Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [ASM needed] All human players on red team!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:37 pm 
Adminaut

Do you ever play Flawless' TD and wish there was a way to get four, five, maybe six players on the same team to fight the bot waves together? Ever just wanted to wail on three enemy solar boss bots in TDM with five buddies, instead of two? Don't you just wish there was a kinda buggy way to do so? Are your friends competent enough to follow the damn instructions?

If so, then boy do I have a surprise for you! Introducing the simplest, yet most game-changing ASM mod ever, "6man Team"! This mod forces all players in the session onto Red Team by disabling player access to Blue Team. It's not the most reliable thing ever and requires your buddies to cooperate with you but the results are fantastic.

Note that there's still a 6-player limit to the match. You can have nine player entities with three enemy bots and six red players but you can't get any more actual players into the match than six.

You can follow this great guide to get ASM set up. From there, just follow these steps (get your friends to follow along too!):
1. Download "6man Team" from here.
2. Go to your Documents folder and find the "ASM" folder. Then go into the "amd" folder.
3. From there you need to ensure there's no "-17.amd" file already in there. If there is, back it up as it's probably one of your mods. From there, plop the file you downloaded in Step 1 in there.
4. Open up ASM and tick the box next to the "6man Team" mod. Then, use the "Launch Awesomenauts" button to boot up Awesomenauts with the mod loaded.

From there, you want to get everyone into one custom match lobby, set up all the options you need and start the match. If all was done correctly, you should (in theory) all be placed on red team against whatever custom AI bots/regular bots you have enabled.

I'm still trying to further understand the bugs behind this one so if you bump into a reproducible bug let me know so I can alert other users in this thread. I can't really 'fix' the bugs as it's probably an engine shortcoming of some sort that prevents the mod from working bug-free.

Enjoy. :thumb:

Post subject: Re: [ASM needed] All human players on red team!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:46 pm 

:blabl: :drone: :worship: :drool: :thumb: :redcheer: :redcheer: :redcheer:

Dayum...

One question.
Without ASM, if all players are placed in a match, there will spawn no bot, because there is no space for him.
With ASM, if all players 6 players are on red team, will a bot spawn?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57 pm 
Adminaut

FlawlessHair wrote:
One question.
Without ASM, if all players are placed in a match, there will spawn no bot, because there is no space for him.
With ASM, if all players 6 players are on red team, will a bot spawn?

Bots will spawn if the game successfully forces all players to Red team (which might not work sometimes cuz bugs). The game really only checks for how many players are on each team when deciding whether to put bots in it or not. Since there'd be no players on blue the game would be free to spawn some bots on that team.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:06 pm 

Ah! Nice! :thumb:
Great job on this.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:46 am 

This is awesome. Great job, Fish! now, if only there were an ASM build for Linux

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:27 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Cool! :glasses:

Do you get a lot of weird bugs if you do this? I suppose the scoreboard and replay topbar will be pretty broken, but beyond that?

In the long run it would be nice to just have this as a standard modding feature in Awesomenauts, but I have no idea how much broken stuff this would trigger that assumes there are at most three players per team.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:09 pm 

Joost wrote:

Do you get a lot of weird bugs if you do this? I suppose the scoreboard and replay topbar will be pretty broken, but beyond that?

In the long run it would be nice to just have this as a standard modding feature in Awesomenauts, but I have no idea how much broken stuff this would trigger that assumes there are at most three players per team.

If most of the broken stuff is the visuals of the scoreboard, can't it just simply be hidden if more than 3 players are on one team?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Sure, but I'd be surprised if that were all...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:54 am 
Adminaut

Joost wrote:

When the other testers cooperated with me, only the scoreboard really broke. I would have to check a replay to check what broke there. I kinda forgot to check that out.

The character select worked as normal, showing a lock on each taken character. I didn't test unlocking the same-character limit but I presume the graphic would break as there's no symbol to signify 4x the character.

I might need to round up some people to test it out again in that case. You've re-sparked my interest in this mini-mod of mine. Anyone with ASM wanna run some tests some time?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:26 am 

I can help you with testing

Carl wrote:
This game made me xenophobic. I was buying wine once, I almost bought one then realized it was from Argentina. I grabbed an American wine instead

StarDasher wrote:
This game has made me racist.
I block every single japanese people i encounter.