Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts is coming to PC & Mac!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 am 

I loved the console version and have logged easily over 100 hours, I can't wait for the mac version. I will definitely throw my money at it and I'll tell my friends to do the same.

Thank you Ronimo, you guys are awesome!

\( ゚▽゚)/・・・・・・ ―(T_T)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:08 pm 

I knew it was coming to PC. So glad I waited for this.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 pm 

Triple dip~

Looking forward to playing on my Mac. I don't use a PC that often, so don't use it for games much.

I just hope they don't drop the console version support. I know it's more tedious to update on consoles, but that's kind of a foreseeable problem when you choose the platforms. So when a developer drops support, it's annoying. *looks at Dungeon Defenders* Not that I expect them to do all the events, but at least the new characters... but no.

Whatever, I'll wait and see what happens. No use worrying about it unless they give me reason to worry about it.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:22 pm 

Elvick wrote:
Triple dip~

Looking forward to playing on my Mac. I don't use a PC that often, so don't use it for games much.

I just hope they don't drop the console version support. I know it's more tedious to update on consoles, but that's kind of a foreseeable problem when you choose the platforms. So when a developer drops support, it's annoying. *looks at Dungeon Defenders* Not that I expect them to do all the events, but at least the new characters... but no.

Whatever, I'll wait and see what happens. No use worrying about it unless they give me reason to worry about it.

They wont drop the Console version support but they will create bigger patches for the console versions because it takes much time for sony and microsoft to bring the patch live.
PC will get faster and smaller patches every week :)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:59 pm 

Well I was reading something the other day regarding Microsoft's 'patching' policy on kotaku on the xbox, and the figure of $40k per patch after your first patch was being thrown around. No wonder developers can't support their players, Microsoft really know how to punish developers, so focused on licensing... Grrr.

Not saying this is an issue for Ronimo of course... just... sheesh. As a small time Indy dev myself, the xbox is definitely not a platform I would ever explore!

Bringing it to Steam is a fantastic idea guys. I have played your xbox version more than I'd like to admit, and will be buying it for the PC the day it comes out (even if I don't play it) just to support ronimo :).

All the best for the future gents!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:04 pm 

Fox Strongbow wrote:
Well I was reading something the other day regarding Microsoft's 'patching' policy on kotaku on the xbox, and the figure of $40k per patch after your first patch was being thrown around. No wonder developers can't support their players, Microsoft really know how to punish developers, so focused on licensing... Grrr.

Not saying this is an issue for Ronimo of course... just... sheesh. As a small time Indy dev myself, the xbox is definitely not a platform I would ever explore!

Bringing it to Steam is a fantastic idea guys. I have played your xbox version more than I'd like to admit, and will be buying it for the PC the day it comes out (even if I don't play it) just to support ronimo :).

All the best for the future gents!

To be fair, the price is the same on PS3. It's quite horrendous when you think about it. $40k doesn't justify any patch ever! I mean, it probably cost Sony/MS less than $1000 just to put up the patch.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am 

Is look amazing, hopefully I will manage to get a key to try it out :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 am 

Fox Strongbow wrote:
To be fair, it costs MS and Sony money to host the patch and distribute it on their network, and it's also incentive to force companies to try to get the game right the first time, so they don't need to patch.

Hopefully, Ronimo figured out how to bypass needing a patch for new content, and will only need to patch for balance on older content, which means they can start using DLC to distribute new content rather than a patch (which allows them to make money and won't cost them the patching fee).

Also, with the PC version, they have a sandbox to play with with patching and balance issues, so when they do patch the console versions, they can do it with a large comunity having already tested things out.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am 

cool!

gonna be getting the PC ver for sure (and very happy ya guys decided to go the Steam route!).

hasn't played the 360 ver in a while (its not the game (of course!), its just that really don't like playing stuff on 360, especially online games). since PC is my preferred platform, can fire Awesomenauts up and play anytime.

hope the PC ver will get a LOTS of updates, more often then the console vers. there's no Microsoft/Sony bossing ya around telling ya you can only offer content once a month while having to pay them $40k to do it.

oh, and is the game gonna has 360 controller support?

and, if there is any in-game voice chat, please give us the option to totally shut it off. dislike voice chat and don't wanna hear other people!

also... please make sure it has PC options/settings. want stuff like Vsync and the like without having to force it thru the drivers (it something don't like doing, like hasing everything on "application controlled").

Last edited by pikachu on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 am 

Elvick wrote:

They tried as hard as they could, but the data limit for patches is too little for them to be able to release the character DLC without segregating DLC owners into being unable to use the characters with those without them. I can't explain it as well as they did, but basically we all must suffer for the sins of Microsoft. This is why I refuse to get an xbox :? Frankly, I'm glad and a little surprised they didn't drop the extra PC support because of it, it makes it more fair that the PC version got released so late because of Microsoft, really! Although that's a little cruel to say to console owners, unfortunately that's just how limiting they are.

Aaaanyhow, it's unlikely the console will be supported as well as the PC version, but Ronimo will probably release the occasional large patch which will bring the console version up to the PC standard. Of course it can't be too frequent what with the tens of thousands of dollar cost of releasing patches on consoles...