Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1242  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 pm 

Leon is very simple to play with a very straight-forward kit with abilities that are always useful. It's why Leon has always managed to maintain a modestly consistent win-rate throughout all the patches.
It's another reason these types of characters are always played by * *. People think it's because "man I'm so good I can still win with low tier characters" when in reality the characters are always mid tier because a pull ability (Leon/Pudge) or high damage output in a good area (every other game I mentioned) is literally always useful.

I don't follow the other games as much but in terms of Pudge he has seen play in almost every tournament DOTA has ever had, but has never been consistently picked. Why? Because he's a niche character. There are some unique strategies you can do with him that people don't expect, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just instalocks Lifestealer and Pudge suddenly becomes worthless. It's the same case with Leon: you can almost always guarentee a kill with the Tongue, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just picks escape characters and starts shooting thin air a lot more while also playing way too close to each-other.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
GuyBrush wrote:
I don't follow the other games as much but in terms of Pudge he has seen play in almost every tournament DOTA has ever had, but has never been consistently picked. Why? Because he's a niche character. There are some unique strategies you can do with him that people don't expect, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just instalocks Lifestealer and Pudge suddenly becomes worthless.

...W-What?

Across the entirety of every league of Dota play, Pudge sports one of the highest (usually the highest) pick rates from the entire hero roster. The "recent" changes to Meat Hook make him easily one of the best hard snowballers in the game, along with everyone's favourite Tresdin, and he's the poster child of the game—along with Lina and Crystal Maiden. I can't see him getting any less viable as a 3rd or 4th position pick with the fresh Strength changes, either, especially when you consider that snowballing potential with Flesh Heap just got buffed.

You can't get more consistent than that. Pudge isn't even that bad anymore, and if you think Lifestealer's going to stop Pudge's unconditional Dismember stun with Rage, I've got bad news for you.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 pm 

Go to fudge pudge forums you fudge pudges. :derp:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:21 pm 

Woah what? This isn't the super smash bros melee thread?
Oh I thought this was the super smash bros melee thread, not the mayonnaise aisle. Oh well.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:05 am 

Most Leon players simply enjoy roleplaying to their heart's content... although i've heard that is a bannable offense so if it happens, report them to the proper dutch authorities.

You just need to land the thing on the other thing in order to win the thing. However, one must also consider there is some counterpick to the thing in order to prevent the thing of getting out of hand. That's pretty much the recap of the MOBA thing, fellow humans.

Btw, are the servers out of whack again? Most of the matches i've had today fluctuated between 200 - 300 ping for the most part so i was wondering if it's just on my end.

PS: fudge is super tasty so, if anything, we should create a forum for that. :scoop:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:09 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I bet you all pick Spectre for solo mid versus Lina.

I can taste your sins. They taste like building Illuminate instead of Chakra Magic.

Hand of Midas is not bought for the gold, people!

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 am 

TLP is preying on the sins of the damned again.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:18 am 

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 am 

muh * leptoop ez leggin meh owt doooren nouts geams boi, maek me mah sed led. :(

Also: Image
Plus a whole bunch of times I got matched with nobody that I left immediately.

EDIT 2: More rank haemorrhaging. I had a few problems on my end with crashes and lag, then I sorted it out, got games like I did today. Usually I don't look at peoples rank as they're not uttlerly disapointing.
Dropped from firmly around 2k to 2.7k with games like these:
Me, L4 teammate, L5 teammate vs 3 L3 enemies.
Lost cause they both fed. Rip rank.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:00 pm 

Played 10/2 as Rocket and 22000+ turret dmg. Still lost. Guess I deserved it for playing Rocket. :shrug:

In one game had a player whose name I dont say since it would be shaming. Lets just say it was hilarious since his name was wannabe-alpha in way "Real Man Who Always Wins", and in the match he ragequits in 3 mins lol. :scoop:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1242  Next