Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1242  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:07 am 

Leon? Cancer? But Leon is pretty fair and neutral naut? :huh: Once in a while some L1 Leon can show some moves but most of the times Leon is rather harmless. Even if he can get cheap kills against enemies looking for health, his turret defence is pitiful, etc.

Fixed my controller with great success, so now I dont need to learn KB+M after all, whew. :raehands:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:18 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Leon? Cancer? But Leon is pretty fair and neutral naut? :huh: Once in a while some L1 Leon can show some moves but most of the times Leon is rather harmless. Even if he can get cheap kills against enemies looking for health, his turret defence is pitiful, etc.

Fixed my controller with great success, so now I dont need to learn KB+M after all, whew. :raehands:

Leon is pretty neutral and fair. There's one person who gives me trouble but he's pretty firmly in L1, even if his connection is trash. *cough*600ms+*cough*. But usually it's what I would expect. So I can't complain much.

It is a bit hard to nail every tongue though, even if it is very fast. Ksenia abuses low-health nauts even better but nobody plays her so it's alright.

Grats? on not having to use KB+M though.

EDIT: Little bonus round for y'all.
Got a match, two bots on my team. Random button, let's go. Rae. *, I have bad aim. At least I stretched the game out to 17min, and nearly did best-ingame. The other team seemed to be a L3-4 pre with Scoop, Yoolip and Chucho, which is a bit of trouble when I can't sit in them and snipe, even though I did it anyway cause I'm a rebel.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm 

Leon is one of those video game characters who makes you feel really good about yourself for doing very little. Yasuo in League, Pudge in DOTA, any Assassin in Heroes of the Storm: you push 1 button for a kill, and feel really good about yourself because "wow I had to aim a skillshot that a blind man could've hit I'm so amazing."

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:08 pm 

I dunnoh why (since I dont play them), but my better half plays Ksenia pretty well, but is awful as Leon. I am like, they are the same, Leon just has tongue which makes him a better combo-character than Ksenia is. But still it stays, she is pretty solid Ksenia and should play with her more instead of those characters she is awful as, lol, but in the end its better to have fun around and lose rather than being overly sour competitive. :shady:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:19 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I dunnoh why (since I dont play them), but my better half plays Ksenia pretty well, but is awful as Leon. I am like, they are the same, Leon just has tongue which makes him a better combo-character than Ksenia is. But still it stays, she is pretty solid Ksenia and should play with her more instead of those characters she is awful as, lol, but in the end its better to have fun around and lose rather than being overly sour competitive. :shady:

But leon is free D:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:

But leon is free D:

Ive spent 200+ $\€ to skins.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:

But leon is free D:

Ive spent 200+ $\€ to skins.

Not free like that, free like how it's easy to do well as him.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 pm 

Leon is very simple to play with a very straight-forward kit with abilities that are always useful. It's why Leon has always managed to maintain a modestly consistent win-rate throughout all the patches.
It's another reason these types of characters are always played by * *. People think it's because "man I'm so good I can still win with low tier characters" when in reality the characters are always mid tier because a pull ability (Leon/Pudge) or high damage output in a good area (every other game I mentioned) is literally always useful.

I don't follow the other games as much but in terms of Pudge he has seen play in almost every tournament DOTA has ever had, but has never been consistently picked. Why? Because he's a niche character. There are some unique strategies you can do with him that people don't expect, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just instalocks Lifestealer and Pudge suddenly becomes worthless. It's the same case with Leon: you can almost always guarentee a kill with the Tongue, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just picks escape characters and starts shooting thin air a lot more while also playing way too close to each-other.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
GuyBrush wrote:
I don't follow the other games as much but in terms of Pudge he has seen play in almost every tournament DOTA has ever had, but has never been consistently picked. Why? Because he's a niche character. There are some unique strategies you can do with him that people don't expect, but as soon as he becomes meta everyone just instalocks Lifestealer and Pudge suddenly becomes worthless.

...W-What?

Across the entirety of every league of Dota play, Pudge sports one of the highest (usually the highest) pick rates from the entire hero roster. The "recent" changes to Meat Hook make him easily one of the best hard snowballers in the game, along with everyone's favourite Tresdin, and he's the poster child of the game—along with Lina and Crystal Maiden. I can't see him getting any less viable as a 3rd or 4th position pick with the fresh Strength changes, either, especially when you consider that snowballing potential with Flesh Heap just got buffed.

You can't get more consistent than that. Pudge isn't even that bad anymore, and if you think Lifestealer's going to stop Pudge's unconditional Dismember stun with Rage, I've got bad news for you.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 pm 

Go to fudge pudge forums you fudge pudges. :derp:

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1222, 1223, 1224, 1225, 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1242  Next