Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:50 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We hope to release beta 2 end of this week. Some more tweaks and fixes that will be in beta 2:

Quote:
-Teleporter entrances now show teamcolours when they are enterable by one team only.
-The middle of the level is now always shown as a white line when the grid is enabled, instead of only when the LevelConfiguration object is selected.
-Obstacle rectangles are now only shown while the editor is open.
-Editors now zoom around the mouse position.
-Added tooltips to object layers to explain when an object is in which layer.
-Removed “Gfx painting” layer because it’s not relevant to modders.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:17 am 

I can't get Airstrikes or Totems to come out of any of the Creep Spawners.
is anyone else having this issue?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 am 

Killing a base while in the level editor ends like a normal game and doesn't let you save. It also goes to the tutorial for some reason after the xp screen.

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 pm 

Kailler wrote:
Killing a base while in the level editor ends like a normal game and doesn't let you save. It also goes to the tutorial for some reason after the xp screen.

Skip wrote:
If you end a game on the map editor, it can take you out of the map you're editing on, and may throw you into the tutorial level. In most cases it seems to just crash if that happens.

:sleep:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:43 pm 

Skip wrote:
Kailler wrote:

Skip wrote:
If you end a game on the map editor, it can take you out of the map you're editing on, and may throw you into the tutorial level. In most cases it seems to just crash if that happens.

:sleep:

Implying i should read every bug in this thread before posting smh

All it's doing is re-affirming that it's not a single person thing

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:06 pm 

doesn't seem to have been reported yet but attempting to change the awareness area of turrets does not work. The blue box changes but they still shoot as if they have the defaults (yes i unticked use defaulted awareness). Also they can't seem to shoot through glass platforms even if there's no team specific settings on the platforms, you need to specify to ignore collision by the turret which should be on default seeing as there's no collision for the bullets to collide with.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

The turret awareness areas don't influence the turrets at all. Their purpose is to let AI check whether a turret needs to be defended or pushed. An AI can for example check how many droids and enemies are near a turret.

A couple more things that will be in beta 2 later this week, including a fix for the issue that Kailler and Skip reported:
Quote:
-Glass platforms now show their team colour if enterableByTeams is set for them.
-Fixed that sometimes an Obstacle didn’t get automatic art from the tileset.
-Can't win matches anymore during map editing sessions, to avoid the editor suddenly quitting.
-Fixed that DamageArea didn’t visualise its size and activity areas in the editor.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:20 pm 

ah, did wonder. Can the area that they target be changed though? currently they try to aim further than they can shoot. The normal turrets a small distance but the pulse turret a VERY big distance. Also i have a small visual bug where things won't show on the map when "disable when button is active" is ticked, even if they are still active.

EDIT: turret 3 aims correctly, but it seems the others do not, at least 1 and 2 don't.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Kailler wrote:
... Also i have a small visual bug where things won't show on the map when "disable when button is active" is ticked, even if they are still active.

Obstacles aren't updated dynamically on the minimap, it renders once and then it's static. That's why Obstacles that can move or deactivate aren't shown on the minimap.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:26 pm 

Joost wrote:
Kailler wrote:
... Also i have a small visual bug where things won't show on the map when "disable when button is active" is ticked, even if they are still active.

Obstacles aren't updated dynamically on the minimap, it renders once and then it's static. That's why Obstacles that can move or deactivate aren't shown on the minimap.

ah, alright, did wonder about that, is nice to know. Is that also why the "glitch" with turrets on the replay minimap did/does happen?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next