Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next

Post subject: Re: A reason to play: Awesomepoints
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:28 pm 

TrentFreeze38 wrote:
make kills give no solar reward.

Being able to push a turret is reward enough, this would encourage people to actually clear droids. :thumb:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 pm 

tourrettturan wrote:
What people don't seem to understand here is that:
Noone can see any flaw in Corpit's idea aside from the time it would take Ronimo not to work on stuff they deem more important.
So the only argument raised against Awesomepoints until now is:
Yes, but my solution is better.
Yes, but other matters are more pressing.

Not many ideas can be accepted on as easily as Corpit's imho.
Most ideas I read in these forums are horrible imho.

This, make your own topics for other things. No one cares if you think X is better this isn't the place for that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:09 pm 

Perfect Idea for this game, Especially for players who are max prestige. This game needs
more content outside from balance updates and characters.

Would work amazingly with the community work shop integration, if it ever exists with in
the Awesomenauts world that is :think:

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HarrysManor

I am the Founder of the Awesomenauts Worldwide Championship.

~HarrysManor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:39 pm 

I'll pay €150,- to Ronimo if they add this. not kidding. this is by far the best idea ever of awesomenauts! Other MoBa games do have these points, and guess what? THEY ARE ADDICTING AS HELL... the problem why i dont play any moba games is that they do not include the 'swag' of Awesomenauts :P

RONIMO PLS ADD THIS!

pls!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:43 am 

We need this, best idea i think I've seen on the forums. Prestige 10 and only play for fun, yet I'm afraid I'll get sick of "playing for the heck of it". Finally something to quell this fear.

:thumb: Huge +1 from me!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 am 

This system sounds great. Also the game that comes to mind when you mention expensive and useless (earnable via grinding, so TF2 doesn't count) visual effects is Halo Reach, the highest tier effect (Inclement Weather, a lightning storm around your Spartan that looked friggin sweet) cost 2 million credits, which took me over a month of non-stop matchmaking to unlock (and I mean almost literally nonstop, I played several hours a day and would often pull near all-nighters on the weekends). Anyone who played Reach during the first portion of its lifespan knows how you got next to nothing in credits per game, so grinding for the higher visual effects then was a real chore (they made it super easy to get credits later lol)

edit: With those weekly challenges this system really is extremely similar to Halo Reach/4 haha

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am 

Gjones18 wrote:
This system sounds great. Also the game that comes to mind when you mention expensive and useless (earnable via grinding, so TF2 doesn't count) visual effects is Halo Reach, the highest tier effect (Inclement Weather, a lightning storm around your Spartan that looked friggin sweet) cost 2 million credits, which took me over a month of non-stop matchmaking to unlock (and I mean almost literally nonstop, I played several hours a day and would often pull near all-nighters on the weekends). Anyone who played Reach during the first portion of its lifespan knows how you got next to nothing in credits per game, so grinding for the higher visual effects then was a real chore (they made it super easy to get credits later lol)

edit: With those weekly challenges this system really is extremely similar to Halo Reach/4 haha

It's no secret that the idea is based on several point-systems in other games. We find them back in shooters, in MMORPG's, Race games and basically every game has it's own variant of it. The visual effects are indeed based Halo Reach, even though the lightning had no real use.. it was so dam cool (I could only afford the confetti :ayla: ). And indeed, Halo Reach also had Daily and Weekly challenges, these worked so good to drag me back into the game. There were days at which I 'just' completed the daily challenges (Especially that Grunt killing-one!)

Now you might ask... why do we want that? Becuase it causes players to play more, and have a reason to play on during a very difficult game. It has been discussed several times, and it looks like a larger playerbase would increase the effectiveness of the matchmaking (Since there would be more 'worthy' opponents to match up to you, you will be less likely to get matched against too strong/weak ones.)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:19 am 

Eh, I guess this is an OKAY ide- HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF BUTTS RONIMO PLEASE THIS IS AMAZING.

This is the biggest +1 I could ever give.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:21 pm 

Fun and Progression are key mechanics in video-games. The past years Ronimo has focussed about 50% of the updates solely on Balance. This has resulted in no growth for the Playerbase. (See Steam Statistics). I would say it is definitly time for a new approach - it's time for the Awesomepoints :D

I wouldn't mind donating a second time if this was added as a kickstarter goal, ronma plx?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:13 pm 

Zold wrote:
Fun and Progression are key mechanics in video-games. The past years Ronimo has focussed about 50% of the updates solely on Balance. This has resulted in no growth for the Playerbase. (See Steam Statistics). I would say it is definitly time for a new approach - it's time for the Awesomepoints :D

I wouldn't mind donating a second time if this was added as a kickstarter goal, ronma plx?

and the other 50% on stratsrtotm.
And, screw making it a kickstarter goal, make it it's own kickstarter!!

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next