Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Bowserslave's AMA
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:07 am 

Was pretty loaded down with a bunch of work this weekend so pardon the late responses.

Unlucky_Charms (Round 4)

1. Why do you think it's so hard to start a conversation?
I should specify what I mean by this.
For me I usually deal in extremes.
I'll either bring up something random as a catalyst and try to follow through there, fangasm over something and hope you've watched/played/seen what I'm nerding out about, or I'm all "How's the weather?"
I'm no middle ground I either am small talk or a long conversation. I find it easier irl honestly. There's ques to pick up on and tone I could add to my words to help enhance a conversation than just text.

r0estir0bbe wrote:
or you do it like zeg and make "AMA requests". :thumb:

Thank's for the foreshadow~
I might put on the 1st page public questions I feel like asking all of you every now and then.
So be on the lookout for those in the future soon (TM Joost)

Tri99ah Fin9er

1. - What are the things you hope for in life?
Stuff you hear a lot of other people say.
A good job, a loving wife, stable house life, keep the close friends I have, and not have to worry so much about if I'll make it tomorrow.
They're all "basic" but theres a reason stuff like this got coined "The American Dream" after all.
Thankfully now I have at least a couple of those things fufilled :ksenia:

2. - Would you change something in your past if you had the option to do so?
I think this is the 3rd ish time this question or one similar to it came up but I'll give a different answer to this one to stand out.

1 thing on a small scale; I'd tell my 6 year old self don't bring your Charmeleon toy to school the teacher's gonna be rude and confiscate it from you and you'll think 1 day years later you'll get it back but that baby's gone :GnawCry:

Basically yea there's some stuff I'd change, but mostly low key stuff that would've gotten rid of some pointless strife.

3. - Any forumer you would like to meet IRL?
I really do wanna get a chance to meet Burrhe. He's been a real good friend to me and I'd like to thank him in person for what he's done and reminisce on the times we've been in Team Boss together. He's definitely #1 to meet someday in person [and to hopefully get better at Melee so I can give him a decent challenge]

4. - Name 5 things you hold dear to yourself.
Well a couple are obvious but I'll state em anyways

1. My girlfriend
2. My short films
3. Videos I've produced for fun/for class [the films I rank differently because they got a lot more meaning to them].
4. My Laptop [How l do my work/soon to hopefully be job and talk to my girlfriend and all my friends]
5. My close friends

5. - Do you think your life would have been different if you hadn't played this game?
I mean at face value duh of course.
There's friends I've met and held dear here that if I never did meet them or partake in the competitive nauts scene, events in my life would have played different.
Now if we're talking to has this game changed my character in a grand way to the point where I'd be a different person if I haven't played this game?
Probably not to be honest. I've had my development long before I came here or to nauts.

6. - What career do you hope to pursue in the future?
I'd like to be a bigtime Video Editor or even a Film Director someday.

7. - Do you have a motto in life that you live by? If not, do you wish you had one?
A man must have a code

My codes the simple Golden Rule.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated".

Sometimes it puts you in a hypocritical situation, but it's better than someone acting like a * and not having consequences to their actions.

8. - What is your opinion on HMS and Starstorm Map?
HMS is one of the top needed changes in the game and hopefully this will dramatically reduce the amount of complaints regarding the matchmaking, cause especially in L1 it's a lot to be desired [meaning its so bad I leave myself in L2 so l get decent games, not L4 or L5s on my team].
I still believe it won't be perfect, but that'll hopefully be just because of either people on alts or just things you can't control. If its not dramatically better, then its a bust imo.

Regarding the map it's nice to finally have another map, but I don't want it to be like 205. I need to play it more but this map favors nauts like Derpl Yuri who can hold chokepoints on the portals and nauts with good jumps in the very bottom area. Definitely needs more tweaks and I intend once the 3.1 beta is up to play on the map as much as possible to get a good feel for the map, and I advise all comp players on a team to do the same and scrim nonstop on this map alone to test it.

9. - Is there any celebrity you would like to meet IRL?
I'd actually wanna meet Rudy Mancuso.
Not so much because I like his work, but because I just learned 2 years ago he went to the same damn college I do. All of a sudden he got BIG on Vine in Sep 2013 and left college early never finishing a class and ended up with millions of followers and a lot of money. I heard he was a lazy student but when it came to videos he was a genius.
I'd def want to talk to him on how he rised.

10. - What is the best movie you have seen, and would recommend it to other people?
Most recently I watched Deliverance and it was really damn good.
It kept my attention the whole way through and I can't remember the last time I watched a film and actually was curious what would happen next and was invested in the characters and story.
Plus it has a lot of things that are referenced in pop culture like the Banjo Duel and what I believe was one of the first male * scenes in cinema that was referenced in South Park [You'll recognize it when you see it].

11. - What is the best book you have read?
A Time To Kill while I know became a film later was a really damn good read. I don't got a 'Favorite' book but thats definitely 1 of them.

Lunk the Hero

1. What's your opinion on me :shady:

just curious about this from someone whos gonna be mostly forum unbiased

Pretty ok guy honestly.
I sorta knew you were a Clunk main and as a result we have an unspoken bond among us Clunks to mutually respect each other because there's not many of us around.
Not much else, though you do a good job at pushing the line of what's "breaking the rules" on a forum.[Though it'd be pretty hard to chat with you because Australian timezones are like 14ish+ hours from where l live llRC]

catgame21234 wrote:
TELL EM THAT STORY :scoop:

Repost it as a question and I'll answer it :CocoWink:
[Aka this answers gonna be way too long so I'ma write it tomorrow as well as other answers during lunch break]

Unlucky_Charms (Round 5)

1. Favourite Pokemon to use in competitive?
Uhhh not a specific favorite but I like using Salamance.

2. Least favourite?
Can't think of a specific least favorite.
I'd say like Armoatise but in TCG it's legit for Fairy Decks.
Dunsparce is pointless af though. No humor no jokes no nothing extra besides a useless boring looking Pokemon.

3. Favourite tier?
I'll play any of em I guess l don't have a preference. I guess not LC though l dont know * about LC.

4. Least favourite?
I suppose LC

5. Who do you plan to main in Pokken?
Dual main Sceptile/Charizard, def gonna try others l might like Garchomp.

Unlucky_Charms wrote:
FIGHT ME IN POKKEN! :rocco: (When we both get the game anyways Image )

When I get it sure [Damn game was sold out and I dont wanna buy it digitally since I don't got space for it and my harddrive for some reason doesnt always register as working on my Wii U].

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:09 am 

Quote:
Repost it as a question and I'll answer it :CocoWink:

ಠ_ಠ dont make me jump threw hoops tell the story pleas. Do you remember it? = 3=

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:12 am 

Bowserslave wrote:
Unlucky_Charms wrote:
FIGHT ME IN POKKEN! :rocco: (When we both get the game anyways Image )

When I get it sure [Damn game was sold out and I dont wanna buy it digitally since I don't got space for it and my harddrive for some reason doesnt always register as working on my Wii U].

Yeah, was sold out everywhere where I was too lol, they had 9 left in a really out of the way store lol
But btw, Chandy and Pika-bre pretty much destroy those 3 (my mains :glasses:)

I've gotten pretty good too IMO, who do you think is gonna win? :3 (I'm offering free lessons cuz I know you :CocoWink:)

Since Catti forgot to ask it, can you/Morgan Freeman please tell us that story? :leoneyes:

Also what's your favourite piece of music from Pokken?

Favourite support set?

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:51 am 

I named my Torkoal after you on OmegaRuby. Thoughts?

Are you hype for Bowser vs Ganon in the next Death Battle?

If you could change one thing, be it appearance, ability or a specific stat on a single Awesomenaut, what would you change?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:28 pm 

Bowserslave wrote:
I really do wanna get a chance to meet Burrhe. He's been a real good friend to me and I'd like to thank him in person for what he's done and reminisce on the times we've been in Team Boss together. He's definitely #1 to meet someday in person [and to hopefully get better at Melee so I can give him a decent challenge]

:tear: I'll come visit you and Catti when you settle down together :GnawCry:

RamenFrog wrote:
He's probably one of the sweetest people I've met on the community

trinary wrote:
Anything burrhe posts must be exciting

trinary wrote:
It's even more exciting than I'd imagined :redcheer:

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
when i dream i dream of burrhe.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 pm 

burrhe wrote:
Bowserslave wrote:

:tear: I'll come visit you and Catti when you settle down together :GnawCry:

That's actually really adorable :leoneyes:

Steam

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 pm 

My bad for putting this off, but I'm gonna force myself during this break to not procrastinate and get these answers out. More specifically, this answer.

catgame21234 wrote:
Quote:
The only one that I remember well is an incident I won't name that let's just say involved someone who thought Cat was his girlfriend when she wasn't and was one of the stepping stones that turned me from "friend" to "boyfriend".

TELL EM THAT STORY :scoop:

Which came from this question and answer

Bowserslave wrote:
Alpha Z (Round 2)

3. Been a part of any serious "dramas"? (IRL or Online)

So grab a snack
Lemme grab some music to set the mood
This one's gonna take awhile

So if you've been keeping track of a couple of my answers regarding how I first met Cat, that'll be all the context you need. Its scattered about through the previous pages (Just go to the answers that are the biggest bunch of the group.

Before Cat and I were a couple, there were 3 other guys that came before me. All three of them were also from the forum we came from, and 2 of them fell under that category of the person I didn't wanna be, aka the "Fiend over the only known female on the forum and go gaga over them". The third one not so much, but we'll get to them as each of these three is important to how eventually we got together. Just to keep it anonymous and fit the feeling of it being a "story" I'm going to give them all code names.

The first boy we'll refer to as "The Mushroom". He was a young British guy around my age, big fan of Mario just like I was. He's not too important to the story but he's worth mentioning. He was very awkward in his approach and tried really hard to get something going with Cat. I don't know the details about this but I know it didn't go through and since then for awhile things would get awkward when he would take in the same thread she was in always referring to her. It's him in combination with the 2nd guy is where the story comes from.

Before him though I'm gonna go out of order and mention who the 3rd boy was. We'll refer to him as "The Hazard". During the duration of this story he was the boyfriend Cat was with for about 4-5 months from Jan-May or early June 2011. He was an all right guy, but he'd constantly spellcheck Cat every moment he had to the point where it was getting berating, even when he knew why she would misspell on occasion. A little bit of a jerk and a bad boy.

Finally we're past the prologue and into the meat of it. The boy who this story centers around we'll call him "The Bullfrog". A little past January, he went out with Cat for a brief moment, or at least he thought he was. I don't know the details of her interactions with "The Bullfrog". Around this was Jan-Feb 2011 I was only just now a decent friend with Cat.
It's worth mentioning also that her becoming my friend partly had to do with my promotion to Moderator on the forum. She admitted years later it was because she wanted to get closer with someone in a "position of power". We were still young and the forum was a decent part of our lives so I get why she would think that. Thankfully later our relationship became more complex than that.

After some time Cat went out with "The Hazard", and "The Bullfrog" didnt take kindly to it. There was a bunch of tension between the two and it exploded one time in a pretty personal attack. From there on he would constantly quote her at every instance, flirt with her, make uncomfortable remarks, share personal information, etc etc. He stuck on her like an obsessive piece of gum that needed to be taken off.

Around May of 2011 is when it exploded big time to him making threats. The very specific details escape me since its approaching 5 years ago this happened, but he got to the point where he made claims of going over to her house and * her. He ramped up his stalker like actions and it got to a point where she was beginning to feel unsafe and feared for her life.
At this point I was promoted to Global Moderator, being 2nd in command to only the Admin. "The Bullfrog" at this point was getting very aggressive and caught himself in a web of lies when he said he would back off, and then later admitted he would not do that. I kept the logs and used his in forum behavior as justification, and the admin saw fit to give him a month ban. At this point the moderators [Catgame became one eventually but only for the art area while I covered the whole forum] had a private discussion on what should be done with "The Bullfrog". At this point he made threats to go to her house and he knew where she lived, and he made it clear he wouldn't change his ways being a pathological liar. Through my arguments and convincing [Where do you think Cat gets her Phoenix Wright shtick from? Shes just the student and I'm the master~], we were able to make the ban permanent.
Her boyfriend at the time "The Hazard" wasn't offering much comfort to her AFAIK, and most of the forum was oblivious to what was going on.
I never told Cat this, but if "The Bullfrog" was ever serious and went over to her house, I was ready to ask a good friend of mine to stay in the area if he ever came to act as an invisible bodyguard.
Thankfully it wasn't needed and he backed off after the permanent ban.

The storys very much abridged and missing a lot of details, but it was after this event I was definitely the "Best friend". She wasn't happy with "The Hazard" and broke up with him. Eventually she came and asked me in the beginning of June if I loved her. At that time I said no the first time, because I was afraid of a committed relationship; not because I didn't want one but if I could handle one. I don't just have a girlfriend for the sake of having one, but to have a serious long term relationship with. My parents also wanted me to marry someone specific in terms of their qualities, and to this day they're oblivious.
But at the end of the day I had made my mind.
To my surprise, she asked me again if I loved her, and when she asks you a second time you know this woman REALLY loved you.
So I stealed my mind, and said what I wanted.

Yes.

And the rest is history.
Hell I still remember her exact response too.

But there's that mushy bit of history for all of you curious.

Unlucky_Charms (Round 6)'

1. I've gotten pretty good too IMO, who do you think is gonna win? :3 (I'm offering free lessons cuz I know you :CocoWink:)
You probably will. I'm still very much a scrub and a complete newbie to traditional fighting games.

2. Also what's your favourite piece of music from Pokken?
The autumn theme, Pokken Stadium, and of course Magikarp festival are some of my favorites. I need to listen to more of the soundtrack to give more of an opinion.

3. Favourite support set?
Havent unlocked them all but Emolga/Fennekin is reliable as well as Frogadier and Eevee. I need to test out the others to see if they're just as good but I see those two predominately online, though I'm unsure if thats because people haven't unlocked them.

Mr. L (Round 3)

1. I named my Torkoal after you on OmegaRuby. Thoughts?
Very flattered. Thank you :CocoWink:

2. Are you hype for Bowser vs Ganon in the next Death Battle?
Just heard of this now but that does sound pretty damn hype.
I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it is [Even if I'm a bit bitter on Goku vs Superman and Toph vs Gaara]
Gaara had way more to him that they didn't even cover and the final blow to him was pretty damn BS >.>

3. If you could change one thing, be it appearance, ability or a specific stat on a single Awesomenaut, what would you change?
I'd get rid of Ksenia's socks (Mostly kidding).
Realistically stat wise or ability wise in terms of inherent abilities I wouldn't change much off the top of my head.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:25 pm 

With the increase of stats to the Awesomenauts, the characters now stand in line with other MOBAs. Who would win a Death Battle between Clunk vs Blitzcrank?

Have you ever played the Trauma Center series?

Do you have 100% Orange Juice?

If you could have your say in the creation of a video game, but only being able to affect one thing about the game, what would you want implemented? (you can provide different answers for different genres)

If you had a machine that could print out, make real or bring to life any picture of anything you put through it, what would you print?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 am 

Eww death battle :weedling:
(Cool concept IMO but in all reality it isn't very accurate IMO)

And trust me, my Chandelure will build the greatest wall you've ever seen (and Pika-bre will be there for clean-up :P)

Just for clarification, IMO the best set is Cress/Resh but with Whim/Jirar, Roto/Toge and Emol/Fenn being pretty good too

How seriously do you think you or other people are gonna take Pokken?

Smash or Pokken? (or any other Nintendo fighter games you can think of)

Opinions on Kirby? Do we need a monstah to clobbah dat der Kirbbeh?

Favourite ideology or concept?

Craziest invention in your opinion?

Most unnecessary invention in your opinion?

Most useful invention in your opinion?

Do you like the taste of beer? (If you get where this question comes from then have a cookie)

What's your biggest fear?

What do you think is the worst thing that could happen to you right now?

If you had to lose one of your most treasured things in the world what would you lose?

What is worse, amnesia of you/a loved one, insanity of you/a loved one or loss of your own life/of a loved one

What is the hardest emotion to get through?

Weirdest game to exist in your opinion?

Favourite forumer besides Catti? (as she'd obv be no.1 :P)

Opinion on LGBTQ? (IDK if it comes under Politics/Religion so skip if it does)

Most touching scene in a Mario game?

Most touching thing you've read/seen?

Steam

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:44 am 

Quote:
I never told Cat this, but if "The Bullfrog" was ever serious and went over to her house, I was ready to ask a good friend of mine to stay in the area if he ever came to act as an invisible bodyguard.

now im glad we're engaged :lol:

Fun time, name a random OTHER secret you've kept from me that you can tell me now with zero context?

All time favorit mon but excluding anything from Gens 1 and 3 as options. [cause i know your fav babe :CocoWink: ]

After you've been trained in editing, do you read the world diffrently? :huh:

Quote:
Opinions on Kirby

What if i told you Kirby was one of the few insprations of sheepi honey?
AND BOBOBO?
Dose that change the charater to you?

Who's the best babe? :kiss: vs :rae:

Whats a Mario kart power up you'd love to see in the kart games and how would it work?

Favorit competitive smash player?

Top 3 bowser minions of all time and why [it could souly be from visual looks.]

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!