Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: What does "AI difficuilty" do?
 Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 pm 

Hi, everyone.

I just downloaded this game from WiiWare for the purpose of playing it with my brother, and after having tried the first Viking-level, we entered the Skirmish mode to try and familiarize ourselves with the controls.

Anyways, I'm wondering what the "AI-difficuilty" -tab does? Obviously, it makes the AI-player more difficuilt; but how, exactly? At first we tried on "Easy", on a small level. We won right away, without much of a challenge. Then we jumped to "Hard", on one of the largest levels and pretty much got utterly massacered instantly. :D

So I was wondering how it gets harder? Does it simply cheat its way into getting more gold and mana than you do, or does it rather react better and smarter than before?

Post subject: Re: What does "AI difficuilty" do?
 Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:41 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Quote:
Anyways, I'm wondering what the "AI-difficuilty" -tab does? Obviously, it makes the AI-player more difficuilt; but how, exactly? At first we tried on "Easy", on a small level. We won right away, without much of a challenge. Then we jumped to "Hard", on one of the largest levels and pretty much got utterly massacered instantly

Actually, Jasper is our S&S AI progenitor but I'll try to answer your question. The difference in difficulty is because the hard AI reacts faster to your moves than the easy AI and generally makes better use of its gold.

That said, being slaughtered by the hard AI isn't embarassing. Hard AI is supposed to be very difficult to beat, but it's definately possible. Once you have beaten all matchups in skirmish vs hard AIs you can claim rights to calling yourself pro-S&S-skeelz-skirmish-commander, and that's a badge you wear with honor! (come to think of it, we should've made an ingame achievement out of that, damn!)
:monkey:

currently working on:
UI, daily missions, brawls

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm 

Cool, (except for the swearing part...)

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:39 pm 

olivier wrote:
Once you have beaten all matchups in skirmish vs hard AIs you can claim rights to calling yourself pro-S&S-skeelz-skirmish-commander, and that's a badge you wear with honor! (come to think of it, we should've made an ingame achievement out of that.

Maybe 4 the next S&S 2: Battle in Time. ;)

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:31 pm 

Ah. Good to know. Thanks. :)