Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:44 am 

i've been getting a lot of what i assume are rounding issues and snapping. for a random example i'll resize a box to say .2 x .4, move it, and it will change to something like .2 x .4000001 (i can't recall the exact digit length but could get it if needed). when i specify exact dimensions that lie on the grid it's hard on my ocd to keep having things resize themselves for no reason.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:21 pm 

Opened up my map earlier and this happened upon opening...

No idea what's happened or why it's happened, but those giant blocks in the middle that cover basically everything (that shouldn't be there if it wasn't obvious) appeared upon loading up the map in the editor. They were not there last time and i can't select them to get rid of them. They are non-physical so things go through them but i can't get anything done with it completely blocking view (and i put a lot of effort in to this one too :GnawCry: )

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:03 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

@Kailler:
Could you email me the XML files for your map so that I can investigate what's going wrong there? Please send them to joost@ronimo-games.com.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:03 am 

Is there a limit on the amount of Obstacles you can connect?
I'm guessing there is cause my game just crashes now every time I try adding another onto my map, lol. Luckily, I saved just before this happened.

Edit: No doubt in my mind now. Removed a few Obstacles and did the same thing I was trying to do before and it didn't crash.

And I was hoping to make a near infinite map later. :c

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:30 am 

RoachCake wrote:
Is there a limit on the amount of Obstacles you can connect? ...

Similar to this, isn't there limits to various things such as particles, etc.? Baked in via settings variables? I've been wondering if that's connected to problems i've been noticing with broken animations; sometimes animations or particles i've used as visual aspects play when i hit the play button in the map editor, they work most of the time when i hit F1 to be in-game inside the editor, and maybe work to a lesser degree when i try to run the mod thru a custom lobby.

Also 'paused' in the editor is just a heavy time slow? I can see animations playing and literally see the characters moving...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 am 
Ronimo Team Member

There are no intended limits like you describe, but there might be bugs of course. Could you send me the XML files of your level and describe to me how to reproduce the crashes and bugs, so that I can look for the cause?

stev wrote:
... Also 'paused' in the editor is just a heavy time slow? I can see animations playing and literally see the characters moving...

Indeed. It's an extreme time slow. That way interactive objects like Buttons react correctly to being edited. It's a bit of a cheap hack but it works fine. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Syraleaf wrote:
... (EDIT: I noticed that when I spawn creatures using the CreepSpawnRepeater it will spawn them without textures. Am I doing something wrong or is the editor failing me here? I've filled in the CreeptypeToSpawn as well as the aiFileName.)

None of the characters have art for all classes. Playable classes only have art for TEAM_ZERO and TEAM_ONE, while most creeps only have art for TEAM_NONE.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 pm 

Joost wrote:
@Kailler:
Could you email me the XML files for your map so that I can investigate what's going wrong there? Please send them to joost@ronimo-games.com.

Unfortunately before reading this i kinda fixed it myself :jimmy:
I just copied and pasted everything and the textures were gone, i hit save then decided to check on the forum to see if it had been responded to. :jimmy: Still want the xml? (if so where do i find it)

Semi-Official discord server (will be full official when i mail kewn some gold star stickers)
https://discord.gg/0yByU7DBHdJLagVU

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:17 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

If the XML isn't broken anymore then it's no use sending it to me.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:57 pm 

Edit: Slow on AffectAreas doesn't seem to work right.
Putting in negative numbers (no matter how high) is the same as if you were to use snare and it instakills you if you jump.

Note from dev Joost: sorry, I accidentally edited your post and removed part of the original text... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next