Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Yoolip Bot
 Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:12 pm 

Well i got bored one day and decided to create a Yoolip bot, so here you go.

One thing to note is that he uses the new turret detection features added in 3.0, so hes much better at defending his turrets compared to other bots. He also really really likes going for the enemy base when it's exposed, so watch out for that.

Here is the general build he goes for (i say general cause it can change depending on certain factors, see below):

notes about the build:
-Buys medican instead of overdrive gear and gets it much earlier if there is a gnaw on the enemy team
-has a small chance to buy Laboratory Centrifuge instead of Quark Microscope
-Buys dino training for dummies instead of egg hatcher if there are nauts with CC on his team
-Has a small chance to buy walking rod instead of egg hatcher (if he didn't already buy dino training)

Download

Post subject: Re: Yoolip Bot
 Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:18 pm 

Nice! I may give it a spin when I find time!

Veanko wrote:
He also really really likes going for the enemy base when it's exposed, so watch out for that.

Now you say "Watch out" but isn't Yoolip quite squishy if he's alone?

EDIT: Am sorry, I haven't really been able to get back into Awesomenauts...

Last edited by FlawlessHair on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:20 pm 

I sort of meant it sarcastically, but yeah he tends to get rekted if his teammates aren't there. It can make him quite annoying to deal with though if you're playing with 5 other bots, as bots at the moment like leaving their base unguarded.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 am 
Adminaut

Yoolip is very predictive in his optimal playstyle so it should be interesting seeing how he's converted to a bot.

Quick build criticisms:
  • Gaze row sounds fine, although consider letting it modify its build with a small chance for damage instead of range for powerhouse Gazes with AA amp.
  • You should be very careful with buying 'detrimental' upgrades that bring a downside with their upside. Egg Hatcher and Walking Rod are two upgrades that add downsides to the ability in exchange for what they give and a bot doesn't compensate well for downsides, although Walking Rod is changing in the beta. Consider moving Egg Hatcher to a rare pick and making his primary 3rd Dino picks Holo Pet Food and Dino Training.
  • Have the bot also prioritize at least 1/2 Medican against any chip DoT (Incendiary Bomb, Gnaw, Jail Food, Manure Incense, Stealthy Ninja Weapons, Soul Connectors, Four-Eye Visor, new Moonstone Dust). These are all the DoTs that get affected heavily by Medican at the moment and it would be smart to buy into some Medican when against them for the bot's survivability. Alternatively, consider Krab if you can make him go slightly out of his way for coins.