Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: Why is there no ONLINE play????
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:09 pm 

This is a message to Ronimo.

I would really like to know why this game doesn't have any kind of online multiplayer.

And it isn't just S&S, for some unknown reason most developers choose to avoid Nintendo WiFi at all costs.

So, is it insanely difficult to program online for the Wii?? Or are developers being too bone idle to make online??

When I first saw this game I thought it looked awesome. I was excited about its release and was intent on purchasing it...until I realised the lack of online.

It is such an irratating thing that no-one makes online games!! Especially as they made split-screen local multiplayer...how hard can it be to port that to online multiplayer?!?!?!

Ronimo if you have the time please reply.

Post subject: Re: Why is there no ONLINE play????
 Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:47 pm 

Well it's Nintendo not Xbox (who seems bent on makeing evry single game have some kind of online play) and implementing online play is not as easy as you might think.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:21 pm 

If it had online play, it wouldn't be out for another 6-9 months.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 am 

Ronimo does NOT want people breathing down their neck for online play.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:33 pm 

Romino's not a big company. I believe that right now they have 1 or 2 programers total (correct me if i'm wrong romino). For a small team of few people to make a game like this work online, it'd take months or years for the game to come out.

However, i wouldn't mind an internet version of the game you could play online, but only available through the achievement code (that way, you actually have to buy the real game to play it)

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:10 pm 

IF the game had online play it would be crap, not becuase ronimo would make it crap but becuase nintendo has strict rules on online play with all the freind codes n no comunication, but this is what I dont get, Anyone above the age of say, 10 would be safe talking to strangers on the internet if they have common sense, and if you did'nt want to let your kids talk to strangers then why not just put parental controls on?
Then again- XBL kids :evil: :evil: :evil: evil

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:05 am 

I realize that Nintendo aren't XBL, but come on...

I really want to buy this game but I just can't spend money on a game that doesn't have the features I want.

Even if they promised they'd update the game with online in 9months I would buy it straight away

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 am 

ckm2002 wrote:
Romino's not a big company. I believe that right now they have 1 or 2 programers total (correct me if i'm wrong romino). For a small team of few people to make a game like this work online, it'd take months or years for the game to come out.

However, i wouldn't mind an internet version of the game you could play online, but only available through the achievement code (that way, you actually have to buy the real game to play it)

I agree completely. And i really hate the XBL kids. Those 12 year olds that think they're cool by swearing and screaming really * me off(excuse me). I can't play Halo at my friends house anymore because of those little posers.... Also, the thing about online play is that WiiWare has a certain limit about how much you can put into the game. There's already plenty of content for a WiiWare game, and not having online play doesn't really bother me. but what i don't understand is why gaming companies haven't discovered the great uses of WiiSpeak yet. It's already been out half a year, and only one game utilizes its use!! At least until the Conduit comes out

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:25 pm 

However much XBL kids annoy you, a simple mute system would have resolved that problem easily.

And, no matter how much content is in a single player, it is always a finite amount of game time.

What gives games an infinite game time is online multiplayer, because of its replay-ability.

I agree with you though Ginja, that WiiSpeak isn't used often enough.

Woo, go the conduit!

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:22 pm 

To start,whats XBL mean?lol

Also,im not a fan of wii speak.I like to play shooting games online mostly,and i would hate it if people in the game swore,and EVERYONE else in the room could hear it,or if your having a personal conversation,then again EVERYONE could hear it.

I REALLY hope a headset comes out soon,since i think nintendo F'd up the whole voice chat system on wii right now.

And Wo0T!!! For the Conduit.Also,High Voltage (developers of the conduit)announced "The Grinder" which is the wii's version of left for dead.So we know its going to have 4 player co-op online,and great graphics (has the quantum 3 engine used for conduit)and etc.So cant wait for that either