Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:08 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
It would be nice to have some activation requirements, like, you have to activate all buttons to activate something you've connected to the buttons, or you only have to activate one of the buttons to activate the thing you've connected to them.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:45 pm 

More team none options. Turrets are a pain to work with because you can't make a neutral one without it looking incredibly glitchy and team none nauts are invisible.

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

I would like to have a condition to check bot's current ammo count (Ksenia's knives, Ted's shells etc.). There is an action for adding ammo (addAmmo), but there isn't anything to check it. I think it would be a cool addition to the functionality and I would for sure use it. Lacking of this function was the only thing preventing me from making progress on my bot since 2015 (aaand time, ok).

I'm referring to Behaviourtree Creator of course.

Thanks in advance,
Aki.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 am 

Unless it is technically unfeasible, I would like the 'tween'-able parameters like animations have on other types, such as an object/button's position etc. By tween-able i mean the linear/smooth/binary oscillation of values.

Without the above maybe a way to parent textures/animation/particles to other stuff. I think i've seen "center around character while playing" type parameters already used...?

Third, would love to be able to highlight stuff in boxes so it's not arrow keys or delete all. Additionally, auto-highlight all upon selection for an additional way to delete all (smart highlighting based on capitalization or something would be an extra touch but not needed ;p).

Someone already mentioned grouping and that's probably one of the biggest for sure. snapping might play havoc on that tho, with how it's been behaving for me.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 am 

some sort of easier, faster, more intuitive way to draw terrain? being able to just draw blocks on a grid to form terrain and drag objects like glass around the grid would go a long way towards making the editor more approachable
being approachable to the uninitiated is one thing you need to make a huge effort into doing

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:20 am 

I'm having lots of fun with the level editor. I like to send my thanks to the development team.

Request/Suggestions/Questions:

Can DamageAreas, AffectAreas, JumpPads and Teleporters get a Creep/Awesomenaut only buttons or a Field where you can type in the some class names and only those classes can use the objects? Or can we have have a field where these objects check if a Character has an Upgrade before doing its effects?

Can AffectAreas get a Comparison Check for Solar/HP before it applies it effects?

Can Damage Areas get an "InfluenceOthers" for when its in its alert state?

Can Teleporters be made to teleport Neutral Characters Only?

Can Obstacles get a Color Modifier Field?

Can Buttons get a Switch where we can set them to "On" and they turn "Off" when Pressed?
Also it be neat if Buttons has some kind of "And" and "Or" field where we can make a list of other buttons and main button will be pressed based on the state of other buttons.

Can CreepSpawners and DroidWaveSpawners get a MaxHP Multiplier?

Can NamedAreas can have an activation Name so that they can be Moved by buttons and still do their effect?

Since Applying Upgrades is coming, are there any dummy upgrades that can be used with the AI editor that wont effect anything else?

Also, along with applying Upgrades, it would be cool if there was Field in the Map Settings tab where we could pick a custom made HeroCode or StatusEffect AI Block and have it apply to all Characters while playing Map.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:59 am 
Ronimo Team Member

10000370 wrote:
I'm having lots of fun with the level editor. I like to send my thanks to the development team. ...

:ayla:

Most of your suggestions are relatively easy to do and would indeed be very useful, but I have a lot of other things that also need doing for the map editor, so I'll see whether I can cramp some of these suggestions in. One thing that's definitely coming in 3.5 is a much more flexible Button object, although not exactly with the options you requested.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 am 

Not sure if this has been brought up before but the ability to modify a turret's health would be great.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm 

Location: Massachusetts, where weather is as unpredictable as a laggy Clunk
If there was an easier way of implementing sounds that doesn't include animations that would be cool

Oh and if there was a way to make custom announcements along the same vein as "Your core is being attacked!"

Dice emoticon when?
Random Dice leaderboard icon pleaaaaaase
Steam!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:46 pm 

Just Nickpicking with the first one, but if the second one could be done that be really great.

-> Firstly it'd be nice if buttons would both deactivate Portal-Entries and Portal-Exits. It's not very useful for Portal-Exits graphics just to disappear with a button. Reason being I am working on a project where I am using a Checkpoint system, very similar to the one in the "Lonestar Bootcamp" map. And it'd would just make me save stacking so many(15+) Portals-Entries on top of each other.

-> Secondly I would like it to be possible to stop moving plattforms, idealy with a button. This way moving plattforms could be used as elevator.

I am the one and only Paraakie
Modder & Rare Gearlyfish
My mods

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next