Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Release Date and other Questions
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 am 

Hello guys.
Its sad that this forum is always very empty.
But i got some questions.
When will the games be released?
And when will the other character showcases released? I want to see the robotic golem :D
On the Gamescom i forgot to look for Awesomenauts >.< and i was punished that i couldn't play it.

And will there be some updates or even DLCs after the release?

Post subject: Re: Release Date and other Questions
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I guess more people will start posting here once the game has actually been released. :)

We don't have an exact release date yet. We hope somewhere in 2011, but we are still doing bugfixes right now.

I don't know from the top of my head when the next character showcase will be released, but we did a vote for which it would be, and Leon the chameleon won, so that is going to be the next one. So it will be a while before Clunk the robot will get his showcase.

There will indeed be DLCs after release! We will add a couple more Awesomenauts to play with after release (the game will launch with six Awesomenauts). Depending on how the game is doing and what players want we will add more stuff after that. We don't know yet whether the DLC will be paid or free.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 pm 

Thanks for the answer.
I will wait for the game i will buy it instant :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 pm 

Ah i got some more question about the gameplay:

1. Are there Bots(AI) in the game for singleplayer?
2. Can you play with your friends on one Xbox 360/PS3?
3. How long lasts a Awesomenauts round?
4. Can you update your character like HP normal Damage etc?
5. Can we make suggestion for characters, maps etc on this board? :)
6. is there a campaign or achievments?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

1. Yes, there are! They also come in in multiplayer to make the drop-in/drop-out work: if someone leaves, or if a match starts with less than six players, then bots fill in their places until a new human player joins in.

2. Jups, up to three player splitscreen. So you can go online as a complete team! 8-)

3. Usually something like 10 to 20 minutes.

4. Yes. During a match you gold Solar coins and you can spend those in the in-game shop to upgrade your character. We have all kinds of upgrades, like speed, health and damage but also things that really change what a weapon is used for. At the end of a match, you are way stronger than at the beginning.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:04 pm 

i added two more question :D
5. Can we make suggestion for characters, maps etc on this board? :)
6. is there a campaign or achievments?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 am 
Ronimo Team Member

5. You can always make suggestions. I cannot promise you we will actually do all of them, though... ;)

6. There is no campaign, but there is a tutorial with a bit of story, and there are achievements. Also, unlocking everything in your summoner profile is like a long-term campaign: you constantly get new upgrades to try out in the next match and such.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am 

And more question xD
7. What stats are in the game and what can you buy at the shop?
8. Are there unique Upgrades/Items? in the shop for every awesomenaut?
9. How many Spells has a Awesomenaut? :D
10. Has the Towers detection against the invisible awesomenauts?
11. For example is Clunk a tank who got much health but does lower dmg than other awesomenauts
12. What about feeder/leaver in the game who destroys the fun for the other?
13. Are there Buffs or auras for your team in the game?
14. You said that you can lvl up or upgrade your profile.
For example if i play as a lvl 1 against a lvl 10 enemy did he got high bonuses because of the additional upgrades? Will it be balanced?

I think that was all xD after that im going to make an awesomenaut suggestion =)
sry for my english im german :P

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 am 
Ronimo Team Member

7. At the shop you can unlock the 2 special attacks for the selected Awesomenaut. Once unlocked you can upgrade those attacks, some upgrades can be bought more than once to stack the effect. You can also buy general upgrades such as health|healthregen|speed upgrades etc. and you can upgrade different parts of your main gun.
8. Only the general items are shared between the Awesomenauts. All the other upgrades are unique. In total there are 18 unique items per Awesomenaut (6 for special attack, 6 for special attack 2 and 6 for main gun)
9. Every Awesomenaut has 2 special attacks, a movement ability and a main attack.
10. Towers can't see through stealth, but once you attack you will be decloaked. In stealth you will be able to get hit from either direct damage and AOE.
11. Yup, he is a tank, although you can upgrade different parts of him to make him into a burst damage dealer or lifestealing brawler. His self explode is one of the highest damage dealing abilities in the game.
12. Feeding is less destructive in Awesomenauts as it is in DoTa or LoL, because the game is more reliant on skill than upgrades/level. Although, fighting against a character which is 5-10 levels higher is quite difficult. As for leaving, we have a drop in/drop out system which allows players to leave at any time (you will get a penalty for leaving: no Solargain the next time you win a game) at that point the game will add a bot to the team with the average level of the team. If the game finds a new player, it will replace the bot, giving it the average level (level = amount of gold / 100) of the team. If you are playing alone against bots, the game will keep searching for better games (games with more players in them), if it finds one you will be asked if you want to move to the other game.
13. Buffs and auras are not implemented at this moment, but it's definitely something we want to add in at a later date.
14. Every Solar coin you pick up in the game will be added to your main account as XP at the end of a game. You get bonusses for winning, playing with friends and choosing a random Awesomenaut to fight with. At level up you will either get a new item to choose in your loadout or a new Awesomenaut. Higher level players have more items to choose from in their loadout, so they are not more powerfull, but only have more variety.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:49 am 

Omg!!! i REALLY REALLY CANT WAIT FOR THIS!!! I have a question (and sry for my bad english, im from argentina btw =D)
1. Can u fight against ur friends locally?
2. The AIs ur making have many difficults? = this question is becouse i played dota 3 years and sometimes i trained against bots and, when u played like 54 times u already know the mechanics... Its like u will always win becouse u have the human brain ^^. I really enjoyed playing with my friends against bots, But its like we always win =) thats why i asked this question :)
3. Ronimo teams ur awesome creators. Im so proud of ur new mechanics in games if u know what i mean =D, like sword and soldiers.. There are like 1294843 strategies from each class, My friends and i never got bored playing all day!! And this MOBA 2d Game OHHHH MY!!
4. I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED U TO TELL ME WHEN ITS GOING TO BE ON PSN!!! I JUST WANT TO BUY IT AND NEVER EVER GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AGAIN =D PLS!! when is it going to come out!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????