Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Keep your lousy army
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:43 pm 

I need help with this one, i have 22 achievements and this is one of the 3 i don't have.. :(

Also, why isnt there an alternate ending for pity the fool?

Post subject: Re: Keep your lousy army
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 pm 

First, you obviously have to stop the catapult attack and not take control of the Vikings :P .

What I did then is take the upper path and slowly advance from there claiming the two towers spots. Having to statues there provided some much needed support to contain the massive waves of ennemies. It took me quite some time to get to the Vikings castle, fighting waves after waves, with the CPU sometimes spamming spells like crazy. After a while, the enemies started losing ground more and more (I guess the CPU had spend most of its huge supplies of mana) and I was able to advance and win the map. It took me around 44 minutes to beat :monkey: .

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:58 pm 

Ripburger wrote:
First, you obviously have to stop the catapult attack and not take control of the Vikings :P .

What I did then is take the upper path and slowly advance from there claiming the two towers spots. Having to statues there provided some much needed support to contain the massive waves of ennemies. It took me quite some time to get to the Vikings castle, fighting waves after waves, with the CPU sometimes spamming spells like crazy. After a while, the enemies started losing ground more and more (I guess the CPU had spend most of its huge supplies of mana) and I was able to advance and win the map. It took me around 44 minutes to beat :monkey: .

Nice :p how many achievements do you have ? :o

I think i can get all in a few hours :)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:10 am 

The first key to this achievement is killing the viking horde of catapults etc.
This is done for me by the only way i can see possible:
rush up the tech tree straight for boulder spell, building nothing.
so jaguar - sun giant -boulder spell.
then as you wait for mana, you can build a sun giant and buy sacrifice to get mana quicker.
Only just get to launch a boulder in time to wipe them out.
If you do it right, there won't be a cutscene where you take over the vikings.
If any of their units get a couple of metres past your tower (if it dies thats okay)
then the cutscene will trigger. you need to stop that.
boulder is the only way i can see that horde being wiped with such limited time/money.

Then, fight your way through the hard hordes of enemies as best you can. tough time but i made it in the end and if you finish the achievement is yours.
i took the low roads while held ground with towers, took me 26 mins, seemed like an eternity.