Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 am 
Ronimo Team Member

About cross platform play between PS3-PC we need special approval from Sony for that, it is not something we can just do. Even if we would get the approval, it would require a HUGE amount of work to change the backend to facilitate cross platform play. So although we love the idea, I don't believe we will be able to make it possible.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:44 pm 

Fabian wrote:
About cross platform play between PS3-PC we need special approval from Sony for that, it is not something we can just do. Even if we would get the approval, it would require a HUGE amount of work to change the backend to facilitate cross platform play. So although we love the idea, I don't believe we will be able to make it possible.

If you could balance the PS3 players and PC players, this would be a good idea, but seeing as you're using the mouse on PC, wouldn't that give an unfair advantage over PS3 gamers? ):
This would be a cool feature, if it doesn't mean that you'd get slaughtered by PC gamers!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm 

Cross platform play wont happen for the same reason cross platform play was abandoned for counterstrike: global offensive.....

Also the same reason that the console version will slowly suffer once the PC version is released.

PC patchs quickly and easily
Consoles are costly to patch, and take forever to get QA tested and approved

Case in point, how long has the patch been ready to go? About a month now, a little less?

-Auburok on balancing Derpl

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:53 pm 

I am pretty much in line with the other pessimists, the console versions are going to suffer. Maybe not for a while though as the new characters are going to hit.

You should totally give us a discount with proof of purchase from xbla/psn or something. Not that I haven't gotten my money's worth, though. As it is I am going to fool myself into thinking I am paying $10 for the new characters. :P

Please include good gamepad support as I really cannot imagine playing this with a mouse. ..If you want to give me an option to disable ingame chat (didn't need it before, don't want it now) that would be glorious.

With that said, I am really excited for you guys! I think this is a good move. I think you have a good thing going on when your fans weigh in on this thread to say "Well I already bought it and that sucks, but I love you guys so I'm going to buy it again."

If my q6600 and radeon 6870 run this at a good clip I'll be all over it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 pm 

That's just about it! I can't take it anymore, if this game is coming to pc/mac I'm just going to have to get a decent pc/mac, I've always preferred games ran inside a competent OS, just makes everything so much more convenient, particularly player interaction. What I wouldn't give to just somehow communicate to the Yuri player to stop running about, leave some mines in a spot and let me tongue people into them, or tell the Clunk not to run away from Yuri's speed bubble, "I need help" doesn't seem to get strategies or ideas across very well.

EDIT: Well yeah, I've got a microphone, but it's awful and it only sends half my messages, I don't like using it much.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm 

This is, well, AWESOME. Expect me to be among the first in line for buying the game again. And I'll probably be hyping it up like hell in the meantime. Controllers like my fight-pad will still work, right?

I'm also pessimistic about the fate of the console versions due to the Aggro-Crag that is the patching process. As seen before, the chances are slim to none that it'll survive, but I'd absolutely love to be wrong on this one.

---Poverty Mode...DEFEATED.---
---Weapon of Mass Diztruction---

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 pm 

DemonDiz wrote:
This is, well, AWESOME. Expect me to be among the first in line for buying the game again. And I'll probably be hyping it up like hell in the meantime. Controllers like my fight-pad will still work, right?

I'm also pessimistic about the fate of the console versions due to the Aggro-Crag that is the patching process. As seen before, the chances are slim to none that it'll survive, but I'd absolutely love to be wrong on this one.

If the consoles can still get updates form time to time,like each 2 months, form the old version to the current PC version, it will be fine by me.

Id just hate to see the console have 8 characters wen the current version in the PC have...16? Hopefully it wont come to that.

More to come...

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 am 

I am fairly worried by this news, since, while I am happy for my PC gamers, this generally means the death of consoles, since Microsoft and Sony are run by robots who run on money.

I'll definitely check out if my computer can run it, I have far more friends on the Xbox, who are already saddened by the update times (some of them are very impatient)

GT:selkie210

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:57 pm 

well i don't play on pc that much, but i think i could get this version to support the developers, i just hope they won't forget\abandon the console version.
too bad cross platform is such a pain to make happen though :(

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 am 

HaohmaruHL wrote:
well i don't play on pc that much, but i think i could get this version to support the developers, i just hope they won't forget\abandon the console version.
too bad cross platform is such a pain to make happen though :(

Same. At the very least I'll buy it to support Ronimo out. Still... the idea of faster patches sounds quite good... to the point that I'm sure many of us may flock to the PC edition.