Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding feature requests
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

CookieMaster wrote:
... -> Firstly it'd be nice if buttons would both deactivate Portal-Entries and Portal-Exits. It's not very useful for Portal-Exits graphics just to disappear with a button. Reason being I am working on a project where I am using a Checkpoint system, very similar to the one in the "Lonestar Bootcamp" map. And it'd would just make me save stacking so many(15+) Portals-Entries on top of each other. ...

Beta 3 will have an option to enable/disable playerStartPositions using buttons. That way you won't need to use teleporters the way Lonestar Bootcamp does.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:34 am 

Can we get a timeslow modifier for AffectArea? I realise you can speed things up using slowFactor but this doesn't speed up/slow down ability cooldowns or function in the same way (like your jumps become super high).

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:11 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Can we get a timeslow modifier for AffectArea? I realise you can speed things up using slowFactor but this doesn't speed up/slow down ability cooldowns or function in the same way (like your jumps become super high).

This would be a great feature.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 pm 

Bacon Bomb wrote:

Oh and if there was a way to make custom announcements along the same vein as "Your core is being attacked!"

Unless you mean custom sounds (i.e. core instead of base), the default announcements are available via a separate button type.

I am not sure if there is a way besides manually inserting it into the gameplay xml file atm? Anyways here is an example from Ribbit (v.2.12):
Code:
    <gameMessageButton>
        <vector2 id="position">6.6504 -1.256</vector2>
        <vector2 id="size">0.4647 0.4412</vector2>
        <bool id="pressableByPlayers">1</bool>
        <bool id="pressableByCreeps">1</bool>
        <bool id="pressableOnlyByTeam">1</bool>
        <string id="team">TEAM_ONE</string>
        <bool id="sendMessageOnce">1</bool>
        <bool id="broadcast">1</bool>
        <string id="messageTargetType">Team</string>
        <string id="gameMessageType">AtEnemyBase</string>
    </gameMessageButton>
There are spaces there btw, not tabs; i forget if tabs break it or not...

Tweak the position and size etc. as needed. Possible values for gameMessageType are (tbh i didn't test all of them):
Code:
AlmostDestroyedBase
AlmostDestroyedTurret
AtEnemyBase
BotReplacedPlayer
CreepKilledPlayer
DestroyedTurret
DoubleKill
FirstBlood
KilledEntireTeam
KilledPlayer
KilledSelf
KillingSpreeA
KillingSpreeB
KillingSpreeC
KillingSpreeEnded
MinionsHaveSpawned
MinionsSpawn
PlayerAttack
PlayerConnect
PlayerDefend
PlayerDisconnect
PlayerHasSpawned
PlayerHelp
PlayerKickedLatency
PlayerReplacedBot
PlayerTaunt
ReceivedExtraGold
TeamKillingSpreeA
TeamKillingSpreeB
TeamKillingSpreeC
TookKillLead
TrippleKill
UnderAttackBase
UnderAttackTurret

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Also, others mentioned changing classes... I am very interested in changing a players character in-game. This would allow me to create, for example, a mini-game competition map composed of small challenges where everyone is the same character. I would hope it's not impossible considering randomnauts...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 pm 

Can we get a way of modifying the transparency/opacity of textures while they're not being influenced?

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:01 am 

Copying some stuff I mentioned in the beta forum to here:

I have some suggestions on the editor:
  • Please add timeModifier to AffectArea. I got really giddy at the new SpeedUp but then found out it was just the silver coating yellow arrows effect - I'd really really appreciate a way to use a time modifier as an effect, like how yuri's slowdowns and speedups work.
  • Can we please get endPosition and animationDuration added to some more objects? Being able to create moving objects is a pretty big deal, and there's some I'd really like to be able to move: JumpPad, Animation, Texture, Pickup, AffectArea/DamageArea. Additionally, adding the ability to influence when they move would be fantastic.
  • Add a timer object. The current way of creating map events is very weird and hacky with creeps/AI, and messes up in a real game if the host migrates since the creep disappears. A simple, invisible timer object that can influence something at intervals would be a GODSEND. I imagine properties to be something like timeBeforeFirstTick, timeBetweenTicks, TickDuration and buttonID - this is all we need. Alternatively, you could create a manageable list of map timers or somesuch. Either way, the ability to just influence something at intervals would help with a loooot of stuff.
  • When you apply parallax to stuff, it also moves around in the editor when you're scrolling around. Can this stop?
  • Add playerOnly setting to affectarea.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 pm 

It'd be cool if we could load our own turretTypeIndex files in, or if we could define turret features in the editor itself (though i assume this isn't possible, otherwise why would you put the turret files into the asset manager). The indestructible miniturret thingy would be pretty useful if you could define its bullet type.

An option to hide turrets on the minimap would be good too

Maybe im using them wrong but awareness areas for turrets seem busted

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:52 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

omnimpotent wrote:
It'd be cool if we could load our own turretTypeIndex files in, or if we could define turret features in the editor itself (though i assume this isn't possible, otherwise why would you put the turret files into the asset manager). The indestructible miniturret thingy would be pretty useful if you could define its bullet type.

An option to hide turrets on the minimap would be good too

Maybe im using them wrong but awareness areas for turrets seem busted

What options would you want on a turret if you would set them yourself?

The awareness areas are not what you think they are. The are ONLY relevant for AIs, not for the turret itself. An AI can use the awareness areas to check whether a turret is under attack and by what kind of combination of enemies, so that the AI can ignore if a single droid is at a turret, while it can go defend the turret if several droids plus a Naut are attacking it together.

You can the awareness areas in the F4 editor, just enable them with the button somewhere in the top right of the F4 editor.

conorbebe wrote:
Can we get a way of modifying the transparency/opacity of textures while they're not being influenced?

You already can. Set alphaCombineMode to MULTIPLY and then change the fourth value of the colour (the alpha, which is used for transparency). Setting that fourth value to 255 makes the object opaque, while setting it to 0 makes it fully transparent.

In general I am under the impression that few of the modders have figured out the power of the colourCombineMode, alphaCombineMode and BlendMode options. Understanding these is crucial to making a map look good, so if there's someone who wants to figure them out and wants to put a basic explanation on the Wiki then I think that would be really useful (I don't have time to do so myself in the coming period).

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 am 

What I'd want to see being able to be changed about turrets:
-Projectiles fired (missiles, yuri beam, nibbs flamethrower etc. to see how they'd mix up the gameplay)
-Range for detection and firing.
-Health
-Ability to flip the sprites so you could have a red turret facing left instead of right.

Features that'd be kinda neat for turrets but not as needed:
-Regen (so you could have a lower health turret that kinda forced you to push it in one go or it would regen itself over time, or just have small regen on normal turrets)
-Respawning turrets.
-Neutral turrets.
-Different sized/scalable turrets.
-Custom textures.

Crazy and dumb ideas about turrets:
-Being able to move them (ie. you could stick one to a creep or ai for some non- sense).

Edit: also after I fiddled with the awareness values not knowing what they did the turret stopped tracking me properly. Is that a thing it does or did I accidentally switch the turret ID too to an older, non-used one without noticing? Pretty sure I didn't but it's possible I made a dumb and attributed it to the wrong thing.

Cool videos.
I stream. Sometimes.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:38 am 

tolkki wrote:
Crazy and dumb ideas about turrets:
-Being able to move them (ie. you could stick one to a creep or ai for some non- sense).

You can do this already as turrets have an endPosition property, just adjust this like you would with a moving glass platform.

Editing turret health and detection/firing hitboxes are the big ones. Like I'd LOVE to make a turret not be able to shoot behind itself, but I'm not able to do it currently. Giving AffectArea a timemodifier option, AffectAreas having a affectPlayersOnly (or something like that), and configurable turret firing trigger areas are all I need left to make my map work exactly as I envisioned it. I believe in you Joost!!!

Joost wrote:
In general I am under the impression that few of the modders have figured out the power of the colourCombineMode, alphaCombineMode and BlendMode options.

pls I am going insane over here with it

Sidenote, if you're going for a futuristic metallic-y map style, texture bb_lvl_6_dm_block is EXCELLENT for simple texture plastering. You can pretty much copy paste it over multiple times and lego-block your solid objects, it tiles really well.

Edit: requesting the ability to influence when pickups spawn. Would like to be able to make pickups appear via button presses. Invincibility, knockback, cooldown and random are also not supported as pickups yet have their animations available - could they be added too? It would also be neat to be able to control the strength/duration of said steroid pickups like attackspeed, speedup and shield.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next