Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Lost Vikings achievement
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:27 pm 

Has anyone managed to get this one? I guess it's the last one in the list for a reason because it seems like the hardest to get by far.

It's the one for (spoilers?) finishing level 8 in the Chinese campaign without killing any berserkers before they're sacrificed. The level's easy if you kill them all, and still doable even if you miss one or two, but if you let him kill all three it's almost as if he gets infinite gold and mana, and he totally destroys you.

If you've managed to get it please share how :p

Post subject: Re: Lost Vikings achievement
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm 

Though,i dont have the game yet (damned U.S never got it yet.Seriously,the U.S is being skipped now.First Onslaught came late for us,and now the biggest game ive been tracking since the Conduit [S&S]is late)

Anyway,i think you secretly answered your own question.You said its like they have infinate gold and mana,but why not play that game yourself?Conserve your gold and spend it wisely at first,then when the enemy comes by,just bring the heat with buying each of every unit and using good spells to defend.

My main spells would probably be terra cotta (to provide extra back up)arrows (to weaken enemies as they get close)yin yang (to give more extra soldiers when needed)and of course the dragon

Last edited by FalcoVet101 on Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:49 pm 

build rocketeers as much you can and sometimes a zenmaster, use allways arrow rain and terracotta army in combination when the cooldown is over.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:08 am 

As FalcoVet101 said, try not moving too fast so you can get has much resources and mana as you can. Also try to send only what you need to take care of each wave that comes after a Berserker dies.

If you've conserved your gold and mana well enough, you should be able to put up a really good fight after all Vikings have been sacrificed.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:33 am 

The best thing to do is to spam ying yang of zen masters. Also start moving earlier so that you are near his base before the last viking is sacrificed.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm 

I did it, only I don't know how. :lol:
I was just playing the level and when I completed it I got an achievement.

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm 

I think I sort of cheated but at least I got it :p

I managed to time it perfectly and reached the first and second berserkers right when they were sacrificed (At that point I also stopped making new units), then I rushed to the last one and got him to start walking with some arrow rain while my units took the bottom path past him and to the enemy base. Because I stopped making new units he didn't get killed, and I destroyed the base right between the last sacrifice and the start of the endless Sun Giants :D