Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bot updates and submissions for new bots
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Sorry I haven't been around much on the modding subforums of late. The last couple of months have been super hectic for us with finishing Swords & Soldiers II while simultaneously also keeping development of Awesomenauts going. Now that S&S2 has been released and the entire team is moving to Awesomenauts we have much more time for that. Here's a little update and some questions for the bot creators.

Bots getting stuck in beta?
The current bots seem to have some trouble getting stuck in one spot/loop. I am not sure whether this is new in 2.10 beta 1, or already in the existing game. Are there any theories on what is causing this, are fixes already in the works?

Improving existing bots in patch 2.10
Bot creators can update their existing bots for patch 2.10. As always you can simply update your bot in your bot topic. To do so, update the download link in the starting post and add a post about what you have been doing. I will be checking the topics listed here.

Submissions for new bots in patch 2.11
There will not be any new bots in patch 2.10, but we do want to open up submissions for new bots for patch 2.11. Those will have to be selected before the first beta for 2.11, so to have enough time expect a new round of submissions in a few weeks already. Please don't post submission topics just yet: we will get to that soon but not yet. Do share your progress with the community so that they can test and give feedback already! As before you will be able to submit new bots and new, better versions of existing bots.

As I have been out of the modding loop for quite a while: have there been any important things happening that I should know about? Are the same modders still handling their own bots? Do you folks expect any new bots will be submitted for 2.11 at all?

Post subject: Re: Bot updates and submissions for new bots
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:40 pm 

Joost wrote:
The current bots seem to have some trouble getting stuck in one spot/loop. I am not sure whether this is new in 2.10 beta 1, or already in the existing game. Are there any theories on what is causing this, are fixes already in the works?

On the reworked Sorona you mean? I assume this has to do with travel nodes not being quite right for the new layout. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with suggestions.

Joost wrote:
As I have been out of the modding loop for quite a while: have there been any important things happening that I should know about? Are the same modders still handling their own bots? Do you folks expect any new bots will be submitted for 2.11 at all?

Ignotis has a pretty workable framework that doesn't inherit from General AI at all, and so far from what I've tested it seems to perform pretty decently. There's a good chance that you'll see a lot of submissions for 2.11 using this framework. Would like to see a two week notice before the final deadline for new bots in 2.11

Joost wrote:
Bot creators can update their existing bots for patch 2.10.

Do you have an approximate deadline for this? I definitely want to update Swigs bot -- he's slightly long in the tooth at this point.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:51 am 

Excellent, thanks for the info. I've finished adding all the features I've wanted to add, I'll just do some testing and I should have the new version out shortly.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 am 

hurleybird wrote:
Joost wrote:

On the reworked Sorona you mean? I assume this has to do with travel nodes not being quite right for the new layout. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with suggestions.

It could be the drill area. The in-game bots use a fix to bypass the old bug. Now that it's been fixed, the fix may well be causing bad behavior.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am 

there needs to be a secret konami nauts code where i enter a fatality button combo and only get snipegod/swiggod bot
just put it here joost. not a lot of people browse through these parts :shady:

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:13 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

hurleybird wrote:
Joost wrote:
Bot creators can update their existing bots for patch 2.10.
Do you have an approximate deadline for this? I definitely want to update Swigs bot -- he's slightly long in the tooth at this point.

Next week we will do another beta update. It would be good if updated bots were in that so that they can be tested in beta. To be 100% sure your update makes it in, be sure to update your bot Monday June 1st at the latest so that I can grab the updated versions on Tuesday morning (European time).

I don't know when the final version of the patch will be coming, but I also don't know whether I will update bots after Tuesday, so I suggest aiming for that.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:36 am 

In terms of new Sorona, I'd suggest experimenting with the nodes in the top creep areas. Bots seem to have a moderate difficulty jumping over the lip at the end, and a quick glance shows that the nodes are significantly different in those places than they were in 2.9.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:18 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Thanks, we'll look into that!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:18 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

There is no final plan yet, but the current plan is to open submissions for new bots on June 11 and make the final choice for new bots on June 17. There will be rounds for later patches, but these are currently the expected dates for bots to be included in patch 2.11.