Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Map Triggers
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 am 

I began learning to use the map editor today and have been having loads of fun messing around. I want to see if I could make special triggers using buttons, but I was confused on how they work with other objects. I opened up the Lonestar adventure map that I saw in the workshop, and I tried to understand how they used the bull to open a door, or kill a creep to summon a platform. How can I create this type of map "trigger", where doing some event or activating some button causes another part of the map to update? I also want to do this with summons, and possibly spawn times. For example, by pushing this button, a Skree totem falls from the sky, or the rate at which a solar boss attacks is increased (not sure if this is possible).

Post subject: Re: Map Triggers
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:06 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Some of the objects have influencedBy settings, those are influenced by Buttons. So you make a Button and set its influenceName to "Banana" and then you create an Obstacle with a startPosition and an endPosition and set its name to "Banana" as well.

Note that the naming of these settings is quite inconsistent, usually its something with influence or name in it.

Some of the objects that can be influenced by Buttons are Teleporter, Obstacle, HideArea, CreepSpawnerRepeater, AffectArea and Animation.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 pm 

Are there any ways to use variables for things like solar and health? A hack for currency would be to spawn a solar coin at some interval and disable natural solar generation. Let's say I wanted to create a custom droid with a specific amount of health, and measure the amount of health that it has. Is there any way to do this, or plans on adding this type of customization, in the map editor?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 pm 

LegendaryB3ast wrote:
Are there any ways to use variables for things like solar and health? A hack for currency would be to spawn a solar coin at some interval and disable natural solar generation. Let's say I wanted to create a custom droid with a specific amount of health, and measure the amount of health that it has. Is there any way to do this, or plans on adding this type of customization, in the map editor?

Wait for the next beta and look up custom AIs for now? Next beta I believe you can package your AIs into your map workshop download. Regardless though, the AI has many ways of checking conditions such as current hp of a certain character in a certain area, etc.

Also, am i not wrong in assuming AIs can be made such that they respond to our own NamedAreas? I haven't messed with the AI editor much but I feel this will solve many of people's problems.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Yes, if you create both the map and the AI then you can use your own NamedAreas. There's a LOT you can do with this since it not only allows for decisionmaking, but also for weird stuff like a creep that only jumps when in a certain area.