaging the base at a higher priority than their own survival it seems.
Some bots seem to ignore the droid spawners on AI 205.

Bot specific feedback:
none

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 pm 

Your bot is insane. It just pushes twices as good as any player.

Often when playing against him I have to teleport back right after coming from base as he deals so much damage. He probably has now the rank that lvl 40 clunk bot had before.

Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:52 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Your bot still contains a reference to CreepRoshan. This has been renamed to CreepSolarboss. I have temporarily fixed this myself now, but could you fix this in your bot to avoid issues in future updates?

Post subject: Re: [IN-GAME] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm 

Skree has been updated, here are the notes:

General:

-Improved ability to push towers
-Improved ability to dodge projectiles
-Will now retreat from Scoops who are healing
-Will now retreat from Nibbs if she is FUS RO DAH'ing.

Skree:

-Will now recall his sawblade in some situations
-Now buys Starstorm Statue instead of Space Air Max
-Removed all references to CreepRoshan

I finally got round to making him recall sawblade after all this time :sleep: