Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Totalbiscuit's 2015 Awards and Top 10 of 2015
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:14 pm 

Before I'll get to the point, can I just agree with every single thing that Catti said in her bigger post? Everytime I wanna post something you are literally reading my brain, stop that.. or not, you at least put things into words nicely :aylaroll:
Alpha Z wrote:
Popcioslav wrote:
Also, why people still hate certain games JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE POPULAR?! :facepalm:

Why do people who love a thing assume this is the only reason anyone could possibly dislike the thing in question?

Anyways, do people have thoughts about any of the other games in TB's awards and top 10? Because while I haven't watched them yet, I'm gonna go ahead and assume his videos weren't "Undertale Undertale Undertale", and we already have an Undertale thread on the front page.

Well, about 70% of people spreading hate on Undertale I've met are people just being 'Tumblr likes it' and stuff. There are people who dislike the game for various reason and while I feel sad for them, I can accept their opinion and even agree on their points. Jesse is great example, he hates Undertale, he thinks it's just a trend that will pass on, I don't agree, but I do agree that this game is very linear and it could have been better in that, while still having 3 route system.

Again, if you read my entire post you'd know I do hate some parts of that game, again, F*ck Ruins, I know it's the most simple area people use to promote this game and it sets tone that next areas break, but it also sets the standards of this game really low. I've seen tons of people who NEVER FINISHED Undertale after getting through Ruins and I can't blame them. Besides some jokes, Tori and appearences of Napsta and of course Flowey, it's the area which I feel could have been better, even if it was just a demo area. Also the way you enter Genocide should have been handled better as well as well as Soulless path went.

On topic of awards and choices, I liked some surprises, like Overwatch being no. 1 for some people and Sunless Sea as well as Renowned Explorers getting some love. These two games are pretty awesome and I can't wait to experience full versions of them by myself.

Also I wish Gravity Ghost and Pillars of Eternity could have get a bit more recognition. Again, have yet to experience both games fully and PoE already got a lot of it, but just seeing LPs of them is awesome.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:50 pm 

Say no to SAM wrote:
-Seriously, why are you not lawyer?-

You are about to see why

Quote:
Bla bla bla
ignoring core spiff i said before
idk if i didnt talk it out well or if you didnt read it well enough
but

Do you see what I mean here?

*Deep breath in*

*Deep breath out*

The pice of media does not truly matter.
You can hate something
or love something
but the things that we are arguing over right now ARE NOT overated.

You want to know a game that IS overrated?
YOU WANT TO KNOW A GAME THAT IS OVERRATED!?
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A GAME THAT IS OVERRATED???
YOU ARE USING THAT WORD WRONG SO JUST STOP!

Reifiui wrote:
Catti is the forumer that we need, but don't deserve

I'm open to art Commissions!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:51 pm 

when Catti loses it

[Art thread]
catgame21234 wrote:
welcome to Catti BSing how to shade

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:58 pm 
Adminaut

:think:

I'm sorry, but you cannot use Bad Rats to make a point in this scenario. No one actually likes the game for what it is. It's a joke. It's a meme. People know it's horrid. It's something they rate positive for craps and laughs. Unless of course, you find memes in general overrated, in which case I will actually agree with you. :CocoWink:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:00 pm 

See, there's a reason why Catti is in the S-for-S**tpost tier on my forumers tier list that I totally keep track of. :shady:
Between her art posts, s**tposts and lawyer portfolio™ posts, how could I not.

Steam | Discord Tag: Mes#5930
Yes, hello.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm 

I spoke on the level of you savages, and I hope you appreciate it.

It felt dirty making that post.

dem dank memes tho

Also I saw your post stum that you deleted. You cant hide from me.

Reifiui wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:00 am 

Overrated is weird to explain.
People give games ratings from 0/1 to whatever number they so chose, usually 10.
Overrated is something along the lines of many people and official game reviewers rate a game too large of a score for something that isn't as deserving as it should be.
Of course it's subjective, it's an opinionated thing. At least, up to a certain degree. The majority of people are claiming that UnderTale is like, as TB said, a "second coming of Jesus, or so it's been praised as" kind of thing. It's good, but it's not perfect. Another thing that TB said is that "it's gameplay is repetitive, but that could be said for all RPGs and why should we have to point out UnderTale for that" I honestly do not agree with that last part. Not all RPGs are repetitive in various ways and if UnderTale was branching out already, why couldn't have Toby made the Gameplay branch out as well? Pokemon and a bunch of other roguelike RPGs do this well. Pokemon gives you the option to use any kind of party members you like up to a maximum of 6 out of a total of now 721 Pokemon. The only time the game actually branches out itself is with it's boss fights, and that's with any of the boss fights. But if you go through the game after having completed everything and read all the main dialogue, it ends up not being what a game should be really; which is a fun game. That's the risk that all story-heavy games have to take, and UnderTale falls under this trap. That's why I think this game is overrated, because people aren't normally seeing the faults that this game has. If you want a game developer to get better and better as time progresses, you have to give constructive criticism. Every game has it's faults. Just about every game.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:29 am 

Say no to SAM wrote:
catgame21234 wrote:

Pretty sure she is last time I checked

(just not the cool one) Image

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:42 am 

Alpha Z wrote:
:think:

I'm sorry, but you cannot use Bad Rats to make a point in this scenario. No one actually likes the game for what it is. It's a joke. It's a meme. People know it's horrid. It's something they rate positive for craps and laughs. Unless of course, you find memes in general overrated, in which case I will actually agree with you. :CocoWink:

I think the point being made was that the game has received 'mostly positive' reviews, despite being quite possibly the worst game I've ever seen. It is literally overrated.

Yes, everyone knows it's trash, but it has literally been rated above what it should be. Not in a 'in my opinion this isn't as good as the average person says it is' kind of way, but in a 'there are no qualities to this piece of media that could possibly allow it to be rated this highly' kind of way.

It's not subjectively overrated, like Frozen/FnaF/Undertale etc., which have legitimate reasons for the praise they receive, and legitimate faults to criticise. Depending on whether you fall on the more critical or more praise-giving side, you will either fall ovver or under the average rating, and will therefore think it is over, under or perfectly rated.

Bad Rats, on the other hand, is objectively overrated. You will not find a single person who thinks it deserves that 'mostly positive' rating.

Back on topic, I really enjoyed the Arbitrary Awards this year. I found myself agreeing with almost everything that TB said, apart from perhaps Best Soundtrack, which I would have to give to Undertale. Megalovania is one of my favourite songs of all time. Having said that, Best Soundtrack is one of the more subjective categories, and I hadn't actually heard the soundtrack of the game that won, so :party:

Oh hang on, Afterbirth has some fantastic music. Maybe that.

bigger is better huehuehue

Post Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:43 am 

Unlucky_Charms wrote:
Say no to SAM wrote:
catgame21234 wrote:

Pretty sure she is last time I checked

(just not the cool one) Image

Reifiui wrote: