Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Penny Fox - FoxAI v1.5 old [CLOSED]
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:55 pm 

Penny Fox - ValkyrieFoxAI v 1.5

NOTE: This is no longer the most recent version of my bot. If you'd like to see and test the final submission, please go here: PENNY FOX v2.0

This is it. I'm ready to submit my hard work. :GnawShock:

Notes:
I kept cheats on her because I felt that the consistency was necessary since most other bots will have them as well. She doesn't cheat any more than the current bots.
She scales with difficulty.
In my opinion, she is fun. :party:
She uses a fixed build, which will be updated shortly on the thread mentioned below.
I just now added a hotfix that should have been added when this thread got made. Error on my part. New download is live.

Download it HERE:
[PENNY FOX v1.5]

One can find older versions of the bot on my bot thread. It is here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30698

This bot uses a much modified form of Pirate-rob's GeneralAI.
Uses a bit of logic based on Veanko's find on stuck bots.
Thanks to all of Awesomemods group for their help!

Infinite thanks to Ronimo, who continues to listen to their fans and give us tools and opportunities to stay involved in the game. Being so close to your fanbase is more than most developers can even think to say for themselves.

Please leave your feedback!

Joost wrote:
:shrug:

Last edited by LordValkyrie on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Penny Fox - ValkyrieFoxAI
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:07 am 
Ronimo Team Member

LordValkyrie wrote:
Infinite thanks to Ronimo, who continues to listen to their fans and give us tools and opportunities to stay involved in the game. Being so close to your fanbase is more than most developers can even think to say for themselves.

:kiss:

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Penny Fox - FoxAI
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 pm 

Tested a few matches with her. Overall she's a really fun bot, smart enough to escape when hurt instead of constantly melee-ing and can initiate with pounce quite well. She can also be a scary opponent late game, too.

Plus, she teamworm'd a Froggy last match I played with her. Points from me for that. :thumb:

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Penny Fox - ValkyrieFoxAI
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm 

Joost wrote:

AlabamaLambJam wrote:
Tested a few matches with her. Overall she's a really fun bot, smart enough to escape when hurt instead of constantly melee-ing and can initiate with pounce quite well. She can also be a scary opponent late game, too.

Plus, she teamworm'd a Froggy last match I played with her. Points from me for that. :thumb:

The main issue I have with her is jumping too much or not enough, since she is Foxy, she has many jumps to manage. I was hoping that wouldn't be much of a problem when others test it. Maybe I'm just nitpicky :shrug:

Joost wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 pm 

I support this bot. Can't see any major issues, and it plays better than the existing bots.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:22 pm 

One thing I noticed while testing is that when I initiated on her near one of my turrets she dashed right into it. Can't see any issues apart from that though.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:05 pm 

sorry, but i do not support a bot that's being barely touched by people currently
we've barely scratched the surface on how to play fox, so i'm not ready for a bot yet

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 am 

Dr. DaMan wrote:
sorry, but i do not support a bot that's being barely touched by people currently
we've barely scratched the surface on how to play fox, so i'm not ready for a bot yet

Gotta disagree with you there. There's quite a bit of talk about her playstyle and several ways of playing her. Also, do bots really need to stick to a user-created pro-level meta to be a good bot? No. It's a bot, a placeholder that is supposed to perform decently.

Joost wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 am 

LordValkyrie wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:

Gotta disagree with you there. There's quite a bit of talk about her playstyle and several ways of playing her. Also, do bots really need to stick to a user-created pro-level meta to be a good bot? No. It's a bot, a placeholder that is supposed to perform decently.

should this become a placeholder, i'd advise you to not have her purchase pulse until later in the game. pulse should be purchased pretty late into the game. it wastes a lot of charges that would've helped it contribute. whenever i see her pulse, it usually hits nothing.
there isn't an established meta for her right now, but the current playstyle of most penny's is wrong right now

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:02 am 

You seem to have not spent much time in this corner of the forums. We're not going with a meta master build order straight from the APL that's supposed to be the next best thing. Honestly, with how bots tend to behave, it's better not to try to use a master build and use one that would be comfortable in a specific order of events. And you say "if" it's supposed to be a placeholder. Well, that's what bots are. Always. Placeholders. And it's a matter of how generally and how well they hold a place.

In short, there is a fine line between what people have come up for a certain character and AI modding. A very fine line.

Also, thanks for the note about her pulse hitting nothing. :shrug: I'll look into it more.

Joost wrote:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next