Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Game crashing after Save & Play
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 pm 

Apparently I seem to be the only one with this problem, haven't seen any threads related to this.
Case is, I start it up from Steam. No matter what resolution or graphic details I try, it still crashes and my computer freezes. I tried also starting it in windowed mode. There I get a window that's white and when clicked, the same thing all over again. First the game freezes then my computer freezes. Never had any problems with any other games until this and it's quite frustrating. I finished S&S on PS3 months ago and loved it. I'm kind of starting to want my money back to be honest.

Post subject: Re: Game crashing after Save & Play
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:36 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Have you tried Steam's "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" button? Several people had the same issue in the past couple of days and that fixed it for them.

You can find the button by right clicking on Swords & Soldiers in your Steam game library, then click "Properties", then choose the "Local settings" tab and the click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:16 pm 

Nope, didn't do anything for me. Still does the same, game freezes, computer freezes, I have to reboot.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Ow, wow, computer freezes? That's a different error than I was thinking of! What kind of videocard do you have, and have you installed the latest drivers?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm 

I had HD4850 x2 in Crossfire(Yes with up to date drivers), gonna give it another go with the new GTX570 I got.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:01 pm 

Oh wow, it actually started and is working finely. Apparently the cause of crash might've been either the HD4850's themselves or that they were in crossfire. I dont know. But it seems to work fine with the GTX570.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:10 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Weird! But good to hear it works now! 8-)