Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220 ... 1242  Next

Post subject: Re: Anger Management Thread - Post your frustrating moments
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 am 

GuyBrush wrote:
That being said Ksenia's kinda mid speed, if that makes any sense. She's not a slow-moving juggernaut like Clunk, but also not a fast-paced brawler like Froggy G. I think that might be one of the reasons people don't play her: it's like operating stick-shift.

frog has been my fave for a long time, but i started playing ksenia a lot recently.

i think she's one of the most fun hit & run characters in the game personally. especially when you really focus on using silence to shut someone down at just the right moment.

also roll range + caltrops is pretty fun to noodle around with. it's kind of silly how effective even level 1 caltrops is at deterring people from entering an area. & it's a really fun follow up to a teammate's initiation, like throw, etc.

generally i find her to be a much faster paced playstyle than frog. she has to be very active to maximize damage. frog too i suppose, but lots of times he's actually just taping down the AA button or standing in one place waiting for all his tornado ticks to apply

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 am 

Anger moment;
Enemy Qitara poisons me baddly, so I quickly jump on jumppad to reach the critters on Sorona. "There, there are the critters, I am saved!!!.... Wha..Wha.. Our Gnaw has a weedling planted there...noooooooo!"

*weedling kills the critter in front of me, I die*.

Happens 2 times in the match. Grrrrr this is why I hate Gnaw planting his weedlings to our critter areas.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am 

Boredom moment.
This game is great. This game is fun... sometimes.
But the ranked mode became completely boring. I just pick something to have abilities that could go well with the rest of my team can do, but that's not the main point. I want to have fun. I want to find an opportunity to 1v1 someone, or to initiate, or do a sneaky pickup kill... But that's almost not possible anymore. All I see as the enemy teams are cancer comps with their cheesy gameplay. They just follow standard patterns to push harder and win. They are not interested in doing something new, silly, fun... Countering a gameplay like that is possible, it takes concentration and coordination... BUT IT"S BORING! I'm sick of it. :tear:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:03 pm 

I understand what you mean... I am not bored or sick of that though, just sometimes get annoyed by it. It doesnt happen every match anyway.
And for me, I am annoyed about this because theres always a high chance nowadays to meet someone or 2 8or 3) who are 2000 ranks above me, forcing -me- to pick up my stronger nauts and combos like you mentioned every time to have even a small chance. If I go and pick some naut I rarely ever use but would like to, its just miserable getting 1/8 stats against the unbalanced matches to begin with. I dont mind losing time to time, but when you lose 6 times in a row against opponents way above your skills, you dont want to make it a guaranteed 7th lose by picking some weak naut and getting 1/8. :chucho:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I dont mind losing time to time, but when you lose 6 times in a row against opponents way above your skills, you dont want to make it a guaranteed 7th lose by picking some weak naut and getting 1/8. :chucho:

Y'know, if only it was about losing against much stronger opponents.
I get into l2 matches like I dunno, at least 50% of the time. It means that I'm the only one l3 in the game. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. These are fine games sometimes (if there's no Voltar-Leon-Clunk BS going on).
I get l1 duos sometimes. Or high l2 duos. I just relax and feed because I know I can't beat them. Well maybe I kill someone but just not to get 0/X at the end. I don't bother trying hard there because there's no point.
But then, finally I get l3 or even l4 matches... And... Welp. It's the worst. They are so one-sided and unfair. I even win some of them but, meh. Ez. Or the opposite. I try hard but carrying is beyond my skills.

It's just the "GG" percentage is too low. Close games are rare. Way too rare.

And you just saw it yourself. Ok, maybe losing to L1 Yoolip is not so bad actually we lost because someone on our team was bad but that comp of pure cancer...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:13 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Just a friendly reminder not to give up at any point during a match.

Why even bother booting the game at all if you're not trying to win? Don't tell me that winning against L1 premades is impossible because I've done it as Yoolip in soloqueue and I am nowhere near as good as they are.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:27 am 

I'd rather go afk and move on than stall an unwinnable match but this is a "pick your poison" sort of scenario so no one wins either way. Huzzah.

Last edited by monkeybusiness on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 am 

If you play a character who has chances of getting triple kill at your own base, like Clunk, Jimmy or Froggy, its never impossible to make a comeback. On the other hand if you are a naut who can only slow down the inevitable and no chances of making a wipeout, stalling serves little purpose... I never go afk though, unless someone in our team does that first.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:36 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Just a friendly reminder not to give up at any point during a match.

Why even bother booting the game at all if you're not trying to win? Don't tell me that winning against L1 premades is impossible because I've done it as Yoolip in soloqueue and I am nowhere near as good as they are.

Just a friendly reminder there are players nowhere near as good as you with your Yoolip who get to play against l1s too :CocoWink:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:00 pm 

Just a friendly reminder

Don't leave my 1v1's, as I just wanna play ksenia and feed off your bots like a vampire that only drinks transmission fluid

:>

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219, 1220 ... 1242  Next