Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Bot submissions for patch 2.11
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:40 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

As announced we will be adding new bots in patch 2.11 (if any are good enough, of course). To submit your bot for consideration, create a topic with [SUBMISSION] before the name and post a download link to your bot there. You can keep updating your bot after it has been submitted.

We will need a lot of testers, so please help each other by testing submitted bots and posting your experiences. Post any bugs/issues you've encountered, but also if the bot was good enough in your experience.

We will select the best bots on Monday June 22nd. To give others time to try your bots, create your submission topic on Saturday 20 June at the latest!

You will be able to make further tweaks and fixes to your bot during beta.

Post subject: Re: Bot submissions for patch 2.11
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:29 am 

What features will Ronimo be looking for in testing? My bots (and Flawless's, potentially hurleybird's) will be ditching GeneralAI and using a homebrew solution. But, I don't want there to be any obvious lack of functionality that knocks them out of the running. Besides the obvious avoiding death, attacking structures, using the shop, fighting players, and killing droids, what will you look for?

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post subject: Re: Bot submissions for patch 2.11
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

They should just play the game well with as little cheating as possible, just like the other bots. The more they act like a human who is good at the game, the better, I suppose. I don't know how to describe this specifically.

Obviously getting stuck or dying constantly are not good. ;)

The only real requirement is that they become dumber on lower difficulties, but that is an easy addition if a bot is already good.