Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next

Post subject: Re: A reason to play: Awesomepoints
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 pm 

Alijar wrote:
Zold wrote:
Fun and Progression are key mechanics in video-games. The past years Ronimo has focussed about 50% of the updates solely on Balance. This has resulted in no growth for the Playerbase. (See Steam Statistics). I would say it is definitly time for a new approach - it's time for the Awesomepoints :D

I wouldn't mind donating a second time if this was added as a kickstarter goal, ronma plx?

and the other 50% on stratsrtotm.
And, * making it a kickstarter goal, make it it's own kickstarter!!

The other 50% was actually in more nauts (and skin,but skin are art so it didn't matter)
EDIT: Also why the heck everyone want to kickstart every "complicated" feature.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 pm 

Romeo pls

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 am 

Corpit wrote:
It's no secret that the idea is based on several point-systems in other games. We find them back in shooters, in MMORPG's, Race games and basically every game has it's own variant of it. The visual effects are indeed based Halo Reach, even though the lightning had no real use.. it was so dam cool (I could only afford the confetti :ayla: ). And indeed, Halo Reach also had Daily and Weekly challenges, these worked so good to drag me back into the game. There were days at which I 'just' completed the daily challenges (Especially that Grunt killing-one!)

Now you might ask... why do we want that? Because it causes players to play more, and have a reason to play on during a very difficult game. It has been discussed several times, and it looks like a larger playerbase would increase the effectiveness of the matchmaking (Since there would be more 'worthy' opponents to match up to you, you will be less likely to get matched against too strong/weak ones.)

I didn't mean to imply that the similarity was a bad thing if that's what you were thinking, if anything it's a good thing lol. I was actually among the first to get Inclement Weather when the game was released...if you played in the beginning you might remember that stupid point where the level capped at an extremely low rank like Lt. Colonel or something like that but you could still gain credits and the game would keep track of where your rank WOULD BE if the cap wasn't there; after the cap was raised I skipped from Lt. Colonel Rank 3 to Brigadier Rank 3, just a few thousand credits short of reaching the rank of General, where you could afford Inclement Weather had you not spent a single credit (I didn't spend anything, so I was able to buy it right away and be one of a very small number of people who had the upgrade, at least for a day or two; I don't think I saw more than 5 people with the upgrade besides myself through a couple days of play).

Back to the point, those weekly challenges were great. I ate those Grunt killing challenges up like no one's business. I feel like even now I could pick the game up and boost some challenges and get back into multiplayer (if I had Xbox Live that is lol, no point in buying Live with how much Nauts I play and school eating my time), which I think is an awesome accomplishment for a game that isn't "new" anymore. I seriously think that if a system like this were implemented and, barring the complete death of Awesomenauts (or it turning into a f2p model, which is arguably the same for me) or me quitting videogames completely, I'd have next to no reason to stop playing Awesomenauts. It is that good of a game for me.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am 

This idea is much more fleshed out and realistic than the original Solar Point System (and even that was good). Just a quick thumbs up, nothing more to say. :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I like it! :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 pm 

Fabian wrote:

*GASP*
A dev likes it!
Awesomepoints confirmed for Awesomenauts!!!

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 pm 

Alijar wrote:
Fabian wrote:

*GASP*
A dev likes it!
Awesomepoints confirmed for Awesomenauts!!!

Calm down, Ali. Just because a dev likes it doesn't mean it's going to be a thing anytime soon. :P
(yeah, I'm a buzzkill, sue me.)

That said, YES!

hahahahaha
you're serious aren't you
god dammit

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:49 pm 

Fabian wrote:

That's great honey now IMPLEMENT IT :arrow:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:57 pm 

Wow! A way to play awesomenauts and satiate the skinner-box mentality to points that video games have instilled upon me over all these years! AWESOME.

Seriously though, this is great and well fleshed out. I like the idea of having it based on achievements in game rather than win percentages too. I seriously hope Ronimo is able to implement something this cool. :D

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:29 pm 

there is NO good reason to play awesomenauts currently, and even though this is a great idea, it doesnt make it a reason to play.

nobody should be playing this broke piece of software. If everybody would please just stop playing and force them to do what we want them to do, we would be getting somewhere.

this game will not be fixed by cooperating with ronimo. the developper is not cooperating with us. if you care about this game you will let it die temporarily.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next