Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Post subject: Re: Modding and map editor bug hub
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm 

Having a blast so far! :thumb:
Few issues though:
1. The base does not spawn a Super Droid when a turret is destroyed even though it should by default (super droid spawner are present for all 4 turrets). Tried it with the map based on Ribbit.

2. The level art keeps changing even after a save. This is annoying the * out of me. I know I can disable the level art completely for all or specific obstacles but sometimes i like to keep part of the level art (or the glow/particles on the obstacle for example). I put textures on top of an obstacle so that everything I want is covert it sadly doesn't save that. After I opened the editor again some level art was on top where it wasn't supposed to. It makes sense if i change the size of the obstacle that it changes the art, but if i don't touch the obstacle it should leave everything the way i left it right?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

RoachCake wrote:
... Edit: Slow on AffectAreas doesn't seem to work right.
Putting in negative numbers (no matter how high) is the same as if you were to use snare and it instakills you if you jump.

Slow shouldn't use negative numbers. To produce a slow you should set slowFactor to something like 0.8 (20% slow) and slowDuration to however long you want the slow to last (for example 2 seconds).

PS. Sorry, I accidentally edited your original post and removed part of it. :(

prankster wrote:
1. The base does not spawn a Super Droid when a turret is destroyed even though it should by default (super droid spawner are present for all 4 turrets). Tried it with the map based on Ribbit.

Might this change in beta 2 be your problem?

-CreepCreatorOnce: you should add “creep” to the start of the creepType field for existing CreepCreatorOnce objects.

The level art currently doesn't store it's random seed, so it currently indeed looks different every time you start it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:37 am 

Joost wrote:
Slow shouldn't use negative numbers. To produce a slow you should set slowFactor to something like 0.8 (20% slow) and slowDuration to however long you want the slow to last (for example 2 seconds).

Knew it was probably something simple like this, lol.
I feel silly now for not even thinking of trying it.

Quote:
PS. Sorry, I accidentally edited your original post and removed part of it. :(

Whoops!
It's fine though; what I said wasn't anything other than that I managed to fix the crashing on my map. Unfortunately before you had posted saying to send the XMLs files. (Derp on my part)

Gonna add this to my sig though, cause it's kinda funny to me :P

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:07 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
The quarrantine door end animation is the same quarrantine door start animation.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:16 pm 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
also the PlayerStartPosition influence doesn't seem to work, I turned a spawn off and i was stil able to spawn there.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

vmar98 wrote:
also the PlayerStartPosition influence doesn't seem to work, I turned a spawn off and i was stil able to spawn there.

It only works if there is a valid alternative startposition. So with the right team and type for your gamemode. If no valid spawners exist then the deactivation is ignored.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:01 am 

So, I tried testing out my map with a few people, but nobody was able to see each other at all.
Any idea what could be causing this? How can I fix this?

(I think someone else had this problem as well but I couldn't find their post.)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm 

So... I'm pretty sure this is not what the textures menu thing is supposed to be like
It does let me pick stuff and closes if I double click one of the icons but still, it makes it very hard to use it :jimmy:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:46 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Burningdillo wrote:
So... I'm pretty sure this is not what the textures menu thing is supposed to be like
It does let me pick stuff and closes if I double click one of the icons but still, it makes it very hard to use it :jimmy:

Looks like videocard driver problems. Could you switch between DirectX and OpenGL? Does it look like this in both? What kind of videocard do you have exactly? Are you on Windows?

RoachCake wrote:
So, I tried testing out my map with a few people, but nobody was able to see each other at all.
Any idea what could be causing this? How can I fix this?

(I think someone else had this problem as well but I couldn't find their post.)

Is the map currently published in this state? If so, could you send an email to thijs@ronimo-games.com, describing the problem and adding a link to the mod, so that he can try this?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:20 pm 

Joost wrote:
Burningdillo wrote:

Looks like videocard driver problems. Could you switch between DirectX and OpenGL? Does it look like this in both? What kind of videocard do you have exactly? Are you on Windows?

I use DirectX, tried using OpenGL but then the main menu doesn't show up, so I can't really get into the level editor. Yep, it's that bad.
Well I dunno what videocard I have but it's definitely not a good one
And yes, I have Windows 7

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next