Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
eddster27 wrote:
I agree it isn't ideal but it's not necessarily wrong of the MM to do this. A solution could be to lessen the ping factors in high rating games but I imagine this will frustrate about as many people as it pleases.

Is having manageable pings on both teams not the sole aim of the new matchmaking?

If we were to do away with it, would we have made no progress from the old system?

It's one aim not the sole aim. That idea wouldn't throw it out but scale back how much the system cares about ping for high rating matches.

Just want to make it clear that I think it's a bad idea, it was just a possible solution to the case provided by potterman.

Also just want to add that that game does have pretty good matchmaking as far as the rating goes. Average ratings are (reasonably) balanced and all the players in that game are within 3k rating when it is putting them together (Any rating above 18k gets capped at 18k when putting 6 players together).

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 am 

Location: In the fantastical realm of Fan-Made Creations—please do not tap on the glass: it startles us.
eddster27 wrote:
It's one aim not the sole aim. That idea wouldn't throw it out but scale back how much the system cares about ping for high rating matches.

What were the other aims?

I am not being funny; I genuinely cannot remember being told anything aside from "it should prioritise ping". I thought it was doing a pretty good job of that at one point, too (until it apparently started to think Australia did not exist).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 am 

Balancing ping, rating, premades vs premades and avoiding the issues that the first come first served system had.

These are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 am 

I recall there also being a factor to try and avoid playing with the same people consecutively.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:39 pm 

something is wrong when you got the most fun out of this game 5 years ago and nowadays it has even less players to make a good match without bots

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 pm 

idk about the norm, but I typically enjoy things more when they're new, as well. And not five+ years old, where I know the ins-and-outs, the pros and cons, have nothing new to discover, etc.

Not trying to totally downplay your complaints, but yeah

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:07 pm 

i understand where you come from, and generally would agree, but this game has pilled up so many unnecessary stuff in it it has become far from fun, you can have fun just as much as anyone can get fun out of a stick and rocks, doesn't mean is good, the fact it has so many hurdles just to go straight into a good match, let alone a match it's proof of it, it sucked the casual aspect of the game.

the sad part is that is not half as good to be competitive, again, you can make competitions out of drinking alcohol, doesn't mean is a sport just that you can be competitive at anything and call it "competitive", i got 2k hours just by playing sporadically before they implemented that lousy matchmaking system, the game didn't need complex xp gain or snowballing effect, it just needed all the dmg upgrades removed so everything worked around gimmicks or absurd strategies like knockback, now i read the game has become burst damage for everyone

i stop by from time to time, and i keep watching how Ronimo is just as clueless as always as to how bringing more people to the game, if a game is good it doesn't matter it costs 60 dollars, people will get it, currently the game looks to me like a Goodwill store that offers you some stuff for free in hopes of grabbing your leg enough to blood you some more without offering you some quality stuff or at the very best hyping you about it, if they really need the money that bad they can just boundle the 3 expansions + base game as retail and sell it for 20$, i mean, if they went f2p they don't need the money that much am i right?

as for my former point about bringing more people, just make the game fun, bring the old 2013 gameplay and call it classic, join in and out, no xp, no solar items, no dmg items, no penalties, make it casual, casual enough for me to grab, play 15 minutes and stop, if you want more serious gameplay grab the current trash that is the normal queue and call it competitive, where you have to stay, where you get penalized, where you have to play as a team. well that was my yearly rambling, pretty sure it won't be the last, such a shame to see a game with such potential in this state

"Time to chew butt and kick tobacco"

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm 

I had two matches with a boy. First, he complains I feed too much and second game he complains because I don't die enough and wants to report me for that... so much delicious salt...I'm in love! :LeonWink:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm 

I had something similar. We had a Penny who went AFK all the time (to complain I guess, I have chat turned off), and after dying herself 3 times, decides to fool around behind our turrets and do nothing. I dont mind feeders who at least try to contribute, bad players, but when someone doesnt play on purpose is annoying asF. Just quit at least and leave a bot instead.

Well, I got my revenge, since the same player was in my next match, as an opponent. I was 100% sure that we will win the match at that point, since I knew he will do the same again, knowing the coward he was. So, I spent 100% of my energy killing him. Too bad he ragequitted after 5ish deaths (as presumed). I wonder how players like that get their mythic medals though? Against bots I suppose...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm 

At this point, i've pretty much gone numb to the point where i don't even get mad or disappointed since this is the expected result most of the time. Whether it's a win or a loss, the only thing i ask for is a match with evenly matched teams without much lag. Unfortunately, most of the time it ends up being either one of them or both with the occasional leaver because why not? Might as well play random all the time 'cause that's what i usually get from Galactron when it comes to match quality/fun.

Although, after having played LoL (due to my cousin's request) for a week or two, i've come to appreciate Nauts so much more when it comes to sound and art design. It's pretty damn funny that my cousin can't speak english but still knows how to be toxic in-game because of course he does. :lolstar:

Aaron12906m wrote:
Every damn one (topic) is you bums arguing the same poop.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214  Next