Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

c4lvitron wrote:
Please don't abandon us console people. Once a game gets to pc, we usually get left in the dust (See Monday Night Combat)

We really want to support all versions. Obviously it depends on many things, but rest assure our intention is to keep supporting both console versions and PC/Mac versions.

Thane wrote:
Looking forward to it, although I would not be able to run it on this current laptop,

We have worked hard to get the pc requirements down as low as possible. The game will have a low and medium graphics setting: The minimum requirements will be around the following (take in account that we still need to test this and these are NOT final yet.)

Minimum requirements
Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
Processor with two or more cores
2gb RAM
600mb free harddisk space
Ati or Nvidia videocard with at least 256mb video memory, or Intel GMA 950 or newer.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:48 pm 

Questions:
1. Will the PC share Matches/profiles with Xbox or PS3? (I’m assuming not, but worth asking)
2. Are you going to allow Moding?
3. Is there going to be Controller support?
4. Since it will be playable on Windows 8, will it be playable on Tablets? Touch support?

PSN: D4V33D05 (the 0 is a zero)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 pm 

Awesome. I'll be buying as many copies as I can afford for all of my friends.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 pm 

Fabian wrote:
Intel GMA 950

Fabian wrote:
Intel GMA 950

Are you serious? I can run a Steam game from my 2006 macbook!? I mean, it runs acceptably!?

I, uhh...

I love you

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 am 

Ronimo you just made my brain explode. Thank you.

I bought it on PS3 but there's no way I'm not getting it on PC! I have lots of friends who are mainly pc gamers that have been dying for this, THANK YOU!!!

I am going to record so many videos!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:58 am 

Fabian wrote:
c4lvitron wrote:
Please don't abandon us console people. Once a game gets to pc, we usually get left in the dust (See Monday Night Combat)

We really want to support all versions. Obviously it depends on many things, but rest assure our intention is to keep supporting both console versions and PC/Mac versions.

:lol: im waiting to say i knew it or i told you so

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 am 

this is HUUUUUGE SUCCESS for MOBA players everywhere!! now ill have LoL (classic), SMITE (3rd Person), and this (2D platformer) when i want to play some good games with friends and i want to try something different with the same genre. all i can say is im thrilled yall did this and now there is NO EXCUSE this game shouldnt have the audience it deserves and thats what this is all about.

i know consoles are great, i love them too as much as the next guy. but steam and PC give yall more breathing room to update and add characters at your leisure without too much out of pocket expense. so now i hope to see some big games going on in Twitch when this game launches on Steam. hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am 

Yeah...call me pessimistic, but i feel the ease of updating on PC and the difficulty of updating on console will mean the death of this game on consoles...

At the very least, the PC will get many more patchs and characters, much faster, which will effectively mean anyone taking the game seriously has to have it on PC.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the concept of a "Console MOBA"

Im happy for PC gamers and all, but the implications of this spell doom for the console versions, which are the initial fanbase / target audience.

The wait time for new characters and bug fixes that the PC "already has" at any given time will be more agonizing than the current wait for this coming patch. You know, that assumes that they even transfer everything the PC version will get, which i doubt.

This is terrible news for console players.

I pray that im wrong....but this seems like the most likely scenario.

EDIT: Call me selfish, but the day i have to torture myself by reading discussion on characters/patchs that ONLY the PC version has, is the day i stop contributing to this wonderful community

-Auburok on balancing Derpl

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 am 

Assassinine wrote:
Yeah...call me pessimistic, but i feel the ease of updating on PC and the difficulty of updating on console will mean the death of this game on consoles...

Yeah, I'm not pessimistic either, but the games that promised continual support on consoles never really fulfilled that promise.

Prove me wrong, though, Ronimo!

Awesomenauts Guitar Covers

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 am 

I wouldn't blame them if they did, I would completely understand and it wouldn't really be their fault, it's more Microsoft/Sony's fault for being so damn awkward and pricey.