Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:32 pm 

Joost wrote:
Like in League of Legends, we have both. :D

-In-game you level and buy upgrades, and you start again from scratch in the next match.
-Between games you have an account where you unlock more heroes and upgrades for in your loadout.

ah Ok! Then im with you.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 pm 

Can someone draw me a Drunken Mane? haha :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am 

I really feel like making a awesomenaut suggestion. Though we have the monkey :monkey: already, so ill have to do plan B. :(

Still, something a Dev can maybe answer...what is the overall theme and feel you want for your awesomenauts, because i have a few idea's? In terms of art.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I guess the existing characters show the overall feel quite well: crazy, over-the-top, science-fiction, cartoony, space.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm 

ok, thanks for the reply! I thinking i am going to go for a plant or insect theme suggestion. :)

On the side note: just to make such i understand the upgrade/shop system, does it work as following:

4v3
Spell 1, three upgrades for spell one?
Spell 2, three upgrades for spell two?
attack/mobility "jump" upgrade?
the last row is basic upgrades that all the Awesomenauts?

I really want to go all out on my suggestions, but i have to make sure i understand the shop system well enough. lol

ps. I support bears in space. :P

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Almost right! The third row has upgrades for the basic attack (gun/melee/heal/laser depending on the character). The fourth row has health, mobility, and money upgrades.

And besides the three upgrades in each row, there are three more in that row. So there are six in every row. Before the match starts, you have to pick 3 from each row, and those three are available for buying during the match.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:32 am 

Joost wrote:
Almost right! The third row has upgrades for the basic attack (gun/melee/heal/laser depending on the character). The fourth row has health, mobility, and money upgrades.

And besides the three upgrades in each row, there are three more in that row. So there are six in every row. Before the match starts, you have to pick 3 from each row, and those three are available for buying during the match.

Has any of your recent videos shown/demonstrated that system? If i understand it, it sounds like every row as six options and you pick 3 for each row before the game starts. So wait...if my math is correct... that means each character will have 6 total options for every row (all 4 rows?!?!) and an total of 24 upgrades for each character?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 am 

david12596 wrote:
Has any of your recent videos shown/demonstrated that system? If i understand it, it sounds like every row as six options and you pick 3 for each row before the game starts. So wait...if my math is correct... that means each character will have 6 total options for every row (all 4 rows?!?!) and an total of 24 upgrades for each character?

just saw a great interview that shows upgrades screen starts around 9:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTncguI1zEw

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Indeed, 24 upgrades per class. The bottom six are the same for all classes, though, so 18 unique upgrades per class, and 6 generic upgrades that all characters share (related to health/speed/money).

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 pm 

Joost wrote:
Indeed, 24 upgrades per class. The bottom six are the same for all classes, though, so 18 unique upgrades per class, and 6 generic upgrades that all characters share (related to health/speed/money).

Dam you guys really let yourself go! lol

Now i really can't wait to play! Hopefully its comes out when I have spring break from my collage.